RE: Go Panthers!
Go Broncos! Someone had to do it.
02-07-2016 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
I see that dean is listed on the roster for four regular season games and the two games in the postseason. I don't see any stats listed (all zeros) for any of the games.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/...an-marlowe

What are our chances of seeing him out there tonight?
02-07-2016 04:13 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
(02-07-2016 04:13 PM)Potomac Wrote:  I see that dean is listed on the roster for four regular season games and the two games in the postseason. I don't see any stats listed (all zeros) for any of the games.

Just another reason to hope Panthers are way up by the 4th so hopefully he gets some plays.

Go Panthers!
02-07-2016 04:15 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Online
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
Is Dean on the active roster for todays game?

Brian
02-07-2016 04:49 PM
atljmualum Offline
All American

Go Panthers!
(02-07-2016 04:13 PM)Potomac Wrote:  I see that dean is listed on the roster for four regular season games and the two games in the postseason. I don't see any stats listed (all zeros) for any of the games.

Don't think he dressed for either playoff game. Only chance of him dressing is probably if Roman Harper is out, as he had some eye injury.
02-07-2016 04:53 PM
Advertisement

bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

Marlowe is inactive tonight unfortunately. But he still gets a ring and the bonus money if they win!
02-07-2016 05:36 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Go Panthers!
That first review that was clear as day to everyone but the officials is the difference in the game at the half. It should be 7-6 Carolina.
A very defensive game, surprisingly. The panthers kept Peyton out of the endzone in the first half. Keep that going and cam will figure it out. No help from his O line.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 08:30 PM by Potomac.)
02-07-2016 08:28 PM
Ike N. Berry Offline
2nd String

I think Denver is done. They can't have more than one or two first downs since that opening drive.

Carolina will settle down in the second half.
02-07-2016 08:42 PM
Ike N. Berry Offline
2nd String

But then again I'm wrong a lot. What a great defensive performance by the Broncos.
02-07-2016 10:39 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

Missed the game but I hear that Denver's defense was dominant. I guess Newton didn't get to do his endzone dance lol. We see it over and over-NDSU, Bama, Denver-while the flashly new age offense might sell tickets and get to to the big game, defense wins championships.
02-07-2016 11:01 PM
Advertisement

Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Go Panthers!
From an entertainment value, that is one of the worst Super Bowls I can remember.
Neither QB was a factor and both had bad games. Fumbles and interceptions galore. The team that won was the one that fumbled the least.
Denver's only offensive TD was with 3 minutes remaining on a 4 yd drive set up by a fumble after cam was too scared to fight for the fumble and just watched Denver fall on it.
Terrible officiating throughout that led to Denver's first TD on a fumble that shouldn't have occurred if they hadn't botched an obvious review earlier in the drive on a pass incomplete call.
I'm not even a panthers fan but I like to see new teams win it. It had potential to be a good game and it was nothing short of a disappointment. Even the halftime show was bad.
02-07-2016 11:33 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

It appears very few people appreciate great defense. Very happy to see Peyton go out with a win.
02-08-2016 07:37 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I hate being around any sort of social media on Super Bowl Sunday (or the day after) because all the know-nothing idiots are out in full-force "talking football". This year it's how "boring" the game was. I agree that there is little to no appreciation for the quality defense last night.
02-08-2016 07:44 AM
JMU08 Offline
1st String

(02-07-2016 11:01 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  Missed the game but I hear that Denver's defense was dominant. I guess Newton didn't get to do his endzone dance lol. We see it over and over-NDSU, Bama, Denver-while the flashly new age offense might sell tickets and get to to the big game, defense wins championships.

College teams that run the "flashy new age offense" don't run it because they want to, they do it because they have to, to be competitive. I can't remember if it was Charlie Weis or Chip Kelly, but it was said USC's great teams under Carrol were extremely simple, even for the pro-style offense, they just had that much better talent than their opponents. I believe the same can be said for NDSU and Bama. They'd win no matter what offense they ran.
02-08-2016 08:16 AM
DoubleDogDare Offline
All American

I'm not going to call the game "boring" but it wasn't an exciting game. Not because it was it was defensive, but because they were a lack of exciting plays. There were 4 or so defensive plays that were exciting but I don't remember a single exciting offensive play. Even most of the turnovers were relatively unexciting plays with a bunch of fatties falling on a QB fumble. The one big special team play was more "WTF" than exciting. Cam and Manning combined for only 31 completions but there were 15 punts! Several coming off a run play on third and long. Throw in 5 FG attempts and only two TDs and the explosive, highlight worthy plays were pretty much nonexistent. The ESPN home page recap (2:45 minutes) has one play each from the first three quarters and four from the 4th. I don't know my threshold of exciting plays to make an exciting game but bottom line is if it was a regular season game, I would have turned the channel.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 09:37 AM by DoubleDogDare.)
02-08-2016 09:10 AM
Advertisement

jmu-fan-1981 Offline
1st String

Go Panthers!
Cam is getting killed for his one word press conference answers... Sound familiar? EW is a coach too.. Glad to be rid of Withers
02-08-2016 09:16 AM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
Defenses played very well but there were a number of dropped passes and horrible passes (mostly on Carolina for both). Just look at the first Carolina play from scrimmage - Cam rocketed the ball at 100 mph over his wide open receiver's head. He had a number of other passes like that as well. Manning's interception, while a nice 1 handed catch, was not a well thrown pass at all. Defenses stepped up and offenses stepped down big time.
02-08-2016 09:37 AM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2016 09:10 AM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  I'm not going to call the game "boring" but it wasn't an exciting game. Not because it was it was defensive, but because they were a lack of exciting plays. There were 4 or so defensive plays that were exciting but I don't remember a single exciting offensive play. Even most of the turnovers were relatively unexciting plays with a bunch of fatties falling on a QB fumble. The one big special team play was more "WTF" than exciting. Cam and Manning combined for only 31 completions but there were 15 punts! Several coming off a run play on third and long. Throw in 5 FG attempts and only two TDs and the explosive, highlight worthy plays were pretty much nonexistent. The ESPN home page recap (2:45 minutes) has one play each from the first three quarters and four from the 4th. All of them on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know my threshold of exciting plays to make an exciting game but bottom line is if it was a regular season game, I would have turned the channel.

Longest punt return in Super Bowl history (61 yards) wasn't exciting? 05-nono I'll grant you that there were few offensive plays worth mentioning (I can only recall there were 3 plays combined that went for over 30 yards) but that's the nature of defensive battles. Maybe if the field was sloppy muddy, or the game was played in sub-zero temps, the game would have more of the "ambienance" of a classic.
02-08-2016 09:39 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2016 09:37 AM)tribe_pride Wrote:  Defenses played very well but there were a number of dropped passes and horrible passes (mostly on Carolina for both). Just look at the first Carolina play from scrimmage - Cam rocketed the ball at 100 mph over his wide open receiver's head. He had a number of other passes like that as well. Manning's interception, while a nice 1 handed catch, was not a well thrown pass at all. Defenses stepped up and offenses stepped down big time.

I don't believe you can place any blame on Carolina's loss on their receiving corps. Cam was totally off during the first half. He got better the second, but I don't remember anything that I would consider a dropped pass. Technically, you could call the one reviewed a dropped pass, but we all know that was a catch. I don't know what the replay official was looking at, but that was a catch.

Yes, a few times they got their hands on the ball and didn't make the catch, but they didn't just out-in-out drop a ball. Even that one screen to the left side was not a good throw at all. There was that nice catch down the middle where the receiver jumped 25' in the air to come down with the ball.

I don't know where Cam was last night but it wasn't in Santa Clara, CA. He would trot on the field and before the first snap of a series, he was gassed. Then at the end of the game fumble, he turned into a total pansy.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 09:51 AM by BleedingPurple.)
02-08-2016 09:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.