Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will this happen in America?
GreenWave16 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tulane
http://www.businessinsider.com/south-afr...nts-2016-6

I can only hope so. This could be the first step in eradicating hate from this nation. Hopefully one day this will be law in our country then maybe jail time will follow.
06-10-2016 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
RE: Will this happen in America?
I don't know why people think that you are a good troll. You are a terrible troll.
06-10-2016 05:16 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(06-10-2016 05:16 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  I don't know why people think that you are a good troll. You are a terrible troll.

he easily doesn't pass your continual 'smell' tests

I will give him a nod in the 'consistency' category....

you easily spank him in 'content' and 'humor'....you slip on 02-13-banana at times with the first one

your 'read' is easily more 'insightful'

04-cheers04-bow05-stirthepot04-rock05-mafiaCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGSCOGS
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 07:36 PM by stinkfist.)
06-10-2016 07:35 PM
ARandomHerdFan Offline
User Banned

I Root For: Marshall
(06-10-2016 04:58 PM)GreenWave16 Wrote:  http://www.businessinsider.com/south-afr...nts-2016-6

I can only hope so. This could be the first step in eradicating hate from this nation. Hopefully one day this will be law in our country then maybe jail time will follow.

Congrats on passing -300.
06-10-2016 08:30 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
Uncomfortable truth: South Africa has gone to sh!t since Apartheid ended. And instead of fixing themselves, I see there's a witch hunt on for jimmie-rustling speech.

It will continue to devolve into a proper third world shithole.
06-11-2016 01:28 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
(06-11-2016 01:28 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Uncomfortable truth: South Africa has gone to sh!t since Apartheid ended. And instead of fixing themselves, I see there's a witch hunt on for jimmie-rustling speech.

You think apartheid was a better situation?
06-11-2016 01:50 AM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(06-11-2016 01:50 AM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  
(06-11-2016 01:28 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Uncomfortable truth: South Africa has gone to sh!t since Apartheid ended. And instead of fixing themselves, I see there's a witch hunt on for jimmie-rustling speech.

I have no idea. I've never been there, before or after Apartheid. I'm sure Apartheid was quite unpleasant.....though I don't know if it's any better at this point. I mean, in terms of universal political representation it is. Otherwise that place isn't doing well. At all.

I'm simply stating an uncomfortable truth about the general plight of the country since Apartheid ended. The place was once the beacon of Africa, but has since devolved into just another turd of a country.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2016 04:13 AM by shiftyeagle.)
06-11-2016 04:12 AM
wavefan12 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulane

Wow, i mean really just wow.
06-11-2016 04:14 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(06-11-2016 04:14 AM)wavefan12 Wrote:  

Wow, i mean really just wow.

Are you going to make an argument against my claim or just get your jimmies rustled?
06-11-2016 04:25 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

Here's a few snippets from an article on the subject by the National Review:

"When apartheid ended, the life expectancy in South Africa was 64 — the same as in Turkey and Russia. Now it’s 56, the same as in Somalia. There are 132.4 rapes per 100,000 people per year, which is by far the highest in the world: Botswana is in second with 93, Sweden in third with 64; no other country exceeds 32."

BTW, we can thank Kebab for Sweden's high rate.

"A 2013 piece on World Net Daily quotes Mercer as saying, with all her anti-apartheid chops, that “more people are murdered in one week under African rule than died under detention of the Afrikaner government over the course of roughly four decades.” The South African government estimates that there are 31 murders per 100,000 people per year. Or about 50 a day. That would make South Africa the tenth most murderous country in the world, outpacing Rwanda, Mexico, and both Sudans. And that’s using South Africa’s official estimates — outside groups put the murder rate 100 percent higher. Choosing not to trust the South African authorities is a safe bet — South Africa’s government, which has been led by Nelson Mandela’s African National Congress since the end of apartheid, is outstandingly incompetent and corrupt."

"Unemployment is 25 percent, but President Jacob Zuma, of the ANC, recently spent $24 million of public money to add a pool and amphitheater to his private home. Not long after the story broke, he was elected to a second five-year term."

"It appears that South Africa is about the most dangerous place you can be outside a war zone. What’s more worrying is the chance that it might become a war zone. Nelson Mandela was able to hold the “rainbow nation” together, but he’s passed on. Now, according to the human-rights organization Genocide Watch, South Africa is at pre-genocide stage 6 of 8: “Preparation.”

"In 2010, a prominent member of the African National Congress named Julius Malema revived an old anti-apartheid song whose lyrics — says Genocide Watch — call for genocide: “Shoot the Boer, shoot, shoot.” “Boer” means “farmer” in Afrikaans; colloquially, it means “white South African.” Malema was ejected from the ANC and convicted of hate speech; he has since formed a new opposition party, the Economic Freedom Fighters, which is currently the third largest party in parliament. Seven months after Malema’s conviction, President Zuma sang the genocide song himself, leading a crowd in a musical chant: “We are going to shoot them with machine guns, they are going to run . . . The cabinet will shoot them, with the machine gun . . . Shoot the Boer, we are going to hit them, they are going to run.”

So. Like I said. What is your counter-argument?
06-11-2016 04:39 AM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU

So the choice is Mussolini or Mugabe.

Choose wisely South Africa....
06-11-2016 07:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(06-11-2016 07:27 AM)8BitPirate Wrote:  

So the choice is Mussolini or Mugabe.

Choose wisely South Africa....

Heh.

Uncomfortable truths are normally met with crickets.
06-11-2016 08:28 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

lol, of course you support apartheid...that's just so MS.
06-11-2016 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF

[Image: they_see_me_trollin____by_hybrid_tech-d2z4c5s.jpg]
06-11-2016 11:34 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
(06-11-2016 04:12 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  

I have no idea. I've never been there, before or after Apartheid. I'm sure Apartheid was quite unpleasant.....though I don't know if it's any better at this point. I mean, in terms of universal political representation it is. Otherwise that place isn't doing well. At all.

I'm simply stating an uncomfortable truth about the general plight of the country since Apartheid ended. The place was once the beacon of Africa, but has since devolved into just another turd of a country.

It was only the beacon of Africa if you were white. I agree that it's unfortunate what has happened but the unrest and struggle was predictable. What did you expect, everyone to just forgive and forget?
06-11-2016 12:34 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(06-11-2016 12:34 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  

It was only the beacon of Africa if you were white. I agree that it's unfortunate what has happened but the unrest and struggle was predictable. What did you expect, everyone to just forgive and forget?

No, it was the nicest country in sub-Saharan Africa regardless of your race.

It isn't now.
06-11-2016 12:38 PM
Advertisement

wahoowa Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators
(06-10-2016 04:58 PM)GreenWave16 Wrote:  http://www.businessinsider.com/south-afr...nts-2016-6

Aww..... You got banned? I'll have to stick with fitbud for my daily troll humor now that you're gone.
06-11-2016 01:57 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(06-11-2016 01:57 PM)wahoowa Wrote:  

Aww..... You got banned? I'll have to stick with fitbud for my daily troll humor now that you're gone.

.....the irony of 'time out' in scope relative to dem's perception.......
06-11-2016 02:54 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(06-11-2016 12:34 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  

Are you seriously attempting to legitimize mass rape?

Just stahp.
06-12-2016 12:53 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(06-11-2016 11:29 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

lol, of course you support apartheid...that's just so MS.

Hardly.

I assume you didn't read where I posted what has happened in that country since it ended.

You're just worried about the funny feelings in your belly that occur when you read something that triggers you.

Uncomfortable truths are still truths. Quit being a baby and make a counter-argument.
06-12-2016 12:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.