BG coaching change could be Saturday
Bookmark and Share
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/583972

Quote:Campbell was interviewing for one or more jobs within hours of UT being upset at home last Friday by Western Michigan — maybe before, considering how quickly it all came together — and the online message boards have been rife with critical comments about the Rockets lacking focus and being ill-prepared for a game that decided the MAC West Division’s outright title.
12-01-2015 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

Have to respect him if he told ucf to take a walk since they leaked information.
12-01-2015 08:43 AM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
RE: BG coaching change could be Saturday
Scott Frost, Oregon OC, hired at UCF.
http://footballscoop.com/news/report-ore...ch-at-ucf/
12-01-2015 08:56 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(12-01-2015 08:43 AM)adunifon Wrote:  Have to respect him if he told ucf to take a walk since they leaked information.

As opposed to what our former coach should have done when the ISU AD came calling.
12-01-2015 08:59 AM
Advertisement

SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

(12-01-2015 08:59 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 08:43 AM)adunifon Wrote:  Have to respect him if he told ucf to take a walk since they leaked information.

As opposed to what our former coach should have done when the ISU AD came calling.

The Western Kentucky coach has turned down jobs until after his team plays in their championship game.
12-01-2015 09:03 AM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:

If he really did give up a more lucrative job (UCF) in order to finish his current job in a proper manner (i.e., not screw them over) then he is truly an endangered species among the vast majority of administrators in general who are so intent in climbing the "corporate ladder" of success that their focus is always on their next job, not their current one.

Campbell's departure process that was almost certainly connected with the costly Rocket collapse last Friday is far more typical than what I am hearing from Babers----and if he really did pass on UCF in order not the jeopardize BG's chances on Friday, then my respect for him just went thru the roof. Unlike Campbell, he must have a greater sense of urgency about hitting the BIG TIME because his "biologic coaching clock" is a lot closer to running out of time than was Campbell's .
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 09:08 AM by T-Town.)
12-01-2015 09:07 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
It was noted on this Board during the end of the UT win over BG that Babers seems like a "class act". Props to him if he did indeed tell UCF "good bye" because something leaked when he had specifically requested that it not...even bigger props to him if he stays at BG, although I think a win Friday would make that difficult for him.
12-01-2015 09:14 AM
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

(12-01-2015 09:14 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  It was noted on this Board during the end of the UT win over BG that Babers seems like a "class act". Props to him if he did indeed tell UCF "good bye" because something leaked when he had specifically requested that it not...even bigger props to him if he stays at BG, although I think a win Friday would make that difficult for him.

Yeah, that was me that posted that. And if all of this is true, then I've got mad respect for the guy.

Sounds like a guy that players would want to play for.
12-01-2015 09:19 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(12-01-2015 09:14 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  It was noted on this Board during the end of the UT win over BG that Babers seems like a "class act". Props to him if he did indeed tell UCF "good bye" because something leaked when he had specifically requested that it not...even bigger props to him if he stays at BG, although I think a win Friday would make that difficult for him.

I will give credit to Babers if this is the case. But he, more than likely is gone also...
12-01-2015 09:22 AM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

(12-01-2015 09:22 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  

I will give credit to Babers if this is the case. But he, more than likely is gone also...

No doubt -- he's a hot commodity. But what a way show your current team you give a damn about them in their biggest game of the year.
12-01-2015 09:50 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Pretty smart move by Babers. It's not like he's a player and an injury on Friday will cost him millions. As seen by the UT loss last Friday, teams will still pay if they truly want the guy.

He's making a great living now and has plenty of opportunities in the next years...if not days...to make even more. Puts a big feather in his cap with his current players as well as future suitors for his coaching.
12-01-2015 09:57 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I had also commented on him being a class guy when he called a time-out before Toledo went into the victory formation to end the game. I don't know for certain, but I'm betting that he told his guys to conduct themselves with class and quit the chippiness and that he would not tolerate and fighting or jawing with Toledo players as the game ended (or words to that effect). He was not telling them to not give up as the ESPN idiots suggested. After he was done, he tossed his headphones to the side and prepared to deal with the loss and move forward. He knew the game was over and just wanted his team to be respectful to their opponents.
12-01-2015 08:51 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

12-01-2015 08:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.