WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stupid People - smh
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Stupid People - smh
Don't know if any of you have heard or read of this story. Just reported yesterday but apparently it happened a few days ago.

Tourists visiting Yellowstone saw a baby Bison and thought it looked cold. So, they load it up in their SUV and drive it to a ranger station. The rangers, of course told them that people are NOT to interact with, approach, or touch the wildlife. The rangers took it back to the place where the people found it and tried to re-introduce it to the herd. The herd rejected it repeatedly. Ultimately, they had to put the calf down as it had imprinted on humans and was now approaching cars and people and was not old enough to fend for itself.

The tourists were cited and ticketed (GOOD!) However, I kind of wish that they had made the tourists watch them put it down and explicitly TOLD them that THEY and their actions had caused its demise.

These tourists were foreigners. Thank the lord as we have enough idiots of our own. I've seen idiocy regarding people and wildlife at Yellowstone myself. Some of it so stupid you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Maybe these people thought Yellowstone is some kind of zoo......

03-banghead
05-16-2016 06:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Stupid People - smh
(05-16-2016 06:03 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Don't know if any of you have heard or read of this story. Just reported yesterday but apparently it happened a few days ago.

Tourists visiting Yellowstone saw a baby Bison and thought it looked cold. So, they load it up in their SUV and drive it to a ranger station. The rangers, of course told them that people are NOT to interact with, approach, or touch the wildlife. The rangers took it back to the place where the people found it and tried to re-introduce it to the herd. The herd rejected it repeatedly. Ultimately, they had to put the calf down as it had imprinted on humans and was now approaching cars and people and was not old enough to fend for itself.

The tourists were cited and ticketed (GOOD!) However, I kind of wish that they had made the tourists watch them put it down and explicitly TOLD them that THEY and their actions had caused its demise.

These tourists were foreigners. Thank the lord as we have enough idiots of our own. I've seen idiocy regarding people and wildlife at Yellowstone myself. Some of it so stupid you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Maybe these people thought Yellowstone is some kind of zoo......

03-banghead

I blame Disney and the fact that they imprint the humanization of wildlife on our youth... Which in turn becomes stories like the above...
05-16-2016 06:27 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Saw German/Austrian adult tourists approach Elk on the south rim of the Grand Canyon 4 years ago. They wanted to stand next to and take turns having their picture taken.

After a brief exchange imitating Sargent Schutz and refusing to take their camera to act as photog I walked away shaking my head. I didn't hear of an incident, which was good but you wonder what people are thinking.
05-16-2016 10:11 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
We need a temporary hault on foreigners coming ng to our national parks "until we figure out what's going on."

Make our Bison herds great again! 04-rock
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2016 10:30 PM by Chipdip2.)
05-16-2016 10:29 PM
ESSSS Offline
All American

I Root For:
Quote:We need a temporary hault on foreigners coming ng to our national parks "until we figure out what's going on."

Make our Bison herds great again! 04-rock

LOL!!!
05-17-2016 04:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.