UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scarbinsky: Growing friction between UAB football coach Bill Clark and AD Mark Ingram
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Scarbinsky: Growing friction between UAB football coach Bill Clark and AD Mark Ingram
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/...uab_f.html

Quote:...As Athletics Director Mark Ingram reaches his one-year anniversary on the Southside - his hire was announced May 1, 2015 - multiple sources close to the program paint him as part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Those sources describe a growing friction between Ingram and a number of UAB head coaches, including head football coach Bill Clark, sparked by what they called Ingram's heavy-handed micromanagement that goes beyond a new boss running a tighter ship than the old boss.

Those sources expressed concern that Ingram may not fully support Clark, the popular coach who stayed to revive the program after President Ray Watts shut it down in December of 2014. Ingram, who's in his first stint as an athletics director, didn't hire Clark. Former AD Brian Mackin did.

The concern among some UAB supporters has reached the point that they've discussed privately how to convince the university administration that Ingram is the wrong man for the job and should be replaced...

This is what you get when you let Ray Watts win, which is what happened when he kept his job.

Fire Ray Watts.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 12:00 PM by mixduptransistor.)
04-30-2016 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Scarbinsky: Growing friction between UAB football coach Bill Clark and AD Mark Ingram
Nothing there that those in the know haven't been saying for months.
04-30-2016 12:04 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: Scarbinsky: Growing friction between UAB football coach Bill Clark and AD Mark Ingram
Was thinking this article was coming out much sooner than it did. ;-)
04-30-2016 12:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Obviously the big boosters are frustrated, but what leverage do we have with the administration that hired him? Ingram is Watts' man so I wouldn't think Watts would be too keen on dismissing Ingram.
04-30-2016 12:24 PM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
I'll make it easy for them. If Ingram continues to be obstructionist and heavy handed to the point Clark and staff can't do their jobs effectively I have no qualms about killing any future giving to ANYTHING associated with UAB. Ingram is a rookie being in charge of a dept and is making typical rookie mistakes. I'm not talking about the cluster that he walked in to with football I'm talking about just common personnel handing and booster relations. I'm on the hook for a significant amount of money to athletics and my total interaction with him has been one form letter
04-30-2016 12:32 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2016 12:04 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  Nothing there that those in the know haven't been saying for months.

That's weird, those in the know around here have been singing Ingram's praises over the past couple of weeks
04-30-2016 12:33 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Lol. I forgot. He is great. Please don't hire him away.

Yea we were singing his praises. Lol
04-30-2016 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EnviroBlazerD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB, Alabama
It's easy to praise someone for achieving great things like the Memphis home-and-home and the Texas A&M game, plus the hiring of Rob Ehsan, but if he's a complete butthead in how he's handling day-to-day activities, I guess that pretty much negates that, right?

Yes, this news brought me out of hiding! 03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 12:47 PM by EnviroBlazerD.)
04-30-2016 12:46 PM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
Let's face it. His signature accomplishment so far has been getting Memphis on the schedule. Fundraising has been accomplished by others in the dept and Hatton. Getting TAMU on the football schedule wasn't rocket science since I could go to the web and see who has dates available and when. Hiring Ehsan was a good way to avoid the a serious backlash from just about everyone and he got him for a steal compared to what he was going to have to shell out for an experienced coach.

I really really want Mark to succeed. First he has to learn to get out of his own way.
04-30-2016 01:23 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
(04-30-2016 12:15 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Was thinking this article was coming out much sooner than it did. ;-)

Usually, when these types of things happen, it's a call to arms.

It's been said Haase cited an untenable relationship with Fumbles on his way out the door as well. Not that he wasn't going to take the job at Stanford anyway, but it certainly made it easier to leave.
04-30-2016 01:31 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-30-2016 12:32 PM)biglizard Wrote:  I'll make it easy for them. If Ingram continues to be obstructionist and heavy handed to the point Clark and staff can't do their jobs effectively I have no qualms about killing any future giving to ANYTHING associated with UAB. Ingram is a rookie being in charge of a dept and is making typical rookie mistakes. I'm not talking about the cluster that he walked in to with football I'm talking about just common personnel handing and booster relations. I'm on the hook for a significant amount of money to athletics and my total interaction with him has been one form letter

And they have no qualms about killing football again when the donations dry up.

Boosters and coaches got to learn to deal with it for now.
04-30-2016 02:19 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Withholding money is not the answer. There is a reason why this came out and it is because it was needed.
04-30-2016 02:28 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
How often do we see a weakened leader (one who has barely survived numerous "No Confidence" votes) hire a strong person to a support position? Such leaders usually hire those he/she considers to be little threat to their own position. Strong leaders don't usually fear strong subordinates, but consider them as dependable allies. Weaker leaders want "Yes Men" types who make themselves appear strong.
04-30-2016 02:33 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I've seen no evidence that Watts barely survived anything. Those No confidence votes obviously had no teeth. His job has never been in jeopardy. He is not a weakened leader.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 02:38 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
04-30-2016 02:37 PM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-30-2016 02:19 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 12:32 PM)biglizard Wrote:  I'll make it easy for them. If Ingram continues to be obstructionist and heavy handed to the point Clark and staff can't do their jobs effectively I have no qualms about killing any future giving to ANYTHING associated with UAB. Ingram is a rookie being in charge of a dept and is making typical rookie mistakes. I'm not talking about the cluster that he walked in to with football I'm talking about just common personnel handing and booster relations. I'm on the hook for a significant amount of money to athletics and my total interaction with him has been one form letter

And they have no qualms about killing football again when the donations dry up.

Boosters and coaches got to learn to deal with it for now.

The giving I was referring to is not for athletics
04-30-2016 02:44 PM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
(04-30-2016 02:37 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I've seen no evidence that Watts barely survived anything. Those No confidence votes obviously had no teeth. His job has never been in jeopardy. He is not a weakened leader.

Hard to see anything from hundreds of miles away.
04-30-2016 02:46 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(04-30-2016 02:46 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 02:37 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I've seen no evidence that Watts barely survived anything. Those No confidence votes obviously had no teeth. His job has never been in jeopardy. He is not a weakened leader.

Hard to see anything from hundreds of miles away.

What the hell does that mean. It must have not been reported online about Watts almost losing his job. Don't let your wishes blind you from seeing reality.
04-30-2016 02:57 PM
GreenAndGold Offline
Water Engineer

So the man reinstates football and fundraises at levels unprecedented at UAB and is under scrutiny because HCs are unhappy. Let me give you a little hint. The HCs ran the roost under softy BM. When someone comes to actually manage the staff, they get their feelings hurt. Not only is the UAB fan base the most cynical fans on the planet, but the HCs are entitled pricks as well (Haase and Townsend the exception). 0 collaboration across that hornet's nest of a department.
04-30-2016 03:02 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

(04-30-2016 03:02 PM)GreenAndGold Wrote:  So the man reinstates football and fundraises at levels unprecedented at UAB and is under scrutiny because HCs are unhappy. Let me give you a little hint. The HCs ran the roost under softy BM. When someone comes to actually manage the staff, they get their feelings hurt. Not only is the UAB fan base the most cynical fans on the planet, but the HCs are entitled pricks as well (Haase and Townsend the exception). 0 collaboration across that hornet's nest of a department.

What man has done this? Ingram can't take credit for any of it!
04-30-2016 03:06 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

lol. Drugs are bad........... Did Frank Cuervo sign up at BT?
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 03:28 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
04-30-2016 03:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.