Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Weird Senior Day Article
Bookmark and Share
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
Weird Senior Day Article
Nick Sunderland's article in today's DNR is really weird. In what should have been an article about Ron Curry and Winston Grays, it was more about 3 seniors who are not a part of JMU's program; Andre Nation, Charles Cooke and Taylor Bessick.

I'm disappointed that Curry and Grays weren't honored in the way they deserved.

Fine, feel free to do an article about the other 3, but not as part of a senior day article on those who are part of our program and not Dayton, Iona or McDonalds.

Very poor taste.
02-27-2016 08:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Weird Senior Day Article
(02-27-2016 08:22 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  Nick Sunderland's article in today's DNR is really weird. In what should have been an article about Ron Curry and Winston Grays, it was more about 3 seniors who are not a part of JMU's program; Andre Nation, Charles Cooke and Taylor Bessick.

I'm disappointed that Curry and Grays weren't honored in the way they deserved.

Fine, feel free to do an article about the other 3, but not as part of a senior day article on those who are part of our program and not Dayton, Iona or McDonalds.

Very poor taste.

Agree. The article is bizarre.
02-27-2016 08:28 AM
Dukester Online

I don't see the article on the DNRonline. Has it bee taken down?
02-27-2016 08:52 AM
Advertisement

NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
Its on the front page. Yeah I agree- probably a separate article would have been better. The where would they be stuff is really more a Brady story than about Grays and Curry.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2016 09:09 AM by NJDuke97.)
02-27-2016 09:08 AM
UofRfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Richmond
We know who would have taken the blame here if still alive....
02-27-2016 11:08 AM
Advertisement

Dukes2Space Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes
I think we all have the "What could have been" feeling on the whole situation but it's been rehashed enough over the last couple years. That's not the way it went and I agree that today isn't the day for revisionist history. Not sure how much direction Nick gets on the content of his pieces but I hope he sees this thread and mentally checks it as a lesson learned that this probably wasn't the right direction for his piece today. Overall I think he does a good job but this one was a little trip up.
02-27-2016 02:32 PM
MamaDuke Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: James Madison
(02-27-2016 11:08 AM)UofRfan Wrote:  We know who would have taken the blame here if still alive....

Well after reading that article I would say his legacy is still alive...
02-27-2016 07:22 PM
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

good content, bad timing. Let the light shine on Curry and Grays and talk about the other missing seniors some other time.
02-27-2016 09:44 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

(02-27-2016 09:44 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  good content, bad timing. Let the light shine on Curry and Grays and talk about the other missing seniors some other time.

Well, they aren't missing seniors. Two of the three are redshirt juniors at other colleges. Let their hometown newspapers do senior articles on them next year. They shouldn't have been mentioned in this article at all.
02-27-2016 09:54 PM
Advertisement

MamaDuke Offline
Water Engineer

(02-27-2016 09:54 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  
(02-27-2016 09:44 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  good content, bad timing. Let the light shine on Curry and Grays and talk about the other missing seniors some other time.

Well, they aren't missing seniors. Two of the three are redshirt juniors at other colleges. Let their hometown newspapers do senior articles on them next year. They shouldn't have been mentioned in this article at all.

I agree - they chose to leave for other schools so let other papers write about their 'Senior Day' - they are only former Dukes now.
02-27-2016 10:06 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Today's article covered what should have been covered in yesterday's article.
Nice and fitting finish to the regular season for the 2 seniors.

http://www.dnronline.com/article/jmu_wins_on_senior_day
02-28-2016 10:58 AM
Dukes2Space Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes
(02-27-2016 09:54 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  

After actually reading it, it wasn't all that bad. I think was the intent to tell the story of Curry's 4 year journey at JMU and Nation and Cooke were a part of that. It probably went too much into it and veered off in that direction a little way but at least it was interesting and told a story instead of just a generic article about it being senior day for Curry and Grays.
02-28-2016 12:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.