Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-05-2015 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USM Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USM | UCI
RE: "This is where I want to be." WKU's Brohm
No inside sources but don't be surprised if Monken leaves. He always seemed to have one foot out the door to me.
12-05-2015 08:02 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(12-05-2015 08:00 PM)galojah Wrote:  https://twitter.com/zach_greenwell/statu...5562405888

Oh heck...that means he's gone. LOL
12-05-2015 08:02 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
"This is where I want to be." WKU's Brohm
He IS a product of Petrino...

12-05-2015 08:03 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Talk is cheap. I'll believe it when he walks out onto the field next season. But I really hope he stays.
12-05-2015 08:07 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Just leave already.
12-05-2015 08:18 PM
Advertisement

MU42 Offline
1st String

They all say the same thing for recruits to not decommit. Then they leave when someone opens up the checkbook.
12-05-2015 09:36 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(12-05-2015 08:18 PM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  Just leave already.

Marsha fans might have a conniption if he is here next year. How many on this board were saying for a few weeks when your coach leaves you will suck haha. Still don't think he will be here but what else is left this year that he could go to?
12-05-2015 09:36 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-05-2015 09:36 PM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  

Marsha fans might have a conniption if he is here next year. How many on this board were saying for a few weeks when your coach leaves you will suck haha. Still don't think he will be here but what else is left this year that he could go to?

funny. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I'm using it from now on.
12-05-2015 10:50 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

(12-05-2015 10:50 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 09:36 PM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  

funny. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I'm using it from now on.

Completely
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 10:59 PM by Jack Bauer.)
12-05-2015 10:58 PM
Up2stuff Offline
Special Teams

(12-05-2015 08:02 PM)USM Wrote:  No inside sources but don't be surprised if Monken leaves. He always seemed to have one foot out the door to me.

So? Not sure what you mean by that. The guy wanted the job when Fedora left and EJ got it. He applied again as soon as EJ was fired. It took him 3 years to get us out of the gutter EJ put us in. He WANTED this job because he felt like it was somewhere he could win. So what if he leaves? We just go get another coach that WANTS this job. If it's a steppin' stone for them, so be it. That only means they'll work hard to win while they're here. I never want to hire another has-been-never-was dipshit like EJ that wants to "retire" here. All you'll ever get is half-ass effort to make it to the New Orleans bowl to play a SunBelt team so that it's hard to fire them. Give me a hard-working, young coach every 3 to 5 years that's looking to make a name for himself. I'm good with that.04-cheers
12-05-2015 11:11 PM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

16k at a conference championship? Yeah I'm sure WKU is his destination job lol
12-05-2015 11:16 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(12-05-2015 08:00 PM)galojah Wrote:  https://twitter.com/zach_greenwell/statu...5562405888

look, I hope you guys keep your coach, just because I hate to see our conference poached by the bull**** AAC . . . . BUT, just before the criminal tyndall blew town with his roadshow of corruption, he tweeted something oddly similar to that.
12-05-2015 11:18 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I hope he does stay. I want to see his pain on the sideline next year in Huntington.
12-05-2015 11:38 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

Awful lot of hate...

guess some of you have your reasons. Especially little brother fans. They are always talking about...NEXT YEAR. The sure sign of a loser is...NEXT YEAR

As for ole Dollar Store keyboard warrior shiftynifty....

still hasn't added anything of value to a topic.

I will...

WKU your 2015 CUSA CONFERENCE CHAMPS! Maybe he values that? or close to the Million he will pocket this year?

You keep on worrying about attendance and we will worry about conference championships. I believe this one ties Western for CUSA conference championship games...with current members. And here's a number for you....

11-0 which leads the nation in FBS conference winning streak. But that's OK Dollar Store keyboard warrior you keep worrying about attendance...
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 12:48 AM by WKUYG.)
12-06-2015 12:47 AM
EagNBran Offline
All American

No idea if Brohm does stay. Interesting thing about Monken though is that I haven't even heard rumors about him. He may end up leaving, and I wouldn't necessarily be surprised by it, but I just haven't heard anyone even mention him.
12-06-2015 01:39 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Little brother talk? Just how bad do you wish you were a UK fan? Trying to coattail their comments about Louisville is just really kind of sad.
12-06-2015 02:06 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(12-06-2015 02:06 AM)banker Wrote:  Little brother talk? Just how bad do you wish you were a UK fan? Trying to coattail their comments about Louisville is just really kind of sad.

Well lets see..the hurt coming out of our little brother fans is huge...HUGE I SAY!

Don't Marsha fans get tired of saying NEXT YEAR ...JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR. If you don't want to be treated like the little brother. Don't act like one. NEXT YEAR!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHH wait till next year we are going to make that big ole meanie Western coach pay. They are meanies, they hit us, they throat slashed our little bitty sweet angels. OHHHHHHHHHHH NEXT YEAR!!!!!

That's what little brothers do...MARSHA fans
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 02:20 AM by WKUYG.)
12-06-2015 02:15 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-05-2015 08:02 PM)USM Wrote:  No inside sources but don't be surprised if Monken leaves. He always seemed to have one foot out the door to me.

after next year.....no way he leaves this year.....I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.....I don't see the upside....

I hardly think a p5 school is going to blow up his phone this year

one other thing......why shouldn't he have one foot out the door? unless you have a few spare million a year to pay him, this is our future......we should be happy what fedhat and Monken have done during their terms....

just look at it reasonably.....fedora almost led us to an access bowl and Monken has turned the cf of elllllllllllloss around faster than most of yaz thought....

I just don't get comments like that.....

If he leaves after this year, so be it......hell, that's a testament to doing one's job properly......it will be big mac's job to find another suitable replacement.....we should hope we lose a coach every three to four years w/o having to fire them....
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 03:07 AM by stinkfist.)
12-06-2015 03:05 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-05-2015 11:11 PM)Up2stuff Wrote:  

So? Not sure what you mean by that. The guy wanted the job when Fedora left and EJ got it. He applied again as soon as EJ was fired. It took him 3 years to get us out of the gutter EJ put us in. He WANTED this job because he felt like it was somewhere he could win. So what if he leaves? We just go get another coach that WANTS this job. If it's a steppin' stone for them, so be it. That only means they'll work hard to win while they're here. I never want to hire another has-been-never-was dipshit like EJ that wants to "retire" here. All you'll ever get is half-ass effort to make it to the New Orleans bowl to play a SunBelt team so that it's hard to fire them. Give me a hard-working, young coach every 3 to 5 years that's looking to make a name for himself. I'm good with that.04-cheers

I should've read further into the thread before posting......well said!
12-06-2015 03:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.