UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Time to motivate the BLAZERNATION.
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
Time to motivate the BLAZERNATION.
We need to show Ingram, how ever you see fit , that Eshan should be our #1 choice.

However you see Blazerphil....green & gold glasses, crackpot, assh*le, whatever, I don't care, just

Trust me when I say Eshan has got to be the choice moving forward or we will be in rebuilding mode quickly.
03-27-2016 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Time to motivate the BLAZERNATION.
There's already a pretty strong twitter campaign going on
#Blazers4Ehsan
03-27-2016 09:43 PM
TPBlaze84 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
The biggest thing that stood out to me looking at Ehsan's bio (beyond his previous experience) was that he has two degrees from two good schools, a BA in Econ and a MA in Business Admin, that's not two subjects you see on too many coach's educational histories, I like it
03-27-2016 10:17 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-27-2016 10:17 PM)TPBlaze84 Wrote:  The biggest thing that stood out to me looking at Ehsan's bio (beyond his previous experience) was that he has two degrees from two good schools, a BA in Econ and a MA in Business Admin, that's not two subjects you see on too many coach's educational histories, I like it

That is impressive.
03-27-2016 10:46 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Is there a specific reason for this, or just generalized fear that Fumbles is about to do what he does best?
03-27-2016 10:57 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Gotta let the process play out...
03-27-2016 11:03 PM
Advertisement

BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-27-2016 10:57 PM)58-56 Wrote:  Is there a specific reason for this, or just generalized fear that Fumbles is about to do what he does best?

This.., that Ingram can be counted on to be Watts' toady; he will react as though he has to personally fund the hire...plus I've got very good intel from reliable sources. And I'm not talking 3rd hand grocery store talk.

I have zero doubt that we will be in major rebuilding mode and needing this past year's schedule to get to .500 .

That's all I can give up.

Please Trust me & nudge Ingram and support the big money men.
03-27-2016 11:18 PM
BlazintheATL Offline
All American

What's the point of making cryptic posts that are scant on details if you can't divulge any real information? I see that a lot on here.
03-27-2016 11:24 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Because if you start saying too much either you endanger your source and put them in a vulnerable position or you find that your source no longer has anything to say to you. So you say what you can, try to give a little guidance, and remain a little cryptic.
03-27-2016 11:28 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-27-2016 11:24 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  What's the point of making cryptic posts that are scant on details if you can't divulge any real information? I see that a lot on here.

Please put 2 & 2 together. & please don't take this thread the direction of an examination of what I really do or don't know.

& most of what ive been told is out on Twitter now. Our team, our whole team, is solidly behind Eshan as our next coach.
And the boosters, coaches & team are all in Ingram's ear about hiring Eshan.

We need to pull in one direction right now.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2016 11:51 PM by BlazerPhil.)
03-27-2016 11:29 PM
BlazintheATL Offline
All American

(03-27-2016 11:29 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  
(03-27-2016 11:24 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  What's the point of making cryptic posts that are scant on details if you can't divulge any real information? I see that a lot on here.

Please put 2 & 2 together. & please don't take this thread the direction of an examination of what I really do or don't know.

I've been on the Ehsan bandwagon since day 1. It gets frustrating reading these posts and there's never anything concrete said about it, even after the fact.
03-27-2016 11:35 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
It's not after the fact. Even afterwards, if you say too much it can be easy to figure out what people had access to the information and start trying to find them.
03-27-2016 11:38 PM
jthrashr Offline
1st String

(03-27-2016 11:18 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  
(03-27-2016 10:57 PM)58-56 Wrote:  Is there a specific reason for this, or just generalized fear that Fumbles is about to do what he does best?

This.., that Ingram can be counted on to be Watts' toady; he will react as though he has to personally fund the hire...plus I've got very good intel from reliable sources. And I'm not talking 3rd hand grocery store talk.

I have zero doubt that we will be in major rebuilding mode and needing this past year's schedule to get to .500 .

I can't see how Ehsan would be an expensive hire.
03-28-2016 12:08 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-28-2016 12:08 AM)jthrashr Wrote:  
(03-27-2016 11:18 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  

I can't see how Ehsan would be an expensive hire.

I can completely see how Ingram may think he is already overpaying him and won't give Ehsan much of a bump.
03-28-2016 12:22 AM
Dragonz Lair Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS
(03-27-2016 11:29 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  

& most of what ive been told is out on Twitter now. Our team, our whole team, is solidly behind Eshan as our next coach.
And the boosters, coaches & team are all in Ingram's ear about hiring Eshan.

I don't think a coach should be hired simply because players want him...the core of our team will soon be gone...then what?...also, what if a coach is so much of a "players coach" that he can't turn up the heat when it's necessary (like working for a passive manager)...get the best available coach that fits your program...is that someone that's never been a head coach before?...who knows but whoever it is he better be able to recruit and then coach them up...we rarely get UNC talent so he better be able to COACH AND DEVELOP the talent we get - not just recruit...I for one do not think we should hire a coach simply to keep a few players together for 2 more seasons...if he isn't quality the team won't perform anyway...Mike Dubose was hired at UAT by FANS who could operate a fax machine and little else...hired just because he had ties to someone and the mob ruled...if Ehsan is the best available coach out there then hire him...is he being sought by any other schools?...I will support whoever gets hired...but just because a few players want him?...no way
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 08:34 AM by Dragonz Lair.)
03-28-2016 01:10 AM
ranger1386b Offline
2nd String

I want a very good coach who can recruit and who can consistently get us into the tournament, and whose character honors that of Coach Bartow. I dont care if its Ehsan or not.

Its ridiculous to paint this hire as Ehsan or fail. He may very well be our best option, but Im equally prepared to believe there are better coaches also interested.
03-28-2016 01:12 AM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
I'll let the process play out.
03-28-2016 01:13 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-28-2016 01:12 AM)ranger1386b Wrote:  I want a very good coach who can recruit and who can consistently get us into the tournament, and whose character honors that of Coach Bartow. I dont care if its Ehsan or not.

Its ridiculous to paint this hire as Ehsan or fail. He may very well be our best option, but Im equally prepared to believe there are better coaches also interested.

Agree 100%
03-28-2016 01:18 AM
BlazintheATL Offline
All American

(03-28-2016 01:18 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(03-28-2016 01:12 AM)ranger1386b Wrote:  I want a very good coach who can recruit and who can consistently get us into the tournament, and whose character honors that of Coach Bartow. I dont care if its Ehsan or not.

Agree 100%

Aye.
03-28-2016 01:24 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals

Agree. We have no idea which candidates might be interested. Rob would be a good choice but I bet he's not our only good option.
03-28-2016 05:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.