Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ObamaCare on the verge of collapse
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Mark my words .... if they jack up the premiums AGAIN to bail this failed system out I will either try to get on my gf's insurance or go without insurance completely, visiting cash only doctors with up front price lists, and socking it to the system by picking up coverage when it need it if something serious happens. I'm sick and f*cking tired of being fleeced by this scam. Single ... white ... male .. under 40 ... self-employed buying on the individual market. I am the center of the Venn Diagram of f*cked by this law. I refuse to be robbed at gunpoint to the tune of four figures a month between taxes and insurance premiums. NO MORE.

And this grand failure? By design. They want this thing to implode so they can go full single payer and bottle up everybody in this giant steaming turd. So if you have non-sh*t insurance through your employer you better keep an eye looking over your shoulder. Uncle Sam is coming for you next.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/17/obamacare...warns.html
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 01:39 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
08-20-2016 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
RE: ObamaCare on the verge of collapse
Stop your incessant complaining. You just don't understand what's in your best interest.
08-20-2016 01:53 PM
Pigs N Heat BBQ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GS Eagles
4 figures a month? I would just pay the fine.
08-20-2016 01:54 PM

(08-20-2016 01:54 PM)Pigs N Heat BBQ Wrote:  4 figures a month? I would just pay the fine.

Premium + Federal Taxes (of which a pretty damn BIG chunk go into federal healthcare in one form or another ... be that the exchanges or medicare or medicaid).
08-20-2016 02:00 PM
Pigs N Heat BBQ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GS Eagles
Depending on how risky you wanted to get, you could cut that down quite a bit. It sucks for sure though. The white man has had it rough the last 8 years.
08-20-2016 02:05 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(08-20-2016 01:37 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Mark my words .... if they jack up the premiums AGAIN to bail this failed system out I will either try to get on my gf's insurance or go without insurance completely, visiting cash only doctors with up front price lists, and socking it to the system by picking up coverage when it need it if something serious happens. I'm sick and f*cking tired of being fleeced by this scam. Single ... white ... male .. under 40 ... self-employed buying on the individual market. I am the center of the Venn Diagram of f*cked by this law. I refuse to be robbed at gunpoint to the tune of four figures a month between taxes and insurance premiums. NO MORE.

And this grand failure? By design. They want this thing to implode so they can go full single payer and bottle up everybody in this giant steaming turd. So if you have non-sh*t insurance through your employer you better keep an eye looking over your shoulder. Uncle Sam is coming for you next.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/17/obamacare...warns.html

I'd check out for boutique docs in your area. Many of them are cash only.
08-20-2016 02:07 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(08-20-2016 01:54 PM)Pigs N Heat BBQ Wrote:  4 figures a month? I would just pay the fine.

are we back to calling it a fine?

I thought the Supremes said we had to call it a tax in order to be constitutional and all.
08-20-2016 02:17 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I'm still under $600/month for a family of 5, but while the premiums haven't shot up, the cost of everything else has tripled... used to cost $15 for primary care, and that's now $35... ER used to be $75 and now it's over $300.
08-20-2016 03:58 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-20-2016 03:58 PM)Chappy Wrote:  I'm still under $600/month for a family of 5, but while the premiums haven't shot up, the cost of everything else has tripled... used to cost $15 for primary care, and that's now $35... ER used to be $75 and now it's over $300.

I'm jealous. Our first ER visit next year will be over $1500
08-20-2016 04:00 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
My small, family run, business is now on its third policy since the 2010 enactment of the non-Affordable Care Act. My premiums have increased 80% during that time. If most of my employees were not family, I would have have long ago told them that their on they're on own for insurance coverage.

We instead are knuckling down as best we can. There have been no raises for the past five years, and no new hires during that time either. All so the worthless p.o.s. currently occupying the White House can feel noble about himself.

If ever there was a time for a sensible Republican, this was the year for it. Instead, we get a self-sabotaging egomaniac, who would rather preen than take the time to become coherent on even the most basic issues. We're toast as a nation.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 04:23 PM by AdoptedMonarch.)
08-20-2016 04:22 PM

(08-20-2016 04:22 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  My small, family run, business is now on its third policy since the 2010 enactment of the non-Affordable Care Act. My premiums have increased 80% during that time. If most of my employees were not family, I would have have long ago told them that their on they're on own for insurance coverage.

We instead are knuckling down as best we can. There have been no raises for the past five years, and no new hires during that time either. All so the worthless p.o.s. currently occupying the White House can feel noble about himself.

If ever there was a time for a sensible Republican, this was the year for it. Instead, we get a self-sabotaging egomaniac, who would rather preen than take the time to become coherent on even the most basic issues. We're toast as a nation.

I think it's actually even WORSE than that on the GOP side. The only people on the GOP side with principles (Rand) or even a VERY modest positive track record in government (Walker... maybe Gilmore, Jindal) were among the very first out of the field. Everybody who stayed in to the bitter end was just as worthless.
08-20-2016 07:50 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
The solution is obvious. Get the insurance companies out of the system and put everyone on Medicare. Insurance companies provide no value to anyone except themselves.
08-20-2016 08:48 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
(08-20-2016 08:48 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Insurance companies provide no value to anyone except themselves.

Wow. I love my insurance.

Sent from my VS980 4G using CSNbbs mobile app
08-20-2016 08:53 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(08-20-2016 08:48 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  The solution is obvious. Get the insurance companies out of the system and put everyone on Medicare. Insurance companies provide no value to anyone except themselves.
We can't afford to put everyone on Medicare, which in itself is insolvent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
08-20-2016 08:58 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(08-20-2016 08:53 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(08-20-2016 08:48 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Insurance companies provide no value to anyone except themselves.

I'm happy with mine as well. My company is paying out the ass for it. Hope we keep it again next year.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2016 09:00 PM by EverRespect.)
08-20-2016 08:59 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-20-2016 08:48 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  The solution is obvious. Get the insurance companies out of the system and put everyone on Medicare. Insurance companies provide no value to anyone except themselves.

And the hundreds of thousands of average Americans they employ
08-20-2016 10:39 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(08-20-2016 02:17 PM)solohawks Wrote:  

are we back to calling it a fine?

I thought the Supremes said we had to call it a tax in order to be constitutional and all.

"Stupid tax"
08-20-2016 10:49 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss

f in history.
f in economics.
f in ethics.
f in mathematics.
f in reading comprehension.

jesus. you might be the dumbest person I know.
08-20-2016 10:49 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(08-20-2016 08:59 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(08-20-2016 08:53 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  

I'm happy with mine as well. My company is paying out the ass for it. Hope we keep it again next year.

We should all be looking at the amount of outlay ...not who is paying it. Mark my word...at some point your employer is going to be forced to shift more and more of that outlay to YOU.

Between my wife and I we have an outlay of over 1500 per month. No way in HELL is that a reasonable premium for 2 healthy people. It is insane. Im simply paying for others health care...not mine.
08-20-2016 11:05 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
no one is talking about it, but the employer mandate will take effect in 2017, as well.
08-20-2016 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.