Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I think Rice, Tulsa, UTEP, and SMU need to defect
Bookmark and Share
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

pick up what's left of the eastern WAC(NMSU and Louisiana Tech) and get UNT and Louisiana-Lafayette from the Sun Belt. If we need any more members for baseball or whatever we give Houston and/or Tulane the opportunity to join us for free or we steal one more team from the Belt. It may not be glamorous but at least it would be OURS and no one would treat us like second class citizens the way we were treated in the WAC or the way we're being treated(and will continue to be treated) in C-USA. I fear that if something like this does not happen UTEP will just take the easy way out and accept the first offer that comes our way from the MWC.
04-26-2005 07:07 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UTEPDude Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTEP & C-USA

Major, what are you worried about? I know its slow with out basketball these days but come on, relax and lets give C-USA a chance first..We haven't even played a C-USA game yet and you want us to leave this conference already? Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen.

UTEP has given up a lot already to join this conference and it would be a dumb move for us to say "Thanks, but CYA LATER", we are not TCU. C-USA has welcomed us with open arms so now its our turn to do the same back to our conference.

Also we have to worry about UTEP first and foremost and all UTEP has to do is Win year in, year out and everything will be ok with us no matter what conference we are in.

So for now just relax, stop worrying, and enjoy the upcoming summer and get ready for some great C-USA football coming to us this fall.
04-27-2005 05:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

I think not.

CUSA is way better than the WAC, MWC or any other conference we would form with anyone else or part of the CUSA schools.
04-27-2005 08:24 PM
Advertisement

mineralum96 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Are you insane? Form a new conference? For what? Who has treated us like second class citizens in the CUSA? Get over your complex and enjoy the fact we are out of the WAC.
05-12-2005 07:46 AM
centex-miner Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I believe the move to Conference USA will be best thing that can happen to this Athletic Program going forward. UTEP will be a beneficiary that will be unmatched in Miner history. Besides the MWC doesn't want UTEP and why go to a conference where you are not wanted. The folks in Utah (basically who run the MWC) can't stand El Paso, so I say screw 'em for eternity.

:wave:
05-15-2005 08:58 AM
Advertisement

GoldenEagle33 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

mineralum96 Wrote:Are you insane? Form a new conference? For what? Who has treated us like second class citizens in the CUSA? Get over your complex and enjoy the fact we are out of the WAC.
How are ya'll treated like 2nd class citizens. All I have heard is praise from your football and basketball teams!!!!! I think UTEP will be a great addition to C-USA and will continue to benefit the conference for as long as they participate in it. Good luck in NC-USA!!!!!!!!
05-16-2005 07:37 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

utepfanfromla Wrote:UTEP has given up a lot already to join this conference and it would be a dumb move for us to say "Thanks, but CYA LATER", we are not TCU. C-USA has welcomed us with open arms so now its our turn to do the same back to our conference.
What has UTEP given up by joining C-USA besides membership is a lousy conference? The WAC is like the MAC a conference that has severely underachievedl. C-USA has been in existance for 10 years and has already surpassed both of those conferences.
05-16-2005 10:44 PM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

I don't think the WAC was that bad and Boise and Frenso are as good as it gets when it comes to non-BCS football programs.

And one could argue had UTEP stayed along with Boise, Frenso and Hawaii that the WAC would have been better than CUSA and the MWC.

I know there were some issues and I know I'm on the outside looking in.

Go UAB!
05-19-2005 11:32 AM
KTulsafan Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

If UTEP wants to leave CUSA, I think you will be going by yourself. Tulsa fans are pleased to be in CUSA and I think SMU and Rice feel the same way. I hope UTEP stays in CUSA. It's a long trip to El Paso, but hopefully it will be worth it.
05-25-2005 10:04 AM
Advertisement

DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

Relax,

UTEP's not going anywhere. Don't get worked up over only one fan's opinion. Besides, I think he has had second thoughts on the original post based on some other post on the main CUSA forum. 04-cheers
05-25-2005 08:29 PM
stanman505 Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP

just testing something
06-11-2005 06:39 PM
UTEPDude Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTEP & C-USA

Did it work Stanman? :)
06-13-2005 04:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.