Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU Volleyball player kneels during anthem
Bookmark and Share
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
NIU Volleyball player kneels during anthem
I am not trying to get into politics but am wondering what others think about this.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2016/09/2...an/avr5ip/
09-23-2016 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
RE: NIU Volleyball player kneels during anthem
Well, it's one way for an unknown player in a minor sport to garner some attention, I guess.
09-23-2016 03:42 PM
SiegInc Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU, Auburn
Raise your hand if you're sick and tired of hearing about how oppressive, racist, and evil America is.
09-23-2016 03:51 PM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

(09-23-2016 03:40 PM)Dtownboys Wrote:  I am not trying to get into politics but am wondering what others think about this.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2016/09/2...an/avr5ip/

[Image: 65417524.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-23-2016 03:59 PM
cagy cager Offline
1st String

"Raise your hand if you're sick and tired of hearing about how oppressive, racist, and evil America is." says an entitled white guy.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2016 04:01 PM by cagy cager.)
09-23-2016 04:01 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
If I was the victim of racism I might feel the same way.
09-23-2016 04:07 PM
Advertisement

jjprender Offline
Special Teams

(09-23-2016 04:01 PM)cagy cager Wrote:  "Raise your hand if you're sick and tired of hearing about how oppressive, racist, and evil America is." says an entitled white guy.

I'm offended as ane entitled white guy....in that lets stop talking and start doing...let's get moving
09-23-2016 05:02 PM
mustangfootball2004 Offline
2nd String

Virginia Tech basketball coach makes a good point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRJvl2TkNk
09-23-2016 06:22 PM
$NIU$ Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(09-23-2016 03:51 PM)SiegInc Wrote:  Raise your hand if you're sick and tired of hearing about how oppressive, racist, and evil America is.

I mean those are the same sentiments from people who though NWA was radical then oops there's that video of Rodney King. Kudos to the volleyball player..I'm very proud she's a Huskie. Let's support her and others so we can get some meaningful changes like body cameras.
09-23-2016 06:27 PM
$NIU$ Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(09-23-2016 06:22 PM)mustangfootball2004 Wrote:  Virginia Tech basketball coach makes a good point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRJvl2TkNk

I like her point of view better. Either way both views does a service to our country. One group prevents our helps our country from exploding while the other group prevents our country from imploding.

"For me, it was about taking part of the peaceful protest and constantly raising awareness and bringing more attention to the matter of the issue,” McAlpin said. “I was worried about what the audience would think in a way because I know it’s not widely talked about, but I wasn’t worried about placing myself into it. ... With the recent shootings the past week, it made me realize it can happen to anyone.”
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2016 06:51 PM by $NIU$.)
09-23-2016 06:48 PM
NILAW Offline

(09-23-2016 03:51 PM)SiegInc Wrote:  Raise your hand if you're sick and tired of hearing about how oppressive, racist, and evil America is.

Kaepernick signed a 6 year, $114,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000. In 2016, Kaepernick will earn a base salary of $11,900,000, a roster bonus of $2,000,000 and a workout bonus of $400,000. Kaepernick has a cap hit of $15,890,753 while his dead money value is $19,697,260.

While it does not apply to our volleyball player, I just smile thinking about Kaepernick making that kind of money to play football – yes what a horrible country the US has been to him! Same for our Olympic athletes; yes they put in incredible effort and time, but their dreams don’t come true without $$$ from US citizens!

Enough of political stuff; I am interested in Wyoming at EMU.
09-23-2016 07:13 PM
Advertisement

NIU75 Offline
All American

Can someone with institutional history refresh our memories of the sit downs during the national anthem at basketball games back in the early seventies? I thought the players were thinking about refusing to play a game?
09-23-2016 07:27 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(09-23-2016 04:01 PM)cagy cager Wrote:  "Raise your hand if you're sick and tired of hearing about how oppressive, racist, and evil America is." says an entitled white guy.

07-coffee303-phew.03-puke

Could you please enlighten us on your background, how you reached such a conclusion.?
09-23-2016 09:07 PM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

I was at a bar for the Bears game Monday. The same guy complaining to me about players protesting the national anthem referred to a black guy in the bar as "the brotha over there" and said it was a "diverse" crowd that night. Keep complaining about people who kneel, though.
09-23-2016 09:16 PM
cagy cager Offline
1st String

Randy, as entitled white guy I recognize an entitled white guy when I hear him. Only folks who have been born into white privilege, don't recognize the real pain of racism as they lack empathy and compassion.

One of the sad ironies of racism is that it doesn't make a difference how much money you have if you're black you may well still be (mis)treated because you are black.
09-23-2016 10:08 PM
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

Kneel for blacks killing blacks. Oops that huge percentage doesn't matter.
09-23-2016 10:19 PM
Advertisement

prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(09-23-2016 10:08 PM)cagy cager Wrote:  Randy, as entitled white guy I recognize an entitled white guy when I hear him. Only folks who have been born into white privilege, don't recognize the real pain of racism as they lack empathy and compassion.

One of the sad ironies of racism is that it doesn't make a difference how much money you have if you're black you may well still be (mis)treated because you are black.

You have the gift to judge all people's thoughts and souls.... great gift.
09-23-2016 10:33 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(09-23-2016 10:08 PM)cagy cager Wrote:  Randy, as entitled white guy I recognize an entitled white guy when I hear him. Only folks who have been born into white privilege, don't recognize the real pain of racism as they lack empathy and compassion.

Did he say anything against black people, or did he just defend America? That's today for ya, pro one side automatically means your anti the other. But you read between the lines with your privilege insight. The irony here is that the people complaining about Kapernick, are also the ones who can't distinguish the difference between him taking a stand for people color while at the same time he's not saying he hates America. You just did the same, but in reverse.
09-23-2016 11:13 PM
cagy cager Offline
1st String

Defend America? By denying racism? wow. That ain't the America I served in two wars.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2016 11:33 PM by cagy cager.)
09-23-2016 11:31 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(09-23-2016 11:31 PM)cagy cager Wrote:  Defend America? By denying racism? wow. That ain't the America I served in two wars.

Again, this is you placing your views on his words. Did he say racism doesn't exist?or did you say he said that? No one would deny racism exists, he was saying he is sick of hearing that America is portrayed as so extremely racist. We have issues, no doubt. And it's good these topics get discussed and attention. But this is a human race problem, not just an American one. Go spend some time in Eastern Europe or Asia if you wanna see extreme racism? But I do appreciate and respect your service to the country. Thank you.
09-24-2016 12:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.