Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tulane football
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

I was reading some of the comments posted on the YOGWF about Tulane being forcast to appear in the New Orleans Bowl and I realized that some Tulane fans don't pay much attention to what Tulane or CUSA has been saying. It is obvious to me that if Tulane does not qualify for a BCS Bowl or the Liberty Bowl, but are bowl bound, regardless of their record they will be in the NO Bowl. Yes, even if their record is 12-1.
07-11-2005 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wavebacker Offline
All American

I Root For: Toolane.....

Observer Wrote:I was reading some of the comments posted on the YOGWF about Tulane being forcast to appear in the New Orleans Bowl and I realized that some Tulane fans don't pay much attention to what Tulane or CUSA has been saying.  It is obvious to me that if Tulane does not qualify for a BCS Bowl or the Liberty Bowl, but are bowl bound, regardless of their record they will be in the NO Bowl. Yes, even if their record is 12-1.
New Orleans Bowl is better than no Bowl at all.
07-12-2005 09:06 PM
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

I think Tulane fans would find the NO Bowl to be a very good experience, and it would certainly help the NO Bowl. And that would be good for the entire CUSA.
07-13-2005 09:11 AM
Advertisement

Wavebacker Offline
All American

I Root For: Toolane.....

If we were to go to the N.O. Bowl, I would expect attendance around 44K, something like what the games vs Southern drew. That would make for a good bowl. It might be best for the Bowl if someone other than N. Texas went for a change.
07-13-2005 06:46 PM
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

There attendence would be a lot higher if they played on campus.
07-16-2005 12:05 PM
Advertisement

Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

I doubt it. I think the attendance would be much higher if Tulane played in an open air stadium with adequate parking and tailgating areas, based in Jefferson Parish.
07-16-2005 09:38 PM
GreenMenace Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Back to the N.O. Bowl. I presonally think a TU/UL Laf game would be huge for the city and the bowl. I'm a little tired on N. Tex, too and some local flavor would generate a lot of interest.
07-18-2005 10:20 AM
Advertisement

tufinal4 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I think the N.O. Bowl would definitely lobby hard for that as well, Observer, because they need the attendance, but for our team, they would rather travel and get rewarded. Also, like what happened for Hawaii Bowl in 2002, if our going to the N.O. Bowl would causeother teams in our conference to get rematched with regular season opponents, then we'll go somewhere else. It is by no means a lock. Finally, the new revenue sharing agreement for CUSA provides a solid payment to cover bowl travel costs, thus eliminating Tulane's desire to bowl in N.O. to save travel costs.
08-09-2005 06:13 PM
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

You make some valid points, but recurring matchups are improbable, and the NO Bowl would not be the only bowl that could relieve that strain. The idea of Tulane going to the New Orleans Bowl is not only to save travel costs, but to help keep the bowl viable. Its success is a vital issue for CUSA. Besides, according to players who have made it to the New Orleans Bowl, the treatment of the teams, the outside events, are some of the best in the country. Besides, I think it would be great for Tulane to be in the bowl parade down Bourbon St.
08-09-2005 07:19 PM
Advertisement

David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Bowls are the last thing on their minds right now. They just want to be playing football.
09-03-2005 10:42 AM
True Tulane baseball fan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Playing football that is what the doctor ordered, to thier minds off things after what happened two weeks ago. Our hearts goes out to the players and coaches that they are doing there best week in and week out and they are doing there part to rebuild New Orleans and to rebuild TU. athletics. 04-cheers
09-14-2005 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.