Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How much is Chris Beard (Little Rock) making?
Bookmark and Share
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
ECU may be looking for a coach soon and from what I've seen of Chris Beard I like the guy but I can't find any figures for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
01-19-2016 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: How much is Chris Beard (Little Rock) making?
(01-19-2016 11:31 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  ECU may be looking for a coach soon and from what I've seen of Chris Beard I like the guy but I can't find any figures for him.

Unless the Trojans have someone really paying a healthy portion of his salary, my guess is not much.
01-19-2016 11:43 AM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
$230k Base

http://media.arkansasonline.com/news/doc...t_copy.pdf

Buyouts:
$200k if prior to April 2016
$150k if prior to Aprill 2017
$50k if prior to April 2018

Also requires a 2 year home and home series with new employer is D1 basketball school. Interesting stuff!
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016 11:50 AM by boroeagle2.)
01-19-2016 11:46 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(01-19-2016 11:46 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  $230k Base

Buyouts:

Also requires a 2 year home and home series with new employer is D1 basketball school. Interesting stuff!

His max is only around $400k?!?!?! Since we are paying Lebo around a million now and don't have to pay Ruff as much since he got hired elsewhere he's a viable candidate. Not to mention the H&H clause.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016 11:54 AM by PurpleReigns.)
01-19-2016 11:53 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-19-2016 11:53 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  

Buyouts:

His max is only around $400k?!?!?! Since we are paying Lebo around a million now and don't have to pay Ruff as much since he got hired elsewhere he's a viable candidate. Not to mention the H&H clause.

Arkansas has very archaic laws when it deals with this stuff. State Law says Beard can only be paid up to 160K out of public funds. That means anything Little Rock pays him has to be out of private donations, and as a small non football school, they don't have the donor base to match what is needed.
01-19-2016 12:09 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(01-19-2016 12:09 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(01-19-2016 11:53 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  

Buyouts:

Arkansas has very archaic laws when it deals with this stuff. State Law says Beard can only be paid up to 160K out of public funds. That means anything Little Rock pays him has to be out of private donations, and as a small non football school, they don't have the donor base to match what is needed.

Jeez well at least he's making noise where he may see job offers within the year 16 months.

01-19-2016 12:44 PM
Advertisement

eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
You can't have him.
01-19-2016 10:21 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(01-19-2016 10:21 PM)eh9198 Wrote:  You can't have him.
We can offer 4x his base salery if not more. You don't really have a say if we wanted him and he wanted to coach for us.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
01-19-2016 10:42 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Beard gets 230k from the State and his total salary is $309k.
01-19-2016 11:30 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-19-2016 11:30 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  Beard gets 230k from the State and his total salary is $309k.

Did the state max salary go up recently?
01-19-2016 11:37 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

Apparently. I found it the other day.
01-19-2016 11:47 PM
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

01-19-2016 11:49 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

Still peanuts compared to what other teams can offer if they really wanted him. I would love to have him at ECU but since this is only his first year at LR it may not come to fruition. How is his relationship with the students/community/fanbase/media and is he passionate?
01-20-2016 10:10 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-20-2016 10:10 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Still peanuts compared to what other teams can offer if they really wanted him. I would love to have him at ECU but since this is only his first year at LR it may not come to fruition. How is his relationship with the students/community/fanbase/media and is he passionate?

Little Rock is currently having a spat with the state's largest paper because they refuse to call them Little Rock and continue to use UALR. (Wild guess is the University of Arkansas is insisting this)

As for student relations, he bought and paid for a charter bus out of his own pocket to transport students to games at Central Arkansas and Arkansas State free of charge, so he certainly does well in that regard. He's also personally bought tickets for first time fans interested in attending a game.

Trojan fans love him.
01-20-2016 10:24 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
ECU needs to fire Lebo and go hard at Brad Underwood and Chris Beard...
01-20-2016 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(01-20-2016 10:24 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(01-20-2016 10:10 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Still peanuts compared to what other teams can offer if they really wanted him. I would love to have him at ECU but since this is only his first year at LR it may not come to fruition. How is his relationship with the students/community/fanbase/media and is he passionate?

Little Rock is currently having a spat with the state's largest paper because they refuse to call them Little Rock and continue to use UALR. (Wild guess is the University of Arkansas is insisting this)

As for student relations, he bought and paid for a charter bus out of his own pocket to transport students to games at Central Arkansas and Arkansas State free of charge, so he certainly does well in that regard. He's also personally bought tickets for first time fans interested in attending a game.

Trojan fans love him.

That's good to hear! Lebo hasn't done any of that...

01-20-2016 02:17 PM
Advertisement

SENOREIDA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
I really don't see ECU as a destination hire for anyone. I'm sorry, there is just no basketball history there. If we are talking football or baseball, it would be a completely different story.

Little Rock in my opinion is a better job, easier to recruit for and in a market that can support its basketball team. Not a whole lot can happen for ECU when you have to compete against every NC school, that already has a better history.
01-20-2016 02:24 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(01-20-2016 02:24 PM)SENOREIDA Wrote:  I really don't see ECU as a destination hire for anyone. I'm sorry, there is just no basketball history there. If we are talking football or baseball, it would be a completely different story.

Little Rock in my opinion is a better job, easier to recruit for and in a market that can support its basketball team. Not a whole lot can happen for ECU when you have to compete against every NC school, that already has a better history.

Never said we were a destination hire, but he does seem to enjoy going to rebuilding situations. Our conference, tv deal, and the fact we are in a recruiting hotbed makes us attractive. Also we will come out for competitive teams and if he can do at ECU what he's done at every other stop he would be seeing packed houses by the end of the first season or close to it.

I feel like he prefers creating history as opposed to having history he has pressure from fans to meet. It's a pipe dream if we do the search this season just from the fact he's in year one and if we have the funds to make it happen. However as an ECU fan, he's my top choice based on his history of turning around teams very quickly. We have the talent, our coach is the issue.

01-20-2016 02:39 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-20-2016 02:24 PM)SENOREIDA Wrote:  I really don't see ECU as a destination hire for anyone. I'm sorry, there is just no basketball history there. If we are talking football or baseball, it would be a completely different story.

Oh I agree. Little Rock already beat ECU this year, but they can still pay a lot more than the Trojans can, and they have a chance to play UConn regularly. Sometimes, money talks.

I do know that if Beard did leave Little Rock, Instate press would have a field day. Several local reporters there were heavily against the hiring of Beard, believing that the Trojans should have hired someone from Arkansas. Him leaving would be seen as proof that hiring out of state guys doesn't work in Arkansas.

Of course, AState is almost certain to hire an out of state guy in a couple months to replace Brady, but we're the oddballs of the state, so no one bothers us with it.
01-20-2016 02:41 PM
MissouriStateBears Offline
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
Beard would look good coaching in Springfield. Just move on up 65.
01-20-2016 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.