Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USM fans (Eaglepost)
Bookmark and Share
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
USM fans (Eaglepost)
In case you missed it, EaglePost changed its format. Again. 2nd time in a year.

http://eaglepost.info

It's now Wordpress and is basically like Facebook.

The forum was already not the same after last fall's crash, but this may be the death blow that kills it.

I don't have the time (or money) to start up some USM forum, but there's gotta be a legit non-pay board option for USM sports. Might want to start using the USM BBS board here.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 09:45 PM by BeagleUSM.)
08-05-2016 06:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: USM fans (Eaglepost)
(08-05-2016 06:47 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  In case you missed it, EaglePost changed its format. Again. 2nd time in a year.

The forum was already not the same after last fall's crash, but this may be the death blow that kills it.

I don't have the time (or money) to start up some USM forum, but there's gotta be a legit non-pay board option for USM sports. Might want to start using the USM BBS board here.

Bring 'em here. This place is steady and well-maintained.
08-05-2016 06:52 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

(08-05-2016 06:52 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 06:47 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  In case you missed it, EaglePost changed its format. Again. 2nd time in a year.

That's what I'm thinking. The board here is already setup and paid for. It just needs some posters.

I started on EP in 2011. It was a great board up until the crash last fall, then it lost a bunch of posters. This new change to the Wordpress BS is the last straw for me.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 07:23 PM by BeagleUSM.)
08-05-2016 06:59 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(08-05-2016 06:59 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 06:52 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  

That's what I'm thinking. The board here is already setup and paid for. It just needs some posters.

I started on EP in 2011. It was a great board up until the crash last fall (which was mainly due to the negligence of the board moderator), then it lost a bunch of posters. This new change to the Wordpress BS is the last straw for me.

More reason to come over and read the shi*...err, wit! yes...the wit and wisdom of ol' eaglebeaver....04-cheers
08-05-2016 07:11 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

This is EP now.

http://eaglepost.info/activity/

Joke.
08-05-2016 07:35 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

word
08-05-2016 07:58 PM
Advertisement

gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
TTT! I'll read whatever USM info is posted. Not that my vote counts, but I don't (read can't) pay for message board insider info...most of which is readily available for free if you search social media.
08-05-2016 08:05 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
A lot of that "insider" info you see on the boards is BS anyway. The fans post all the time on anything and everything, while the insiders post less often and usually about what they've got the inside track on. An "insider" that posts a lot is suspect IMO
08-05-2016 08:32 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

So under this new format how many positive post can you make before your password suddenly doesnt work???

Should be called the get insulted by carmody board
08-05-2016 08:59 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

08-05-2016 09:18 PM
Ace Barker Offline
Banned

I Root For: BSC and USM
i have always thought about hosting a board. Probably too much trouble. My provider could handle the traffic

Ace...
08-05-2016 10:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Bring them here. Let me know if I can help. We can tweak this place and customize it for you.
08-06-2016 03:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

Eagle post is where all who have been banned, don't think they have to go by any rules...anywhere...end up. Worst message board in history and is completely unmoderated. Need you know anymore why it failed miserably?
08-06-2016 07:36 AM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

(08-06-2016 03:19 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Bring them here. Let me know if I can help. We can tweak this place and customize it for you.

Check your PM.
08-06-2016 02:41 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Home Team
(08-06-2016 07:36 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  Eagle post is where all who have been banned, don't think they have to go by any rules...anywhere...end up. Worst message board in history and is completely unmoderated. Need you know anymore why it failed miserably?

Agree, way to much BS. Takes away from content which caused informative posters to not post. i.e. nugget ghost and beers added nothing of substance.
08-06-2016 02:49 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2016 07:36 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  Eagle post is where all who have been banned, don't think they have to go by any rules...anywhere...end up. Worst message board in history and is completely unmoderated. Need you know anymore why it failed miserably?

AGREED 1000%. Too many f-bombs and belittling of posters. It usually turned into the same several posters derailing threads about personal things. I tried it a few times but the constant profanity and racism caused me to stop even reading it.
08-06-2016 03:38 PM
Advertisement

Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

I posted on eaglepost, but sometimes it was just about unbearable. Mostly old farts who thought they shouldn't have to follow any rules on another board. They worshipped the fact that eaglepost was unmoderated, just so they could say what they wanted. If you didn't belittle our teams and coaches at every oppurtunity, you were a "sunshine pumper". I doubt most of them even go to games. No matter who we played, if we lost, our team sucks and the coaches should be fired. Every time we lose a football game, I have to make it a point not to check eaglepost out of habit, because the negativity will overwhelm you.

They thought being negative was really cool. Threads about tomato sandwiches would go on for 50 or 100 posts, just to get on the actual good posters nerves. But an informative thread about recruiting or a position battle in fall camp would die after 5. Almost glad that place is dying.

There were 2 or 3 posters that have been on there for years and never even made a post with any substance. Mostly just made personal attacks against anyone that said anything positive.
08-06-2016 03:57 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I see Attalblaze already reached out. Im sure that him and GTS can get you running here in no time.
08-06-2016 05:11 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

(08-06-2016 05:11 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I see Attalblaze already reached out. Im sure that him and GTS can get you running here in no time.

I PMed them both earlier.
08-06-2016 05:19 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(08-06-2016 05:19 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 05:11 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I see Attalblaze already reached out. Im sure that him and GTS can get you running here in no time.

I PMed them both earlier.

Here I go against the grain (again): I always liked ol baldy and the EP get-togethers before the games.

Haven't posted on EP in years so I hadn't noticed the defections...

As for beers, he's mostly all bluff and a great guy away from EP...and yes, I guarantee he and most of the old farts on there go to the games...

Last time I looked, biggoldnation looked kinda pitiful too...04-cheers
08-06-2016 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.