Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Women's Basketball Thread
Bookmark and Share
J.B. Offline

I Root For: Drexel
Women's Basketball Thread
After a disappointing start to the season with a really tough OOC schedule, the Lady Dragons opened up the CAA season with a nice 66-54 win over COC.

Rachel Pearson scored 28 points and tied the Drexel WBB record with 8 3 pointers. Drexel as a team nailed 15 3 pointers and attended 61% of their total shots from 3 point range. Drexel was 15 for 35 from beyond the arc. Interesting, that there was a trivia question during the game that stated that Drexel broke their school record by attempting 37 3-point shots 2 years ago in a game against COC also.
01-03-2016 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

RE: Women's Basketball Thread
Very nice win for the Dragons at WM today after that brutal OT loss at home to Northeastern on Friday. Sarah Curran had a career high 30 points.
01-10-2016 03:51 PM
J.B. Offline

Dragons played as perfect a game as a team can play on Sunday afternoon against Elon, with a convincing 74-31 blowout. I was actually shocked by what happened, after I watched Elon almost knock off JMU at home last Sunday.

Rachel Pearson scored the 1st 2 points of the game to reach 1,000 for hear career.

This was the largest conference margin of victory ever for the Drexel WBB program.
01-18-2016 12:19 PM
J.B. Offline

Their tough OOC schedule looks like it's starting to payoff..
Dragons have now won 4 in a row..starting off with a blowout at home against a good Elon team, followed by 3 really hard fought close wins against Delaware, Northeastern, and previously 1st place Hofstra. Drexel is now in 2nd place in the CAA and holds a tiebreaker over Hofstra, and are just 1/2 game behind JMU.

Huge game tomorrow night against Delaware. A win would mean a sweep of the season series over UD, and it would make it tougher for them to finish ahead of Drexel in the standings. Hopefully there will be a good turnout for a TV game on Homecoming. Sunday night's game will be shown live on CSN Philly as part of an ASN telecast.
01-30-2016 11:11 AM
J.B. Offline

Great win tonight for Drexel. Dragons hold off Delaware 47-43 at the DAC. They sweep the season series with Delaware and are now 7-2, in 2nd place in the CAA, just 1/2 game behind JMU.
01-31-2016 10:32 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

Too bad Denise isn't coaching the Men's team... Pretty sure the men wouldn't be this painful to watch at this point.

Not to jinx it but the 2/12 game could be very exciting 9-2 Dragons vs 9-1 Dukes at home!
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2016 11:15 PM by Dragon For Life.)
01-31-2016 11:11 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2016 11:11 PM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  Too bad Denise isn't coaching the Men's team... Pretty sure the men wouldn't be this painful to watch at this point.

Not to jinx it but the 2/12 game could be very exciting 9-2 Dragons vs 9-1 Dukes at home!
It is not jinxing us, they beat us badly the first time we played. JMU has always been the toughest team for us to beat and as long as they are one of the best, we will continue to have those feuds. We have a good team this year, but beating JMU will be a struggle.
02-01-2016 10:11 AM
J.B. Offline

Dragons take over sole possession of 2nd place tonight with a big 71-57 win on the road at UNCW and win their 6th in a row. The Dub only dressed 6 players tonight, but Drexel only played 7 due to Jess Pellechio getting injured at practice this week. It was too close for comfort toward the end as Drexel could not pull away. Seahawks trailed by 3 with less than 2 minutes to go (60-57), but Drexel finished them off with an 11-0 run. Sarah Curran was just money in the 2nd half hitting one big shot after another to help seal the win.
02-05-2016 10:28 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

With JMU continuing to roll our games upcoming including Hofstra will be huge in determining who finishes 2nd behind JMU. Just have to keep winning.
02-06-2016 08:20 AM
J.B. Offline

Really tough loss for Drexel today, on a foul of a 3 point shot with less than 1 second left. Terrible shooting game. And as good as Sarah Curran was on Friday, she had an equally terrible shooting game today. This should push Drexel back to 3rd place in the CAA.
02-07-2016 03:50 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

They play JMU this week maybe they will learn from this tough loss and provide a shock.
02-08-2016 11:58 AM
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

2 of their 3 CAA losses came on freaky fouls at the end that should never have happened against opponents who they should have beaten. Drexel ran their offense well yesterday but the shooting was horrible. No reason why they should have been in a position for the game to be that close.

Now they have to run the table for any chance to finish 1st. 3rd place is more likely for them.
02-08-2016 12:12 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

2nd or 3rd doesn't really matter as the winner would have to play JMU ( assuming no upset)
02-09-2016 08:56 AM
GoJMUDukes Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
(02-09-2016 08:56 AM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  2nd or 3rd doesn't really matter as the winner would have to play JMU ( assuming no upset)

The advantage to being 2nd rather than 3rd is getting to play a team that played the play-in-game the day before.
02-09-2016 09:21 AM
J.B. Offline

Just when you think you've seen it all, there's something new in sports. Drexel was awful in the first half yesterday at Elon scoring just 13 points in the entire half and trailing by 12. Then they dominate the 3rd quarter and score the first 23 points of the quarter, and outscore Elon 23-2 in 3Q. Elon tried to make a run in the 4th quarter, but was poor with their 3 point shooting and Drexel held on for the 7 point win.

Hofstra lost at Delaware, so Drexel is in sole possession of 2nd place and can clinch 2nd place with a win on Friday at Hofstra. Even if Drexel loses on Friday, they would still hold the tiebreaker over Hofstra by sweeping both Elon and Delaware, who look to be the 4 and 5 seeds. Drexel finishes up the season with 2 very winnable games against WM and Towson, so a win on Friday or wins in their last 2 would seal the 2 seed.
02-22-2016 08:11 AM
J.B. Offline

Dragons shot poorly on Friday against a tough Hofstra defense and fell to the Pride 61-54. Drexel and Hofstra are now tied for 2nd, but Drexel holds the tiebreaker due to sweeps over both Elon and Delaware. Drexel can clinch 2nd place with wins in their last two games against W&M and at Towson, or with 1 win and 1 Hofstra loss.
02-27-2016 08:14 AM
Advertisement

J.B. Offline

Dragons got off to a very tough shooting start on Sunday against William and Mary, as they may have been affected by the Senior Day festivities. They trailed 20-7 in the 1st quarter, slowly worked their way back in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, and dominated in the 4th quarter in route to a convincing win. Dragons need to beat last place Towson on the road on Wednesday to clinch the #2 seed.
02-29-2016 08:00 AM
J.B. Offline

Dragons head down to Towson for their final game in a game that they needed to win to clinch the #2, they fought Towson to the wire for a tight 74-33 win. The game was over in the 2nd quarter, so Drexel's backups got a lot of playing time.

Last year, Drexel had tons of injuries down the stretch and hobbled into the CAA Tournament as a 2 seed and got upset by Delaware and lost to Hampton in the WNIT. Hopefully this year will be a different story as this team is pretty healthy. Hopefully they can make a strong run to win a CAA Championship. If not, they'll be in the WNIT again, and maybe we can see something close to what we saw in 2013.
03-02-2016 08:55 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

It is nice to see them finish strong, for sure. Problem I see is I really dont think we can beat JMU. Hofstra is good, but I know we can beat them on any given day, JMU I am not so sure about. I think JMU will win it but both us and Hofstra will make the WNIT and both will likely have a home game.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 01:16 PM by dan10.)
03-03-2016 07:23 AM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

I think Drexel is the only team that can beat JMU. I hope Drexel wins but realistically it will probably be JMU.
03-03-2016 09:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.