No, make it two more.....AND HUMILIATE 03-nutkick
02-06-2016 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: Hofstra #2
Rokas Gustys is the key. Stop him and we win. Need a big game from Sean and Jack

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
02-06-2016 07:13 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
Disagree. We held our own against him last time and let others kill us. I'd rather let him get his 20 and 10 and shut down the rest of them. Also, if Sean plays like today against him he will have to play hard on both ends and give some fouls. That's what killed us last time. He didn't need to play hard on defense.
02-06-2016 07:37 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

He went 18 and 11 and held all three of our big men to 5 and 5. Hofstra absolutely dominated the paint on both ends. I'd rather make them take their shots outside.

02-06-2016 09:18 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
They all scored from inside and outside last time. 45 points in 15 minutes come from everywhere. Hopefully, we haven't forgotten and will play inspired D like we have the last 2 home games. Our fans definitely seem to help the intensity. We have to keep pace with UNCW which means we have to win both games next week.
02-06-2016 09:24 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Hofstra #2
Use your deep bench to wear them down.
02-06-2016 09:56 PM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

Re: RE: Hofstra #2
(02-06-2016 09:56 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  Use your deep bench to wear them down.

Yea, we tried that last time and they flat worked us over in the 2nd half. That won't happen again if we play our game. Playing at home should help as we tend to settle down and tighten up on D at in the Hall.

If Sheldon plays like he did today, we'll win by 10+.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016 10:18 PM by Tribal.)
02-06-2016 10:15 PM
wmmii Offline
1st String

Think Shaver should give Seacat some minutes as he will match up well Gustys and allow us more fouls to give plus wear him down more. Sean had a great game tonight and hope he keeps up the momentum! If we an to be conference champs, this is probably a must win game....
02-06-2016 11:01 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
Our top priority should be to get 2 quick fouls on Gustys. Our defense was awful against Hofstra because we went to double Gustys when he got it down low and then he kicked it out to a wide open shooter and they didn't miss
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016 11:21 PM by WMtribe17.)
02-06-2016 11:15 PM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
Hofstra #2
(02-06-2016 07:13 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  Rokas Gustys is the key. Stop him and we win. Need a big game from Sean and Jack

That's like asking for a big game from Mutt and Jeff!
02-06-2016 11:41 PM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

I think the key is going at Green when we're on offense. In our game up there, he sat on the wing in the 1-3-1 and rested on defense. We need to be crashing the boards from his side and we need to be making him work on defense. I'd also like to see a nominal man press to make him use a little energy bringing the ball up the court. I don't think anyone's ever seen him tired in the final 5 minutes because he bides his time the rest of the game.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 08:08 AM by WMInTheBurg.)
02-07-2016 08:08 AM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

If we keep up our fast transition play, HU will foul. Their big boy in the middle is too slow to run with Sheldon.
02-07-2016 08:41 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
Press and create a high turnover on offense and defense. UNCW was noticeably taking the first open shot on offense in the 2nd. half, purposely trying to keep Hofstra from settling into a zone defense where they could essentially rest. It took until about 12 minutes left in the game for the wearing down to take affect, but when it did they were toast. You could see their inability to get back on defense, and they were just happy to get across half court when we pressed. They were worn out.
02-07-2016 11:33 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

The scary part about 82Hawk's post is even with all that being true, it took a last second basket by Ingram to win the game. The next three games are the toughest stretch of the season. I know our guys are capable and it will take everyone playing well together to win. I think Coach Shaver has found the key though. It each of our earlier losses to those teams, it was the defense that was not up to the task. Too many offensive rebounds and way too many uncontested threes. I think Tarpey and Sheldon will have to lead the defensive effort and on the glass.
02-07-2016 12:27 PM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

Let's hope that JMU wears them out today, good day for some running.
02-07-2016 01:29 PM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

....and pulling for enough northeast snow Tues/Wed to require a little 9 hour bus ride from LI to the 'burg!
02-07-2016 02:05 PM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

Hofstra is not looking good so far today.
02-07-2016 03:29 PM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

Hope they don't look that bad against us.......Having their way with JMU.

Think we have to challenge/leave Sean, Jack and Hunter to limit Gusty's production inside and stay focused on their shooters outside the arc. No collapsing. Pushing the defensive pressure out to halfcourt will, also, disrupt that inside/outside cat and mouse game. Always comes down to who asserts their gameplan/will for 40 minutes.
02-07-2016 03:59 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
(02-07-2016 12:27 PM)TribePride91 Wrote:  The scary part about 82Hawk's post is even with all that being true, it took a last second basket by Ingram to win the game. The next three games are the toughest stretch of the season. I know our guys are capable and it will take everyone playing well together to win. I think Coach Shaver has found the key though. It each of our earlier losses to those teams, it was the defense that was not up to the task. Too many offensive rebounds and way too many uncontested threes. I think Tarpey and Sheldon will have to lead the defensive effort and on the glass.

We shot incredibly bad in the 1st half. We're one of the best shooting teams in the CAA(along with the Tribe). If we'd have hit even 30%, we'd have had a lead at the half, instead of down 12.
02-07-2016 04:03 PM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

JMU on a tear to start the second half. Now up by 4.
02-07-2016 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.