Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AD
Bookmark and Share
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Home Team
AD
Reading articles and board 'leaks' are coming out regarding AD's being proactive pursuing conference options. Anyone know if our AD has let it be known Southern Miss exist? Realize Big 12 is a long shot but at least try!?!
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 09:37 PM by TheChosenOne.)
08-05-2016 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jayesseagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
AD
(08-05-2016 09:36 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  Reading articles and board 'leaks' are coming out regarding AD's being proactive pursuing conference options. Anyone know if our AD has let it be known Southern Miss exist? Realize Big 12 is a long shot but at least try!?!

I agree! At least try...because we aren't going anywhere if we don't!! We need to proposition ourselves to get out of CUSA!
08-05-2016 10:27 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

RE: AD
ive not heard but have sure been hoping hes been pro-active with the Big 12. sure, its a long shot, but why the heck not? bottom line is that we have a better football program than any other school they are considering, and we are in the middle of SEC territory. so there.
08-05-2016 10:59 PM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
I asked Munz about that in this week's chat. He basically said don't expect to hear anything from the AD. He's keeping it tight and not public.
08-06-2016 09:04 AM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

People get irrationally mad at the AD if they don't hear anything publicly on this issue. They want to hear something. Whether or not it's true or even helps our case, they always just want to hear something. We aren't going to the Big 12, no chance at all. But I'm sure Bill is doing his due diligence with the AAC, just like every other AD.
08-06-2016 11:06 AM
Advertisement

Jayesseagle Offline
Special Teams

AD
(08-06-2016 11:06 AM)Eagle9 Wrote:  People get irrationally mad at the AD if they don't hear anything publicly on this issue. They want to hear something. Whether or not it's true or even helps our case, they always just want to hear something. We aren't going to the Big 12, no chance at all. But I'm sure Bill is doing his due diligence with the AAC, just like every other AD.

Exactly right Eagle9, an invite to the Big 12 is a long long shot, and maybe even longer than that! But..I do honestly think that our AD needs to contact them just to atleast "rub shoulders" with them. I don't care if it be the AAC, Big 12, Big 10, or even the SEC...if anybody is looking to expand, atleast throw our hat in the ring, what's it going to hurt ? Look at Louisville...look at TCU...as a matter of fact look at all our former conference members, they did it and...now look at where we are..in CUSA looking up at the others.That's one of our downfalls is that we have become complacment on thinking we only belong in CUSA. Southern Miss used to be the Cream of the Crop among the G5's and now years later, they are trying to leave us behind because our past administration or whatever it was has allowed us to take a step back and watch everybody move up. I might be wrong but if we would have hired Monken as soon as Fedora left we probably would have kept the train moving forward and gotten into the AAC, but for whatever reason, we hired EJ at the worst time and we flopped when it counted the most! Maybe I'm wrong but I really believe that was the straw that broke the camels back with us being in the AAC. We need to our Voice to be heard to any and every conference commissioner that's looking to invite schools.
08-06-2016 12:05 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I'd just like to hear we're trying. Understand need to not go fully public but give the fans something to hang on to. As is, appears the AD not doing anything. If he wants contributions to increase how about information to motivate. Currently giving enough to have seats in section E but not willing to increase until I know money used to improve.
08-06-2016 02:44 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2016 09:04 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  I asked Munz about that in this week's chat. He basically said don't expect to hear anything from the AD. He's keeping it tight and not public.

That's one of my the biggest things about our AD....leaks about hires and other news rarely happens more than a few minutes or maybe an hour before it goes public. It's almost like he tells committee members "if any of this leaks somebody is getting fired"
08-06-2016 03:43 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

He has some ins with some AAC suits. Don't know how much good it will do, or whether we'd be better off once everybody leaves for other pastures. I sure won't be kissing up to that arrogant bunch of a-holes.
08-06-2016 05:58 PM
Advertisement

GoBigGold Offline
Bench Warmer

I talk Southern Miss up everyday. The one question I hear more than others is when are they going to move to a better conference. It's as if the local causal fans think we chose to stay here.

That's the most frustrating thing with BM's style.
08-07-2016 05:29 AM
GoBigGold Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-06-2016 05:58 PM)Noodles Wrote:  He has some ins with some AAC suits. Don't know how much good it will do, or whether we'd be better off once everybody leaves for other pastures. I sure won't be kissing up to that arrogant bunch of a-holes.

If they backfill with CUSA teams then CUSA only gets worse.

Were they a-holes when we shared a conference with them or did they become a-holes when they didn't take us with them?
08-07-2016 05:34 AM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

Moving into AAC will improve today and tomorrow's position unfortunate only shifting Southern Miss to same place it was five years ago. Every fan has their rathers but I'd prefer moving into AAC. As previously mentioned, Big 12 is a long shot but stranger things have occurred in college football
08-07-2016 10:24 AM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

i think its imperative that we at least get back to playing Memphis, ECU, SMU, etc. Those aren't powers by any means, but people simply have no desire to see FAU, Charlotte, Old Dominion, UTSA, etc. its as if we are in DII ball perception wise. not good for recruiting, not good for ticket sales, not good for anything. cant believe that I would ever be thrilled playing Memphis, but here we are.
08-07-2016 11:48 AM
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2016 02:44 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  I'd just like to hear we're trying. Understand need to not go fully public but give the fans something to hang on to. As is, appears the AD not doing anything. If he wants contributions to increase how about information to motivate. Currently giving enough to have seats in section E but not willing to increase until I know money used to improve.

I cant think of any other ad in the county that is as open as this one.
Our problem is the last 2 we had were so open that everything was on the street before a meeting in his office adjourned. The only difference in the last 2 were the groups giving out the info. They also failed to move us forward on any front.
This one is trying but its awful hard to make chicken salad from chicken poop.
08-08-2016 09:25 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

Y'all do realize he wasn't at the AAC basketball tourney just to watch Tulane play, right?
08-11-2016 07:23 AM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
Harbor..... Who is the USM guy in your signature? If seen it before, but until now I've never really noticed how much he looks like Jar Jar Binks.
08-11-2016 07:47 AM
ProfessorEagle Offline
Special Teams

(08-06-2016 12:05 PM)Jayesseagle Wrote:  I might be wrong but if we would have hired Monken as soon as Fedora left we probably would have kept the train moving forward and gotten into the AAC, but for whatever reason, we hired EJ at the worst time and we flopped when it counted the most! Maybe I'm wrong but I really believe that was the straw that broke the camels back with us being in the AAC.

The EJ debacle certainly didn't help us but the AAC didn't select teams because of their winning tradition. Just look at that cast of characters. It was about markets and money (real or potential) and we have neither.
08-11-2016 08:37 AM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
That's why, as an athletic director, you are not just a salesman to your constituents, you are also a salesman to your conference brethren....and we did a shatty job.

At EVERY former C-USA get-together among AD's, we shoulda been schmoozing, kissing arse, and talking TOGETHERNESS with each and every athletic program. We have been friends with Memphis, Toolame and ECU for decades, and we shoulda beaten to death the idea of BROTHERHOOD and CO-DEPENDENCE!

Yeah...I hate doing and saying all that stuff, but it's part of MY job, and unfortunately a part of the game we apparently ain't been playing...04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 12:57 PM by eaglebeaver.)
08-11-2016 12:56 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(08-11-2016 12:56 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  That's why, as an athletic director, you are not just a salesman to your constituents, you are also a salesman to your conference brethren....and we did a shatty job.

At EVERY former C-USA get-together among AD's, we shoulda been schmoozing, kissing arse, and talking TOGETHERNESS with each and every athletic program. We have been friends with Memphis, Toolame and ECU for decades, and we shoulda beaten to death the idea of BROTHERHOOD and CO-DEPENDENCE!

Yeah...I hate doing and saying all that stuff, but it's part of MY job, and unfortunately a part of the game we apparently ain't been playing...04-cheers

To that end, perhaps having a nutjob president and a rookie AD with whom no one at the table had any relationship whatsoever was, uh, not ideal as the AAC was being formed.

Water under the bridge now, though. Can only bust ass to try to get back in the mix.
08-11-2016 10:28 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(08-11-2016 07:47 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  Harbor..... Who is the USM guy in your signature? If seen it before, but until now I've never really noticed how much he looks like Jar Jar Binks.

That would be a professional wrestler known as Booker T. Reminding everyone that he was the "5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time WCW Champion" was part of his interview schtick.
08-11-2016 10:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.