Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CSNBBS - Weight Loss League Interest Thread
niusfactuary Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU,Cubs,Bears

DonatorsSurvivor Runner-up
CSNBBS - Weight Loss League Interest Thread
Hey all,

In the spring of last year, I ran the biggest loser contest here on CSNBBS. We had 22 participants for the 12 week contest, and overall we lost over 300 pounds! There was interest in another competition, so I'm back, and this time trying a different format! What better time than the beginning of the year to start? While I'm not intending to start immediately in 2016, I'm thinking of starting a 2-3 weeks into the year, after everybody's resolutions start getting a little more difficult.

Last time we ran 2 separate but simultaneous contests, one where the person losing the least was eliminated each week, and one where we tracked the overall weight loss for the 12 weeks. While I enjoyed some parts of that contest (the weekly weigh-ins, using % of body weight lost), I think other parts can be improved upon.

So when I started preparing for my fantasy football league this year, I thought to myself...why couldn't this format be used for a weight loss contest? Head-to-head weekly competitions over the course of the season, with a playoff bracket at the end.

If you're interested, and have any suggestions for rules/length of season/etc. or have questions for me, please post in this thread. I'm hoping to get it started around mid January!

Thanks!

Interest List so far:
niusfactuary
Lucy
GrayBeard
I45owl
chess
gdunn
seniorowl
HeartOfDixie
MemTigerFan
HuskieJohn
MrSaturdayMorning
djnva
Eagle4Christ
JMUDunk
georgia_tech_swagger
Almadenmike
BlazerMatt
CaryNCDuke
MU ATO
ClairtonPanther
JOwl
TomorrowHerd
jptmemphis
boroeagle2
BluueTiger
IAH
Rocketdamus
firmbizzle
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2016 10:39 AM by niusfactuary.)
12-30-2015 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies
RE: CSNBBS - Weight Loss League Interest Thread
Count me in! This competition helped me at the beginning of my weight loss journey in 2015 and the positive reinforcement from all of you helped make it enjoyable and sustainable. I've kept up the dietary lifestyle changes & have joined a gym - I'm even becoming that person who has FUN working out! 04-jawdrop

My end goal is in sight & achievable in 2016 - let's do this!!
12-30-2015 11:55 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
I'll play...although I'm only looking to drop about 15-20 pounds.
12-30-2015 01:59 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
I'll be in as well. I got within 3-4 pounds of my goal a year ago, only to backtrack another 10 pounds or so.
12-30-2015 02:15 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
I wish to lose 25 lbs this year.
12-30-2015 09:44 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
I'm in

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
12-30-2015 10:10 PM
Advertisement

seniorowl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice and Navy
I was 223 three years ago, got down to 183 in the best shape of my life. Have put about 23 lbs back on. Goal is 183 again. Count me in.
12-31-2015 11:35 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Hell, I'm in. I need to lose 10lbs.
12-31-2015 12:46 PM
MemTigerFan Offline
The People's Photographer

I Root For: Tigers!

Donators
I'm in again! Didn't fare so hot last time, and need to get my butt in gear better this time!
01-01-2016 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
djnva Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
I'm in...
01-04-2016 11:53 AM
Eagle4Christ Offline
Thread killer

I Root For: Memphis
Sure, why not! Let's do it.
01-04-2016 05:18 PM
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
This might help:

Ditch the diet: Try this taco cleanse
3:59 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2016 | Filed in: Nation
by: Eric Webb, Austin American-Statesman

AUSTIN — Flush that carrot juice down the toilet and blanket your hands with the comforting warmth of tortillas. It’s 2016, and there’s a delicious new detox on the cookbook shelf.

According to the Los Angeles Times, four Austin residents and self-styled “taco scientists” have designed a taco cleanse guaranteed to “prevent or reverse taco deficiency.” Sure, such a calamitous malady is likely all but eradicated in the Lone Star State. But if you’re looking for a healthy way to build your entire dietary life around refried beans and guacamole, that resolution is now much easier to keep.

[Image: tmpl5pnLC-mdly-photo.jpg]

In “The Taco Cleanse: The Tortilla-Based Diet Proven to Change Your Life,” vegan foodies Wes Allison, Stephanie Bogdanich, Molly R. Frisinger and Jessica Morris detail a method of replacing all meals for a month with tacos. Good news if you’re quite particular about your folded fare. The book offers much guidance, according to the Times:

“Before attempting the taco cleanse, the book offers a taco quiz, in which you answer a series of questions to discover your taco-eater personality. You can be a taco purist, taco sentimentalist, taco adventurist or taco contortionist. Yes, it’s just like those Cosmopolitan magazine quizzes.”

“The Taco Cleanse” also explains how to make vegan versions of tortillas (flour, corn or waffle), margaritas and popular fillings like picadillo, carne guisada and more.
01-06-2016 05:14 PM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
(01-06-2016 05:14 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  “The Taco Cleanse” also explains how to make vegan versions of tortillas (flour, corn or waffle), margaritas and popular fillings like picadillo, carne guisada and more.

All well and good if you enjoy vegetable exploitation, but if there is a non-vegan version of a margarita out there I think I'll pass...
01-07-2016 02:19 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
This may be of some help; good luck!

40 Best Foods to Melt Love Handles

Whether you call it a spare tire or a muffin top or just “my junk,” the ring of fat that collects around the top of your waist can ruin the line of a perfect dress, make even the coolest T-shirt look schlumpy, and generally make you feel F-A-T fat. Fortunately, having love handles is more of a style risk than a health risk. Unlike belly fat, which infiltrates your internal organs and is linked to everything from diabetes to heart disease to liver failure, that spare tire is made of subcutaneous fat, a type of fat located just below the skin, and which just sort of sits there; in fact, some studies suggest subcutaneous fat may even help protect us from certain health issues.
But that doesn’t mean we have to love the way they look—or live with them. The problem with love handles is that they don’t respond as well to moderate exercise or stress reduction. The are only way to get rid of them: There’s the hard way, which is to burn them off through vigorous exercise. And there’s the easy way, which is to use some simple tricks found in Zero Belly to cut down on calories and sugar while revving your metabolism with fat-burning foods that are high in fiber and protein. Here are 30 of the best Zero Belly–approved foods to whittle your waist and bring your midriff back in line. And for 150+ recipes that flatten your belly fast—made with the foods you love—buy the best-selling book from Abs Diet creator David Zinczenko: Zero Belly Cookbook!

Oat Bran
If you like to start your day with oatmeal, it’s time to give yourself an upgrade. While oatmeal is a terrific breakfast, with 8 grams of fiber and 12 grams of protein per cup, oatbran is a whole other level. It packs a whopping 18 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein, for the same number of calories. (What’s the difference between the two? Oatbran is made from the outer husks of the oat, while oatmeal is made from the inner portion.) Don’t screw it up by dumping brown sugar or syrup on it. Low-fat milk and cinnamon are the best accompaniments.

Sweet Potatoes
The king of slow carbs (meaning they’re digested slowly and keep you feeling fuller and energized longer), sweet potatoes were a breakfast staple for Morgan Minor, a 24-year-old firefighter from Coalinga, California, who dropped 7 pounds in her first week of Zero Belly. And after just 21 days, a sculpted stomach emerged—Morgan had shed four inches off her waist. “I had plateaued at 160 for over a month, and Zero Belly helped me lose more than ten pounds in 3 weeks!” Among the magic ingredients here are carotenoids, antioxidants which stabilize blood-sugar levels and lower insulin resistance, which prevents calories from being converted into fat. And their high vitamin profile (including A, C and B6) give you more energy to burn at the gym.

Shredded Wheat
To melt your love handles, look at the cereal with the most fiber and the least sugar. It’s hard to
top Shredded Wheat; with its 9 grams of fiber per serving, and zero sugar, it’s one of the absolute
best commercial cereal brands for people specifically looking to lose fat around their midsections.

Minestrone Soup
Most commercially prepared soups, especially bisques and other smooth soups, have added sugar
or other unsavory ingredients that will mess up your middle. Opt for thick, chunky soups like
minestrone, which are higher in fiber and tend not to come with additional sugars.

Black Rice
Also known as “forbidden rice” because only emperors were allowed to eat it, black rice
may be the cheapest source of antioxidants around. According to the American Chemical
Society, black rice has more antioxidants than a spoonful of blueberries, with more fiber,
more vitamin E, and less sugar. More antioxidants means less inflammation, which means
less fat storage for you.

White Tea
White tea works in three distinct ways to help strip away fat from your body. A study published
in the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism showed that white tea can simultaneously boost
lipolysis (the breakdown of fat) and block adipogenesis (the formation of fat cells). Another
group of researchers found that the tea is also a rich source of antioxidant that triggers the release
of fat from the cells and help speed the liver’s ability to turn fat into energy. Who needs Spanx
when you can just sip on this powerful brew? If there’s such a thing as a muffin-top-melting tea,
this is it. In fact, we at Eat This, Not That! love tea so much, we made it part of our bestselling
new diet plan, The 7-Day Flat-Belly Tea Cleanse! Test panelists lost up to 4 inches from their waist!

Black Beans
High in fiber and low in fat, beans are a Zero Belly power food because they’re great source of resistant starch, meaning that they “resist” digestion, sticking around the digestive tract and helping you feel fuller longer. By feeding your healthy gut bugs, beans help your body generate the chemical butyrate, which encourages the body to burn fat as fuel. A study at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center even found that beans can lessen the accumulation of body fat. All beans do the trick, but the darker the bean, the greater its concentration of phytochemicals, which is why black is best.

Corn Tortillas
This simple swap can make all the difference: Two corn tortillas can deliver 3 grams of
fiber for a mere 80 calories and 1 gram of fat. Two flour tortillas will give you just 2 grams
of fiber, but they’ll cost you 260 calories and 10 grams of fat. So which should you make
your next quesadilla out of? At Mexican restaurants, ask them to replace the flour tortillas
with corn in all your dishes.

Jerusalem Artichokes
In one Canadian study, subjects who were supplemented with a type of gut-healthy insoluble
fiber called oligofructose not only lost weight but reported less hunger than those who received
a placebo. Researchers discovered that the subjects who received the fiber had higher levels
of ghrelin—a hormone that controls hunger—and lower levels of blood sugar. Jerusalem
artichokes--which are actually the roots of a type of sunflower--are one of the best sources of
the fiber. Ogliofructose is also found in onions and leeks, as well as rye and barley.

Guacamole
High in fiber and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, guacamole. A half cup of guac—assuming
you didn’t go and blow it by mixing in sour cream or something else that doesn’t belong—gives
you more than 7 grams of fiber. For a super quick recipe, mix 1 ripe avocado, the juice of one lime,
2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro and a pinch or two of sea salt.

Tiger Nuts
No animals were harmed in the making of this food! Tiger nuts are made neither of tigers
nor of nuts; they’re actually tubers, which means people with nut allergies can eat them safely.
They look a bit like toasted corn kernels and taste kind of like coconut. A serving of 20 tiger nuts
delivers 4 grams of fiber for just 60 calories.

Chickpea Pasta
With double the protein and four times the fiber of wheat pasta, Banza—made from chickpeas
—turns a traditional carb into a muscle-building fat fighter. For anyone avoiding gluten, it’s a
better choice than pastas made from corn, rice or potato powder, which are often devoid of any
real nutrition.

Pepitas
It’s the Spanish term for pumpkin seed, and if you consider them just jack o’lantern innards,
you’re in for a treat. One ounce of seeds has eight grams of protein — more than an egg or
almonds — and is rich in flat-belly nutrients like fiber, zinc and potassium, which are key to
muscle building and recovery. Sprinkle them in salads or over oats.

Frozen Peas
Looking for a cold, crunchy snack? Keep a bag of peas in the freezer and pour some into a cup
for a filling nosh. A cup of peas has 7 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, and because you pop
them a few at a time, they’ll keep your hands and mouth busy, preventing you from seeking out
more sinful treats.

Raspberries
Red fruits are an important part of the Zero Belly plan, but even among these nutritional
powerhouses, raspberries stand alone as the single best source of insoluble fiber. A cup of the
little ruby jewels has 8 grams of fiber, compared to less than 3 grams in the same amount of
strawberries. Insoluble fiber helps feed the healthy bacteria in your gut, triggering the production
of a fatty acid that reduces fat-causing inflammation throughout your body. And in a Canadian
study, researchers discovered that those whose diets were supplemented with insoluble fiber had
higher levels of ghrelin—a hormone that controls hunger.

Oysters
Resolve to do more prying. Oysters are one of the best food sources of zinc, a mineral that
works with the hormone leptin to regulate appetite. Research shows that overweight people
tend to have higher levels of leptin and lower levels of zinc than slimmer folk. A study published
in the journal Life Sciences found that taking zinc supplements could increase leptin production
in obese men by 142 percent! A half-dozen oysters only has 43 calories but provides 21 percent
of your RDA of iron—deficiencies of which have been linked to a significant increase in fat gene
expression.

Dark Chocolate
A recent study found that antioxidants in cocoa prevented laboratory mice from gaining excess
weight and actually lowered their blood sugar levels. And another study at Louisiana State
University found that gut microbes in our stomach ferment chocolate into heart-healthy,
anti-inflammatory compounds that shut down genes linked to insulin resistance and inflammation.
To enhance the effects, try pairing your chocolate with some apple slices: The fruit speeds up
the fermentation process, leading to an even greater reduction in inflammation and weight.

Ezekiel Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread
What’s unique about the Ezekial breads is that, unlike most brands, the company doesn’t use
sugar in their loaves. With a combination of wheat, barley, millet, lentils, and spelt, this low-
gluten brand packs 8 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber into every sandwich.

Spa water
You see it sitting there every time you’re sitting around waiting for a massage. Spa water--
a pitcher of ice water with sliced whole lemons, oranges or grapefruit--is a great substitute for
pretty much anything else you might be tempted to drink. The citrus fruit peels add a compound
called d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant that stimulates liver enzymes, helping to rid the body
of toxins and flush fat from your system. And don’t forget: delicious smoothies really can help
you lose weight! For 150+ recipes that will make your belly flat, buy the brand-new book from
*Abs Diet* creator David Zinczenko: Zero Belly Cookbook!

Almonds
As much as 92 percent of Americans eat a diet that’s deficient in vitamin E. And that trend
seems highest among obese people, according to a study in the American Journal of Clinical
Nutrition. Almonds are among the best dietary sources of vitamin E, packing about 20 milligrams
per half cup, and are also high in monounsaturated fats and fiber.

Quinoa
It’s a complete protein, meaning that it contains the complete chain of amino acids that are
necessary for muscle building and fat loss. (Brown rice is an incomplete protein.) In a 2015
study in the Journal of Diabetes Investigation, researchers discovered that patients who ingested
higher amounts of vegetable protein were far less susceptible to metabolic syndrome
(a combination of high cholesterol, high blood sugar, and obesity). It’s also high in the amino
acid lysine, which helps you burn fat and maintain healthy bones and skin. According to a study
published in the journal Food Chemistry, quinoa has the highest level of betaine, a chemical that
revs your metabolism and actually shuts down the genes that encourage fat to hang around.

Grapefruit
It’s a complete protein, meaning that it contains the complete chain of amino acids that are
necessary for muscle building and fat loss. (Brown rice is an incomplete protein.) In a 2015
study in the Journal of Diabetes Investigation, researchers discovered that patients who ingested
higher amounts of vegetable protein were far less susceptible to metabolic syndrome (a
combination of high cholesterol, high blood sugar, and obesity). It’s also high in the amino acid
lysine, which helps you burn fat and maintain healthy bones and skin. According to a study
published in the journal Food Chemistry, quinoa has the highest level of betaine, a chemical
that revs your metabolism and actually shuts down the genes that encourage fat to hang around.

Walnuts
Polyunsaturated fats like those found in walnuts activate genes that reduce fat storage and
improve insulin metabolism. At about 13 grams per one-ounce serving, walnuts are one of the
best dietary sources. A small Pennsylvania State study found that a diet rich in walnuts and walnut
oil may help the body respond better to stress and can also help keep diastolic blood pressure
levels down. For more invaluable tips, check out our exclusive [25 Best Nutrition Tips Ever]
(http://www.eatthis.com/25-best-ever-nutrition-tips).

Tuna
Tuna or to-not? That is the question. As a primo source of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA),
canned light tuna is one of the best and most affordable fish for weight loss, especially from
around your waist! One study in the Journal of Lipid Research showed that omega 3 fatty acid
supplementation had the profound ability to turn off fat genes. And while you’ll find two types
of fatty acids in cold water fish and fish oils—DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)—
researchers say DHA can be 40 to 70 percent more effective than EPA at down regulating
fat genes and preventing fat cells from expanding in size.

Purslane

What the hell is purslane? While not a common food in most of the U.S., this sour, slightly salty
green is often used in Greek and Turkish cooking. You can find it at health food stores throughout
the year, and in farmers’ markets in spring and summer, but the most likely place you’ll encounter
it is growing in the cracks of your driveway. A weed to most, it was a regular part of Gandhi’s
diet, and a mere half cup has more than 1,000 IUs of fat-fighting vitamin A. This might be the
cheapest stealth health food in the world!

Omega-3 Eggs
Eggs are the E in “ZERO BELLY” for a reason: They’re the single best dietary source of a
fat-fighting nutrient called choline. But you can improve their fat-fighting powers by choosing
omega-3 eggs. Omega-3 enriched eggs are laid by hens that are fed flaxseeds, chia seeds,
and fish oil, thereby automatically improving your cluck! Whip up a breakfast at home to reap
the benefits, and read our special report: [14 Ways to Lose Your Belly in 14 Days]
(http://www.eatthis.com/14-ways-lose-your...-14-days)!

Grass-Fed Beef
When it comes to steak or burgers, go grass-fed. It may ding your wallet, but it’ll dent your abs.
Grass-fed beef is naturally leaner and has fewer calories than conventional meat: A lean seven-
ounce conventional strip steak has 386 calories and 16 grams of fat. But a seven-ounce grass-fed
strip steak has only 234 calories and five grams of fat. Grass-fed meat contains higher levels of
omega-3 fatty acids, according to a study published in Nutrition Journal, which have been shown
to reduce the risk of heart disease.

Rooibos Tea
Rooibos tea is made from the leaves of the “red bush” plant, grown exclusively in the small
Cederberg region of South Africa, near Cape Town. What makes rooibos tea particularly good
for your belly is a unique and powerful flavonoid called Aspalathin. Research shows this compound
can reduce stress hormones that trigger hunger and fat storage and are linked to hypertension,
metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.

Vegan Protein Powder
More and more research is showing that when we add plant proteins to our diets, our bodies
respond by shedding fat. In a 2015 study in the Journal of Diabetes Investigation, researchers
discovered that patients who ingested higher amounts of vegetable protein were far less susceptible
to metabolic syndrome (a disease that ought to be renamed “diabolic syndrome”—it’s basically
a combination of high cholesterol, high blood sugar, and obesity). That means eating whole foods
from vegetables—and supplementing with vegan protein powder—is one of the best ways to keep
extra weight at bay. A second study in Nutrition Journal found that “plant protein intakes may play
a role in preventing obesity.” Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake, Vega Sport Performance
Protein, and Sunwarrior Warrior Blend are three we love—find 150+ delicious recipes in Zero
Belly Cookbook.

Peanuts
The king nut when it comes to protein is the humble peanut, when you want to lose belly fat.
In fact, it tops pecans (2.5 grams), cashews (5 grams) and even almonds (8 grams) in the protein
power rankings. Peanuts are also terrific sources of the mood-boosting vitamin folate.

Spirulina
Spirulina is a blue-green algae that’s typically dried and sold in powdered form, although you can
also buy spirulina flakes and tablets. Dried spirulina is about 60 percent protein and, like quinoa,
it’s a complete protein, meaning it can be converted directly into muscle in the body. A tablespoon
delivers 8 grams of metabolism-boosting protein for just 43 calories, plus half a day’s allotment
of vitamin B12. It’s a great option if a blended vegan protein isn’t available.

Pistachios
All nuts are high in protein, but pistachios may have additional metabolic powers, making them
one of the best-ever high protein snacks. A brand new study by scientists in India looked at 60
middle-aged men who were at risk for diabetes and heart disease. They gave the two groups similar
diets, except that one of these groups got 20 percent of their daily calories from pistachios. The group
that ate the pistachios had smaller waists at the end of the study period; their cholesterol score dropped
by an average of 15 points, and their blood sugar numbers improved as well.

French Green Beans
They may be French, but green beans will keep you lean with a solid gram of vegetable protein
for every 18 calories you consume.

Hummus
Perhaps the very best thing you can dip a chip into, hummus delivers a gram of protein for each
36 calories. Made from chickpeas and olive oil, it’s as healthy as a food can get.

Avocados
This wonder fruit is essentially Mother Nature’s butter. Although you should limit yourself
to a quarter or half of an avocado, you have no reason to fear its fats. Avocados pack in healthy
monounsaturated fats that contain oleic acid, which can actually help quiet feelings of hunger.
They also give you two things butter doesn’t: protein and fiber. And made from pressed avocados,
avocado oil is also rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats that may help improve cholesterol.

"4%" Yogurt
Packed with protein, crammed with calcium, and popping with probiotics, yogurt has all the makings
of one of the best foods you can eat for weight loss and general health. And no, eating full fat won’t
make you fat: Whole-milk yogurts tend to have more protein and less sugar than their leaner versions.

Coffee
Simply downing a few cups of coffee before you lace up your kicks can help you get more out
of your workout by boosting your motivation, according to a recent Journal of Sports Medicine
and Physical Fitness study.

Broccoli
What more can you say? One of the best vegetables raw on salads or cooked.

Coconut Oil
Extracted from the meat of fresh coconuts, this tropical oil is a great source of the medium-chain
saturated fat, lauric acid, which converts into energy more easily than other types of fat. Picking
coconut oil over other less healthy fats, like lard and margarine, means less flubber is apt to be
stored on your frame.

Broccoli Rabe
This bitter cousin to your bland, boring broccoli has one of the highest protein-per-calorie ratios
in the plant world: 1 gram of protein for every 8.7 calories. A serving will give you 3.3 grams
for just 28 calories—that’s more protein than a spoonful of peanut butter.

Cayenne
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that daily consumption
of capsaicin, the chemical that makes cayenne hot, improved abdominal fat loss. And a second
study by Canadian researchers found that men who ate spicy appetizers consumed 200 fewer
calories at later meals than those who did not. You can find capsaicin in hot sauce, but just a
couple of shakes of some popular varieties can provide nearly 20 percent of your daily sodium
limit. For a less aggressive, salt-free kick, try seasoning grilled fish, meats, and eggs with just
a pinch of cayenne.
01-09-2016 10:58 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
If this is still open, I'm in.
01-12-2016 05:01 PM
niusfactuary Offline
All American

Absolutely, I'm going to put out a post later today with an initial set of rules. I'm thinking we might get started on the 19th of January.
01-13-2016 08:47 AM
Advertisement

niusfactuary Offline
All American

So currently I'm planning a start date of January 19th. Weigh-ins will be on Tuesdays, so your week one matchup will have an initial weigh-in on January 19, and a final weigh-in on January 26th, which will then serve as your initial weight for the following week's matchup. With 14 people, we have a couple options, no divisions, or two divisions with 7. I was thinking 6 or 8 teams make the playoffs. If 6 the 1 and 2 seeds would get a bye.

After running last year's competition, I'm aware that we could get some people dropping out, so I think we'll need to have a points system for the standings. I'm thinking 3 points for a win and 1 point for a forfeit win or tie, 0 for a loss, and -2 for a forfeit loss. So if you miss your weigh-in, that would count as a forfeit. If both people miss their weigh-in, both people get a forfeit loss. So...don't miss your weigh-in. Ties should really never happen since once again we're basing on percentage lost each week.

Anybody have any thoughts on divisions/playoff teams? I'll leave registration open until this weekend as well, but I'll need to come up with the schedule and divisions probably on Sunday.
01-13-2016 11:33 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I'm in.
01-14-2016 04:25 PM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
I'll try it ... I need to lose weight and become more fit. I'd like to see e-mail or PM notifications, at least until I get into the habit of checking this thread.
01-14-2016 04:50 PM
niusfactuary Offline
All American

(01-14-2016 04:50 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  I'll try it ... I need to lose weight and become more fit. I'd like to see e-mail or PM notifications, at least until I get into the habit of checking this thread.

Last year I typically PMed people reminding them to weigh in on that day. But It's easier if you just remember to do it every Tuesday, since I can only send PMs to 5 people at a time!
01-14-2016 04:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.