Clinton Foundation Funded By Anti-Gay Countries
06-17-2016 03:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: Clinton Foundation Funded By Anti-Gay Countries
(06-17-2016 03:37 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Lazy Tom, where's the outrage?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/...tcmp=hpbt3

Actually TAKING money from them is not nearly as bad as GIVING it to them.
06-17-2016 03:43 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(06-17-2016 03:43 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

And I guess throwing gays off tall buildings isnt as bad as chopping off their heads.
06-17-2016 03:48 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

When you are an anti-gay country, and donations to the Clinton Foundation buy you political favors/access to Hillary Clinton - it is WORSE than giving it to them.
06-17-2016 03:50 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-17-2016 03:48 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

And I guess throwing gays off tall buildings isnt as bad as chopping off their heads.

I really don't get your point. If the Saudis decided to write me a check, I'd cash it. I certainly wouldn't do anything for the money. Or in return for it.

Sure, this raises eyebrows, but HRC has been a pretty strong advocate. Much better than Trump who prostrated himself in an attempt to woo Qadaffi and slavishly adores Putin. Would I prefer they didn't talk to them? NO. It matters not who you talk to, but what you say to them.

BTW, I thought HRC had the best comment on Sunday. She called out the Saudis and Qataris by name for allowing their citizens to fund terrorism.

But Kudos to Fox News for mentioning one country that is not Muslim that treats its LGBT citizens extremely poorly (Jamaica). More of this please and we might actually think your criticism is based upon the discrimination and mistreatment of us rather than some myopic and cynical desire to use some, but not all, forms of violent homophobia for your own ends.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2016 04:00 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
06-17-2016 03:52 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
It is just fine and dandy because it is Hillary.
06-17-2016 03:53 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-17-2016 03:53 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  It is just fine and dandy because it is Hillary.

No. It raises some very minor questions. But HRC has a record, and a good one (especially compared to Trump/the GOP) on our issues. Its not a perfect one. But much better cannot be the enemy of perfect (unlike the factions in the GOP, who insisted on perfect and ended up with Trump as a result).
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2016 04:10 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
06-17-2016 04:04 PM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Clinton Foundation Funded By Anti-Gay Countries
Hillary is funded by countries that execute homosexuals and Chick-fil-a opened on a Sunday to feed those giving blood to support the victims of a shooting (by a gay Muslim)...

Confusing times for some.
06-17-2016 04:32 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Hillary has always been available to those who pay for access regardless of who they are or what they believe.

Why is this news?
06-17-2016 04:41 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
I guess we now know why she cant say Islamic Terrorism...
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2016 05:02 PM by UTSAMarineVet09.)
06-17-2016 04:41 PM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Well, at least those countries have a great history regarding their treatment of women.
06-17-2016 04:56 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-17-2016 04:32 PM)Chappy Wrote:  Hillary is funded by countries that execute homosexuals and Chick-fil-a opened on a Sunday to feed those giving blood to support the victims of a shooting (by a gay Muslim)...

Confusing times for some.

What's the confusion?

HRC has a record to fall back on. A largely good one. And she publicly called out the Saudis and the Qataris on Sunday.

And Trump does too.

He's all over the UAE and prostrated himself to Qaddafi. And Putin too. DJT, really doesn't have a record. And God only knows what he'd do as President
06-17-2016 05:36 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-17-2016 04:56 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Well, at least those countries have a great history regarding their treatment of women.

You are free to opine that HRC is worse on respecting women and womens rights than DJT.

And Trump...is in bed with the Emiratis and was in bed with Qadaffi too.

---

I don't think this line is really going to be a profitable one for you guys politically. Sure, bring it up. At some level, I'm glad someone is giving her some grief over this.

But to argue that HRC would be less of an advocate for women or LGBT persons than Donald Trump at this point is risible.
06-17-2016 05:38 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(06-17-2016 05:38 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(06-17-2016 04:56 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Well, at least those countries have a great history regarding their treatment of women.

You are free to opine that HRC is worse on respecting women and womens rights than DJT.

---

I don't think this line is really going to be a profitable one for you guys politically. Sure, bring it up. At some level, I'm glad someone is giving her some grief over this.

But to argue that HRC would be less of an advocate for women or LGBT persons than Donald Trump at this point is risible.

[Image: 1425_3.jpg]
06-17-2016 05:42 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-17-2016 05:42 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(06-17-2016 05:38 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

---

[Image: 1425_3.jpg]

Here's what I think LGBT Americans want from our foreign affairs agenda:

1) Strong condemnation of anti-Gay laws and strong diplomatic and economic pressure to back that up.
2) Automatic asylum for LGBT refugees from anti-Gay countries. Especially for those fleeing execution regimes, even if those refugees come from a Muslim heritage
3) Strong opposition to anti-Gay countries/parties that seek to expand influence in less repressive regions (Putin, and most of the Euroskeptic parties)
4) An end to US AID and other taxpayer funding for nations that engage in gross violations of LGBT civil rights
5) An end to taxpayer deductions for charities that funnel money through anti-Gay foreign organizations (defined as those that publicly support extreme anti-Gay measures)

Obama has been, by far, the best President on these issues. And I'd give him a C-.

Trump is in a bromance with Putin. And he won't allow LGBT refugees to come here. And he's somewhat aligned with the anti-Gay parties of Europe. And who knows what he'll do about funding.

Unfortunately, no one is going to move forward on issue 5. Too many churches do that.

My guess is that Clinton will be no worse than Obama. And might be a bit better. Trump will be far worse (especially on asylum).

---

Nuking Raqaa isn't going to help the LGBT people there. It will kill them too. Military action frequently leaves our community in WORSE positions than before the military action.
06-17-2016 05:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.