Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gossip is
Bookmark and Share
georgew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

that there was a high profile ex-head coach (not John Vaught) at the ball game Saturday watching us get beat by TTech. They did'nt say who it was or for what reason he was there.
If it is true, makes you wander if he was invited, or just curious!
Anyone else heard anything?
09-30-2003 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USMC Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbsCrappies

If you are referring to a coach of the early 90's who got us into some trouble, then, yea I heard the rumor as well. He was a modivator, that's for sure. Is that who you are referring to?
09-30-2003 01:32 PM
georgew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The name was never mentioned but it was implied someone of a more recent era from another conference. So I really have little info, I'm just trying to find out if anyone else knows anything.
09-30-2003 01:42 PM
USMC Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbsCrappies

ah, well then I haven't heard anything. However, I do know that several alumni are looking around, and say they are willing to foot the bill to get a guy like Mike Stoops in here, even if they will only stay for a couple of years to get the boat turned around.
09-30-2003 03:02 PM
georgew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Hope you're right. If this continues it will take 10 years to turn around!
Each dud will get 5 years to build a program that never materializes!
Listened to a talk show several days ago, the so-called sports caster said that the reason we ( fans ) are disappointed is because we always expect to much.
Darn right I expect better than the annual 7 wins, since we play such weak ooc games. 7 game wins would'nt be to bad if we played USC, Ok, Miami etc. All this crap does is give jerks like USM fodder for their argument of "why don't you chickens play us"?We should be 4-0 right now, if we had some defense we would be.
09-30-2003 03:37 PM
USMC Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbsCrappies

defense.....or a HC with any balls :D
09-30-2003 03:52 PM
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Some good candidates for replacement would be anybody with the last name Stoops, Charlie Strong, and Norm Chow. I can't believe I didn't think of Norm(somebody mentioned that on another forum), but he would be perfect.
09-30-2003 04:03 PM
LRRebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Chow was mentioned a good bit when Ark was replacing Danny Ford. Norm would indeed be a good one. We have GOT to find a coach of this calibre! :bang:
09-30-2003 04:09 PM
Dorothy Parker Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Richard Simmons would be better than Buttsniffe. Kermit the Frog doing the "Are You Ready" on the Jumbotron, indeed. Now, I have nothing against Kermit the Frog, as long as he stays in his place, which is NOT on the Jumbotron at Vaught-Hemingway. Sorry, guys, I know there is another thread on this point but I am too exasperated to find it.

Then again, I can see how Butts could relate to an amphibian. :girl:
09-30-2003 06:45 PM
Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Wonder if Coach Pea can shed some light on this. Whatcha know high and mighty one??
09-30-2003 09:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Rebel_Rx Wrote:Wonder if Coach Pea can shed some light on this. Whatcha know high and mighty one??
Speaking of Peanut, where is he? I figured he'd've been here jawwing like crazy after yet another Wavy Davy disaster. Well come to think of it, I guess we've pretty much covered it all.
09-30-2003 09:16 PM
Advertisement

joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Too tired from the ranting he did last year. . . 03-wink

(with good reason, might I add)
10-01-2003 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Stalin,
I know we've had our differences in the past, but I just had to compliment you on the picture you uploaded on this thread. That is fricken great, man! My sentiments exactly!
10-01-2003 12:47 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

KlutzDio I Wrote:Stalin,
I know we've had our differences in the past, but I just had to compliment you on the picture you uploaded on this thread. That is fricken great, man! My sentiments exactly!
The rapture is drawing nigh. . .::laughing::

Diogones actually agrees with me on something. 04-cheers

Well, that and the fact that Wavy Davy sucks.

Thanks, D. You ought to go check out:

<a href='http://www.obeygiant.com/index2.html' target='_blank'>Money Is Your God</a>
10-01-2003 12:51 PM
Wryword Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

JBR, you old Bolshevik, perhaps you'd prefer the ruble, or even better, the lira. Perhaps you'd rather the command economy of Europe with it high rates of taxation, poor services, and regulation of each every aspect of economic and social life.
10-01-2003 06:33 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

No, Wry, what I'd actually prefer is anarcho-syndicalism but I'd move to Canada or Iceland in a pinch:

<a href='http://www.english-vancouver.com/canada-human-development/' target='_blank'>Just an expatriate waiting to leave</a>

Why do "red-blooded" Americans always paint the bleakest picture of any other country besides the U.S., when the facts for quality of life are anything but on our side? For instance, I'd move to a country where somebody actually paid teachers more than fat cat CEO's of do-nothing corporations, for one. Or where the murder rate by handguns is less than 500 a year, not over 11,000. Or where the poverty rate is virtually nil. Or the literacy rate is taken seriously.

Japan's economy is in the toliet but everyone there has health care. Why can't the richest nation in the history of the world afford to do the same?

I'd go on but I'm sure you don't want to hear it. . .
10-02-2003 03:45 PM
Advertisement

KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Canada's cool, and they'll have legal pot before us!

Canada's evil oozes southward like maple syrup--Candadian Bacon.
10-02-2003 04:01 PM
georgew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

you're right JBR, we don't want to hear it.
But really, though we have never met I think I can ask, and you not take offense to the question.
Why is it that people want to look to the greener grass or across the fence and talk about how much better it is, but no go?
I'm not saying you should or even that I would want you to. But I've been to several foriegn countries, economic powers as well as 3rd world and have yet to find anyone of them to compare to the freedoms, economics, health care etc. that we enjoy. You make some good points yet the differences in the countries and societies are much more conplicated than to name a short list of their positives.
10-02-2003 04:06 PM
USMC Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbsCrappies

that's like those hollywood types who went over to iraq to be human shields. They'd better be glad I wasn't the Marine hitting the beach that day is all I have to say. That is bull****, and they should have never been allowed back in the US! Traitors! :mad:
10-02-2003 04:40 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Marine,
Mr. President was talking about our freedoms and how they are extensive here. They are so extensive, our freedoms that is, that if actors and hollywood glitz people want to go to Iraq to be human shields and then come back to the U.S. then they are free to do so. However inappropriate their behavior is, is beside the point, they are free to be inappropriate even if we don't like it. That is what makes America great.

We have problems in this nation, but we are enjoying more freedoms than anywhere else in the world. We are free to employ cheap mexican labor, and when they are eligible for a raise, or are an inch from getting that green card, then we are free to fire them and hire some other illegal who'll work his butt off for $3.00 an hour. Hey man, they're cheap and they don't need insurance!
10-02-2003 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.