Gotta Love The Hud...
Bookmark and Share
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
Gotta Love The Hud...
Pre Game
“The roles are reversed,” Cajuns coach Mark Hudspeth said

“I (told) our team, ‘If they can come and beat us at our place last year, when we were really good and (had) won six or seven in a row (six) … then I definitely know we’ve got the team to go up there and compete well and have an opportunity to win."

“Very few times have we not been picked as favorites,” Hudspeth said of his reign. “But … just because you’re not don’t mean you can’t."

Post Game
“You don’t feel good about it, because you feel like your defense played good enough to win the game,” Hudspeth said.

“You’re talking about a team (Appalachian State) that’s averaging 40 points a game, almost. And, for the most part, it was a 21-point game.”

App: 401 Total Offense / 227 Rushing / 204 Passing / 25 First Downs / 6 Yds Per Play Ave

Had it not been for Lamb's pitch to nobody on a 1st down play at the Cajun 21, the Apps would most likely have scored 35 - considering we were 3 for 3 on Red Zone chances anyway. OK Hud, you held us to 5 less points.
11-29-2015 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
RE: Gotta Love The Hud...
(11-29-2015 09:38 AM)AppManDG Wrote:  Pre Game

“I (told) our team, ‘If they can come and beat us at our place last year, when we were really good and (had) won six or seven in a row (six) … then I definitely know we’ve got the team to go up there and compete well and have an opportunity to win."

“Very few times have we not been picked as favorites,” Hudspeth said of his reign. “But … just because you’re not don’t mean you can’t."

Post Game
“You don’t feel good about it, because you feel like your defense played good enough to win the game,” Hudspeth said.

“You’re talking about a team (Appalachian State) that’s averaging 40 points a game, almost. And, for the most part, it was a 21-point game.”

App: 401 Total Offense / 227 Rushing / 204 Passing / 25 First Downs / 6 Yds Per Play Ave

Had it not been for Lamb's pitch to nobody on a 1st down play at the Cajun 21, the Apps would most likely have scored 35 - considering we were 3 for 3 on Red Zone chances anyway. OK Hud, you held us to 5 less points.

Yeah, and had it not been for my aunt's lack of testicles, she'd have been my uncle. I guess your coach never does the coach-speak routine.

Geez man, just enjoy the win.
11-29-2015 09:47 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

ULL had an average SBC defense, not good, not bad.

McGuire for the second year was a non-factor, they typically go as he goes.

I'm not sure how this NCAA violation is going to shake out but ULL is trending down for sure and it could be tough recruiting in the current environment.

What SBC schools recruit the most against ULL, USA and ULM? If so we could see them especially USA trending up the next couple of years.
11-29-2015 09:59 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
A-State probably goes head to head with ULL more. Seems like ULM recruits below that level a notch - taking players from Arkansas that A-State doesn't offer(or anyone else FBS) - many of who become good Sun Belt players.

stAte recently got a kid from Lafayette to flip back to us after committing to stAte earlier, then decommitting and committing to Hud.

I think this season, the La Tech losses, and the impending NCAA doom could hurt ULL. I hope not - Sun Belt needs that program to be strong.

Why hasn't Hud been hired away? Wouldn't be surprised if he jets now - could be now or never for the big payday.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 10:14 AM by WinstonTheWolf.)
11-29-2015 10:12 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(11-29-2015 09:59 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  ULL had an average SBC defense, not good, not bad.

I'm not sure how this NCAA violation is going to shake out but ULL is trending down for sure and it could be tough recruiting in the current environment.

What SBC schools recruit the most against ULL, USA and ULM? If so we could see them especially USA trending up the next couple of years.

If our defense is an average SBC defense, then the SBC is in a world of hurt.

Last year at Cajun Field, App State obviously controlled the line of scrimmage and kept McGuire bottled-up. This year's Cajun O-line is no where near the quality of last year's and that's why McGuire has had such a tough season. Those who know the kid and his abilities say he's just as fast as ever, but the tiny holes he slipped through so often in the past have not been there.

What will hurt our ability to recruit will be a bowl ban more than anything in my opinion. I'm confident though that our new facilities will help overcome some of the obstacles yet to come.

Any kid visiting us will see that we're serious about fielding quality football teams.
11-29-2015 10:30 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(11-29-2015 10:12 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Why hasn't Hud been hired away? Wouldn't be surprised if he jets now - could be now or never for the big payday.

Hud's not going to jet unless a serious P5 offer comes along and I just don't see that right now. He hasn't earned a big offer. And besides, $1,000,000 a year goes a long way in Lafayette. He'd be nuts to make a lateral move and with a long-term contract in-hand, I think he's here to stay for the forseeable future.
11-29-2015 10:34 AM
Advertisement

GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte
(11-29-2015 09:47 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

Post Game

Yeah, and had it not been for my aunt's lack of testicles, she'd have been my uncle. I guess your coach never does the coach-speak routine.

What if she had testicles but felt like a woman on the inside?

Bruce Jenner's nieces and nephews have an aunt with testicles.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 10:42 AM by GoBigRed26.)
11-29-2015 10:36 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(11-29-2015 10:36 AM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  

Post Game

What if she had testicles but felt like a woman on the inside?

You rang?
[Image: martha-graham-cracker-thinkfest.png]
11-29-2015 10:43 AM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
(11-29-2015 10:34 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 10:12 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Why hasn't Hud been hired away? Wouldn't be surprised if he jets now - could be now or never for the big payday.

Hud's not going to jet unless a serious P5 offer comes along and I just don't see that right now. He hasn't earned a big offer. And besides, $1,000,000 a year goes a long way in Lafayette. He'd be nuts to make a lateral move and with a long-term contract in-hand, I think he's here to stay for the forseeable future.

I imagine that with possible NCAA sanctions still looming over you guys, it's safe to say that Hudspeth isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. No P5 program, or G5 program for that matter, would go near him until that all gets settled.

It's a shame for ULL that you all didn't self impose a bowl ban for this year, but I guess you weren't expecting the season to end this way for the Cajuns.

Before you say it, let me say that I readily admit that I've got little room to talk about a season ending poorly after the absolute butt whipping USM put on us yesterday in Ruston.
11-29-2015 11:31 AM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

Post Game

Trust me I'm really enjoying the wins. By themselves these wouldn't be a big deal to App folks, but when you put them together with his other remarks towards App it's just too much fun. Especially that crack about not wanting to be in a league with a bunch of FCS Move Ups after App and Ga Southern were brought in.
11-29-2015 11:45 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(11-29-2015 11:31 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  

I imagine that with possible NCAA sanctions still looming over you guys, it's safe to say that Hudspeth isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. No P5 program, or G5 program for that matter, would go near him until that all gets settled.

It's a shame for ULL that you all didn't self impose a bowl ban for this year, but I guess you weren't expecting the season to end this way for the Cajuns.

Before you say it, let me say that I readily admit that I've got little room to talk about a season ending poorly after the absolute butt whipping USM put on us yesterday in Ruston.

I won't comment on the unspeakable things USM did as they bent you guys over and had their way with you, but I will ask. A conference division title on the line and you could only muster 19,000 fans? And the number of actual @Ruston fans was likekly much lower as I suspect USM had 1500 or more there?

I thought you guys owned N. Louisiana?
11-29-2015 11:50 AM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(11-29-2015 11:31 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  I imagine that with possible NCAA sanctions still looming over you guys, it's safe to say that Hudspeth isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. No P5 program, or G5 program for that matter, would go near him until that all gets settled.

I've seen this comment before and have to call bulldung.

First off, the NCAA charges are known to anyone who takes the time to read them and Hud was not mentioned in any shape, form, or fashion as having had any knowledge of the infractions. Had they, there would have been serious discussions of him being relieved of duty WITH CAUSE as that's written into his contract. And trust me, the NCAA doesn't need a pile of evidence to make a claim of guilt against any program, especially a G5. They didn't make that claim against the head coach or anyone else in the program other than that one coach.

Secondly, and especially as it relates to P5 coaching positions, are you really so naive that you believe this sort of thing would bother a P5 program in the least if they were looking for a coach that would take them to a higher level? The fear of the NCAA on the part of today's P5's is minimal, at best. They tolerate the NCAA, that's about the level of their fear.

I stand by original statement. Hud hasn't earned a better gig. It's really not any more complicated than that.
11-29-2015 12:05 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns

On national tv, nonetheless. Given that totally humiliating loss you have one helluva nerve showing up here to spread your usual bs......about ANY team. You should still under your rock, hanging your head in shame, if you had any sense whatsoever.

And so much for you coming here because we mention @ruston: not one person had mentioned you mangy little pups and yet we still get a visit from your refineryville-addled brain. Care to explain your contradictory words????
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 12:15 PM by LaCajunsFan.)
11-29-2015 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I don't think Cajuns are in any big world of hurt with the NCAA but I also know the NCAA has changed the rules of the game.

Now it isn't enough to show the coach didn't know, you have to show that the school was actively looking for problems and had a good program in place to catch problems and the rogue did something that could not have been effectively detected with proper application of the program. Without that safe harbor they can still stick it to the coach (even though failure to monitor and detect isn't really under the coach's control in the modern athletic department).

The part to watch is if the NCAA accepts the report and sanctions as suggested. I don't mean tweak number of visits or something like that, does the NCAA accept it substantially. If so, all is great and most of the time that is the case.

If the NCAA comes back and imposes a bowl ban, I fire my AD on the spot for failing to recognize that was a probable outcome and not self-imposing this year when it still mattered.
11-29-2015 12:21 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

(11-29-2015 11:50 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  

I won't comment on the unspeakable things USM did as they bent you guys over and had their way with you, but I will ask. A conference division title on the line and you could only muster 19,000 fans? And the number of actual @Ruston fans was likekly much lower as I suspect USM had 1500 or more there?

19K???? I'll be darn if there were 15K in that stadium....half of which were the SMU fans. Not to mention ZERO students, etc., on the student side. And it wasn't even raining the whole time, smh.

But yet for the ULM game, during which there was a driving rain for hours before the game, and continuing throughout it, in a very bad season for us, the @ruston folks had the gall to mock us for a low attendance. Yet, here they are for a possible division championship, a good season and their brand new EZ project was half-filled at best.

And then there is the very stagnant condition of their budget: wins don't do much for you if folks don't buy your tickets, merchandise, ads, etc., which is clearly reflected in the ltu-R budget. Too bad a good FB team doesn't have a more appreciative fan base.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 12:28 PM by LaCajunsFan.)
11-29-2015 12:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(11-29-2015 12:21 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  I don't think Cajuns are in any big world of hurt with the NCAA but I also know the NCAA has changed the rules of the game.

Now it isn't enough to show the coach didn't know, you have to show that the school was actively looking for problems and had a good program in place to catch problems and the rogue did something that could not have been effectively detected with proper application of the program. Without that safe harbor they can still stick it to the coach (even though failure to monitor and detect isn't really under the coach's control in the modern athletic department).

The part to watch is if the NCAA accepts the report and sanctions as suggested. I don't mean tweak number of visits or something like that, does the NCAA accept it substantially. If so, all is great and most of the time that is the case.

If the NCAA comes back and imposes a bowl ban, I fire my AD on the spot for failing to recognize that was a probable outcome and not self-imposing this year when it still mattered.

We got wind of this when Ole Miss, defending a lawsuit against them by the rogue coach, asked questions of him in a meeting where our compliance rep was present. The alarms went off, we began an in-house investigation, and immediately notified the NCAA with all the details.

The most serious charge is one made by an x-player who stated he got paid money by the same coach. That player is an x though because he was dismissed from the team after being caught stealing from other's lockers. The university has vehemently denied the charge that cash changed hands.

I think we do get a bowl ban because it's probably justified according to the level of the infractions of the coach who committed them. I also believe though that we've got a good compliance team and that the NCAA will take that into consideration.

As for firing Farmer, wouldn't bother me a bit. You might suggest that on Ragin Pagin.03-lmfao
11-29-2015 12:29 PM
Advertisement

CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
(11-29-2015 10:30 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 09:59 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  ULL had an average SBC defense, not good, not bad.

If our defense is an average SBC defense, then the SBC is in a world of hurt.

Last year at Cajun Field, App State obviously controlled the line of scrimmage and kept McGuire bottled-up. This year's Cajun O-line is no where near the quality of last year's and that's why McGuire has had such a tough season. Those who know the kid and his abilities say he's just as fast as ever, but the tiny holes he slipped through so often in the past have not been there.

What will hurt our ability to recruit will be a bowl ban more than anything in my opinion. I'm confident though that our new facilities will help overcome some of the obstacles yet to come.

Any kid visiting us will see that we're serious about fielding quality football teams.

Ok here is the truth. UL has already self imposed more penalties than the NCAA usually does for the infractions admitted to.

The next big thing was the money allegation which is the bowl ban violation. The investigators found no corroborating or circumstantial evidence with regards to payments. The investigators still believe the drug dealer for some reason. The committee will have to decide if they will punish on evidence or suppositions.
11-29-2015 12:36 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

(11-29-2015 12:29 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 12:21 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  I don't think Cajuns are in any big world of hurt with the NCAA but I also know the NCAA has changed the rules of the game.

We got wind of this when Ole Miss, defending a lawsuit against them by the rogue coach, asked questions of him in a meeting where our compliance rep was present. The alarms went off, we began an in-house investigation, and immediately notified the NCAA with all the details.

The most serious charge is one made by an x-player who stated he got paid money by the same coach. That player is an x though because he was dismissed from the team after being caught stealing from other's lockers. The university has vehemently denied the charge that cash changed hands.

I think we do get a bowl ban because it's probably justified according to the level of the infractions of the coach who committed them. I also believe though that we've got a good compliance team and that the NCAA will take that into consideration.

As for firing Farmer, wouldn't bother me a bit. You might suggest that on Ragin Pagin.03-lmfao

Really. But let's please don't encourage that, lol.
11-29-2015 12:37 PM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech

Let's see. Schools out. An 11:00 kickoff. Raining before, during, and after the game. I don't know, what do you think might have had an impact on attendance? The rain kept many away, just like it did at the TCU vs Baylor game the night before. Rain always affects attendance for everybody, including ULL. As was evident at your last rainy home game.

As far as owning north Louisiana goes, we own north Louisiana every bit as much as ULL owns south Louisiana, which I admit, isn't saying much.
11-29-2015 12:42 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

(11-29-2015 12:42 PM)BRtransplant Wrote:  

Let's see. Schools out. An 11:00 kickoff. Raining before, during, and after the game. I don't know, what do you think might have had an impact on attendance? The rain kept many away, just like it did at the TCU vs Baylor game the night before. Rain always affects attendance for everybody, including ULL. As was evident at your last rainy home game.

As far as owning north Louisiana goes, we own north Louisiana every bit as much as ULL owns south Louisiana, which I admit, isn't saying much.
Proof is in the pudding: the athletic budgets clearly illustrae whose fans support their program (UL), and the one who doesn't (ltu-R).
11-29-2015 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.