Lets sell out the Jack
Bookmark and Share
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
MyBB Lets sell out the Jack
For our game with the woofs
01-30-2016 10:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Lets sell out the Jack
(01-30-2016 10:35 PM)Robert C Wrote:  For our game with the woofs

Next Saturday night we honor the 85-86 NCAA team. At least, 12 players have confirmed they will be there to be inducted in the Hall of Fame and get rings. It will bring out the old folks. Have to be close to 40 to have any memories of that team. I do think the Woofs are the best chance for a sell-out, even though they lost again tonight. UTA has pretty much fallen apart since they lost their best player. It will be us and ULL with the double-bye.
01-31-2016 12:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(01-31-2016 12:46 AM)mjs Wrote:  

Next Saturday night we honor the 85-86 NCAA team. At least, 12 players have confirmed they will be there to be inducted in the Hall of Fame and get rings. It will bring out the old folks. Have to be close to 40 to have any memories of that team. I do think the Woofs are the best chance for a sell-out, even though they lost again tonight. UTA has pretty much fallen apart since they lost their best player. It will be us and ULL with the double-bye.

Do you know who will attend from the team? Newell too?
01-31-2016 01:30 AM
GregH Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Little Rock
There was talk last night in the press conference that yesterday's game was very close to a sell out. It may very well happen next weekend.

Of course a sell out and having every seat filled are two different things. We need to drive season ticket holders to fill their seats so the leather seats do not look quite as empty.
01-31-2016 10:46 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Put some people replicas in them.
01-31-2016 10:49 AM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2016 10:46 AM)GregH Wrote:  There was talk last night in the press conference that yesterday's game was very close to a sell out. It may very well happen next weekend.

Of course a sell out and having every seat filled are two different things. We need to drive season ticket holders to fill their seats so the leather seats do not look quite as empty.

I wonder if Chase could institute some sort of turn back program with those season tickets? Some sort of system where the box office could sell those seats if the season ticket holder wasn't going to use them. It's the logistics that are tricky here. Anybody got ideas along these lines that could be passed on to Chase?
01-31-2016 11:02 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-31-2016 01:30 AM)PTJR Wrote:  

Mike will do a video presentation (he does have a team to coach). Don't know the specifics on players.
01-31-2016 11:42 AM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2016 11:42 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(01-31-2016 01:30 AM)PTJR Wrote:  

Mike will do a video presentation (he does have a team to coach). Don't know the specifics on players.

Please remind me again where Mike is coaching. Thanks!
01-31-2016 11:45 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I believe it's Dillard University or College or whatever.
01-31-2016 12:46 PM
Advertisement

Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I would like to be there next Sat but work and home are in the way:(
01-31-2016 01:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-31-2016 01:11 PM)Robert C Wrote:  I would like to be there next Sat but work and home are in the way:(

You need to get your priorities straight. You know. Trojans, family, God. Or is it God, Trojans, families? Or families, Trojans, God? I don't know. All I know is that we all need to be at the Trojans games!04-cheers
01-31-2016 01:21 PM
GregH Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Little Rock
(01-31-2016 11:02 AM)PTJR Wrote:  I wonder if Chase could institute some sort of turn back program with those season tickets? Some sort of system where the box office could sell those seats if the season ticket holder wasn't going to use them. It's the logistics that are tricky here. Anybody got ideas along these lines that could be passed on to Chase?

I'll ask him about it next time we visit. I am not sure if it is anything the university can implement or not.

When tickets get more scarce I think you will see a bigger move to sell tickets on places like Stubhub. When you can just walk up and grab tickets there is no incentive for a season ticket holder to post on a resell site because no one is going to buy it. Currently there are 0 tickets for sell on Stubhub for the remaining games. http://www.stubhub.com/arkansas-little-r...er/474698/

It would be great if season holders could sell. I would even be glad to host and promote for available tickets for no charge just to fill up the leathers.
01-31-2016 05:54 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2016 05:54 PM)GregH Wrote:  
(01-31-2016 11:02 AM)PTJR Wrote:  I wonder if Chase could institute some sort of turn back program with those season tickets? Some sort of system where the box office could sell those seats if the season ticket holder wasn't going to use them. It's the logistics that are tricky here. Anybody got ideas along these lines that could be passed on to Chase?

I'll ask him about it next time we visit. I am not sure if it is anything the university can implement or not.

When tickets get more scarce I think you will see a bigger move to sell tickets on places like Stubhub. When you can just walk up and grab tickets there is no incentive for a season ticket holder to post on a resell site because no one is going to buy it. Currently there are 0 tickets for sell on Stubhub for the remaining games. http://www.stubhub.com/arkansas-little-r...er/474698/

It would be great if season holders could sell. I would even be glad to host and promote for available tickets for no charge just to fill up the leathers.

I was thinking more along the lines of identifying those season ticket holders who aren't attending games and asking if their tickets could be held at will call for whomever the season ticket holder identified for use for any particular game. If no one is ID'd by the season ticket holder by an hour or so before tipoff, then the tickets could be turned over to the box office for same day sale to the game. Win win for the program, and if the season ticket holder isn't using them anyway, why not? Maybe a system could be created to keep track of these types of sales and a tax deductible receipt could be provided to the season ticket holder.
01-31-2016 06:30 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

On at least one occasion this season I had an extra ticket, and took it down to the box office for them to sell. I don't know if they did, but they had the opportunity. I realize what you're saying is somewhat different, but if you go to the game with extra tickets you could allow the box office to sell them if possible.
01-31-2016 06:34 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2016 06:34 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  On at least one occasion this season I had an extra ticket, and took it down to the box office for them to sell. I don't know if they did, but they had the opportunity. I realize what you're saying is somewhat different, but if you go to the game with extra tickets you could allow the box office to sell them if possible.

Most season ticket holders don't have the time or motivation to take their tickets to the box office. If this system is going to work, the burden on the season ticket holder must be minimal.
01-31-2016 07:13 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Some people are too lazy to put trash in a container a few feet away from them. But our ticket holders could be motivated to do that if needed. But you're right. The less effort required, the better results, in most cases.
01-31-2016 08:52 PM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

This is 2016. We shouldn't have to use printed tickets that have to be schlepped to the box office. Not using a "ticket" ? just send a text and bam they are available for someone else.
01-31-2016 09:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.