I Root For: HUSKIES
RE: Chicago State @ NIU predictions
11-30-2015 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blackhawk Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: huskies
The one point loss (and a bunch of treys) to the worst Illinois team in recent memory is interesting, but the losses to Alabama STATE and Jacksonville State is more telling.

I am drinking the kool-aid and fee very good that our program is turning and perhaps the best it has been in a long, long time but if we are not 7-0 after this game, we can dial it back.

Chicago State sucks, like always. Like, they have sucked worse than us (in the recent past), which is saying A LOT.

This is quite a schedule we have had...like, wow, but or AND I hope it means something when we rub up against our MAC brothers...who aren't great, but remain much more formidable than what we have played.

This is not meant to be a dig or downer. I like what Monty is doing. I think. And, I certainly like our young recruits. If, ONLY IF, Bowie was playing and healthy...we'd be, perhaps, a front runner in our conference. Not to mention our own D. ROSE.
11-30-2015 03:04 PM
HuskieTom1951 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU
(11-30-2015 03:04 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  The one point loss (and a bunch of treys) to the worst Illinois team in recent memory is interesting, but the losses to Alabama STATE and Jacksonville State is more telling.

I am drinking the kool-aid and fee very good that our program is turning and perhaps the best it has been in a long, long time but if we are not 7-0 after this game, we can dial it back.

Chicago State sucks, like always. Like, they have sucked worse than us (in the recent past), which is saying A LOT.

This is quite a schedule we have had...like, wow, but or AND I hope it means something when we rub up against our MAC brothers...who aren't great, but remain much more formidable than what we have played.

This is not meant to be a dig or downer. I like what Monty is doing. I think. And, I certainly like our young recruits. If, ONLY IF, Bowie was playing and healthy...we'd be, perhaps, a front runner in our conference. Not to mention our own D. ROSE.

Does anyone know when Bowie will be back ? What is the extent of his injury?
11-30-2015 04:50 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(11-30-2015 03:04 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  The one point loss (and a bunch of treys) to the worst Illinois team in recent memory is interesting, but the losses to Alabama STATE and Jacksonville State is more telling.

Chicago State is a solid, very solid program this year, they should have beaten Illinois.
11-30-2015 04:57 PM
RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

(11-30-2015 04:57 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Chicago State is a solid, very solid program this year, they should have beaten Illinois.

No they are not good at all. Staying close or even beating Illinois this year means jack.
11-30-2015 04:59 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-30-2015 04:59 PM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  

No they are not good at all. Staying close or even beating Illinois this year means jack.

Great point, this year being "Big 10 level good" doesn't necessarily mean its a compliment.
11-30-2015 05:06 PM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Illinois had 3 players just return from injury who didnt play vs Chi. ST.

According to Pomeroy rankings, Chi. State is a bottom 20 team 335/351 and NIU is the worst undefeated team in the country.

http://kenpom.com/
11-30-2015 07:58 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-30-2015 07:58 PM)Field Turf Wrote:  Illinois had 3 players just return from injury who didnt play vs Chi. ST.

According to Pomeroy rankings, Chi. State is a bottom 20 team 335/351 and NIU is the worst undefeated team in the country.

I would not argue that, NIU is probably the worst undefeated team in the country, but I do think NIU is in the top half of D1 like KenPom has them in.
11-30-2015 07:59 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

From what I have seen early, Toledo and Akron are clearly the best teams in the MAC right now. Everyone knew Akron would be great, but I severely underestimated Toledo. Just watching them run their offense in that Great Alaskan shootout, it looks so much crisper than NIU.
11-30-2015 08:01 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox

Illinois Stare sucks. They have beaten Illinois Tech, IU northwest, and Trinity Intl. They lost to Iowa State by 40, to Illinois, Jacksonville State, and Alabama State. They are not good.
11-30-2015 08:19 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-30-2015 08:19 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  

Illinois Stare sucks. They have beaten Illinois Tech, IU northwest, and Trinity Intl. They lost to Iowa State by 40, to Illinois, Jacksonville State, and Alabama State. They are not good.

They can pose some big problems for NIU, Woods is a great slasher to the basket, and I think NIU will have a tough time defending this team much like Illinois had trouble.
11-30-2015 08:32 PM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: Illinois
Illinois had trouble guarding because they were missing 3 starters and had to play a walk-on nearly 30 minutes. Chicago State won't shoot out of their mind like they did that game (they can't shoot) and NIU will roll.
11-30-2015 08:52 PM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
(11-30-2015 07:58 PM)Field Turf Wrote:  Illinois had 3 players just return from injury who didnt play vs Chi. ST.

Ha, worst undefeated team. I'll take it!
12-01-2015 12:43 AM
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

NIU 78
Chicago State 61

The boat keeps chugging along, oh sorry wrong school. :)
12-01-2015 01:22 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I just don't think Chicago State is capable of being blown out by NIU, Chicago State is too good at attacking the basket, which is NIU's weak point defensively. Its going to be a nail biter and high scoring affair but I think Huskies find a way.
12-01-2015 01:24 AM
Advertisement

blackhawk Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: huskies
Here is when I know that we have advanced past a certain level:

When we are not fired up and/or worried about Chicago State. Right, Chicago State. Do I need to say this again? Once more...Chicago State.

The time will come.
12-01-2015 02:12 PM
StevenNIU Offline
1st String

NIU 72
Chicago State 60
12-01-2015 03:42 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

(12-01-2015 02:12 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  Here is when I know that we have advanced past a certain level:

When we are not fired up and/or worried about Chicago State. Right, Chicago State. Do I need to say this again? Once more...Chicago State.

The time will come.
You are right. It is a sad day when we compare ourselves to Chicago State or worry about them. If Chicago State finishes with a higher RPI than us at the end of the year, MM days are numbered.

Enjoy our RPI of 65. The highest it has been in the past decade.
12-01-2015 04:55 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(12-01-2015 04:55 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 02:12 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  Here is when I know that we have advanced past a certain level:

The time will come.
You are right. It is a sad day when we compare ourselves to Chicago State or worry about them. If Chicago State finishes with a higher RPI than us at the end of the year, MM days are numbered.

Enjoy our RPI of 65. The highest it has been in the past decade.

I think NIU is better than Chicago State, but Chicago state does have a few stud players, there is no doubting that. That is how they hung with the Illinois and played even with a Big 10 team on the road. I mean look at UT Arlington going into Columbus and embarrassing Ohio State. Is Ohio State in shambles because they lose to UT Arlington. Come on now, lets get level-headed here.
12-01-2015 05:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.