Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Something nobody has mentioned about hoops
Bookmark and Share
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Something nobody has mentioned about hoops
How much would Kedren slow this team down if he was healthy and starting? IMO last years pace was slow more for him than Nichols.

Think about it
11-19-2015 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Something nobody has mentioned about hoops
(11-19-2015 07:02 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  How much would Kedren slow this team down if he was healthy and starting? IMO last years pace was slow more for him than Nichols.

Think about it

Let Dedric bring it up and have big boy spot up for the 3...LOL
11-19-2015 07:06 PM
TigerFan386 Offline
1st String

True, but I'd still like to have him available as a back up point. He would be one of the better shooters on the team.
11-19-2015 07:11 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Well Kedren's not haulin as much around, and we had that other little feller who was quick as a lightningbug...not Pookie...the other one. He danced his way across court and was so fast...lol. It just cracked me up sometimes.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2015 07:15 PM by snowtiger.)
11-19-2015 07:13 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-19-2015 07:02 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  How much would Kedren slow this team down if he was healthy and starting? IMO last years pace was slow more for him than Nichols.

Think about it
11-19-2015 07:25 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
I dunno who slowed what down. I only know we didn't have a team most of the time.
11-19-2015 07:42 PM
Advertisement

EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation

Think about it

wasn't he the most experienced guard we had too?
11-19-2015 07:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tgrrfan Offline
Which way is she turning?

I Root For: Memphis & ND

Think about it

I thought about it,

No
11-19-2015 08:47 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

Think about it

Was it health or style of play?
11-19-2015 10:13 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

Kedren slowed the team down last year, but not as much as Austin did.
Gotta be true-I heard Martin say it on the radio.
11-19-2015 10:16 PM
jason80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: M-Town
(11-19-2015 07:11 PM)TigerFan386 Wrote:  True, but I'd still like to have him available as a back up point. He would be one of the better shooters on the team.

Not me leave him on the bench he's terrible. Way too slow can't guard anyone and has no desire to be good. Basketball is not his first love. He's just not someone u can depend on. Also shaq is so inconsistent every year it's the same thing with him at what point do we just accept that shaq is what he is an average college player. If had a feel for the game he could be better but he doesn't really understand the game a lot like Tariq. At least we got some high basketball iq guys in the Lawson's, Markel and Tarrant. U can just see the difference in their games they are one step ahead.
11-20-2015 12:21 AM
Advertisement

TigerBo Offline
All American

(11-20-2015 12:21 AM)jason80 Wrote:  
(11-19-2015 07:11 PM)TigerFan386 Wrote:  True, but I'd still like to have him available as a back up point. He would be one of the better shooters on the team.

Not me leave him on the bench he's terrible. Way too slow can't guard anyone and has no desire to be good. Basketball is not his first love. He's just not someone u can depend on. Also shaq is so inconsistent every year it's the same thing with him at what point do we just accept that shaq is what he is an average college player. If had a feel for the game he could be better but he doesn't really understand the game a lot like Tariq. At least we got some high basketball iq guys in the Lawson's, Markel and Tarrant. U can just see the difference in their games they are one step ahead.

Agree completely.
11-20-2015 09:31 AM
tigersroll Offline
All American

Could this "shoulder injury" issue provided a little foreshadowing on JP's part. He knew he wasnt gonan use him as much this year.
11-20-2015 09:36 AM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Heard Kedren on the radio a few weeks ago. Shoulder is a nagging injury. Won't get surgery until after the season. Got married, has a kid. Says he's ready to do whatever the team needs him to do. Very positive during interview about his life and the team.
11-20-2015 09:44 AM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(11-20-2015 09:36 AM)tigersroll Wrote:  Could this "shoulder injury" issue provided a little foreshadowing on JP's part. He knew he wasnt gonan use him as much this year.

If that was true then why didn't have already have the surgery?
11-20-2015 10:21 AM
mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
His shoulder is getting a little bit better and he is doing individual workouts. no timetable for return.
11-20-2015 10:26 AM
Advertisement

TigerFan386 Offline
1st String

To Kedren's credit, nobody cheers louder on the bench. He's at the very least contributing that to the team.
11-20-2015 11:20 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers

Think about it

Neither did us any favors in the transition game, and was Kedren ever in shape,even at the end of the season?
11-20-2015 11:31 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers

Tarik... the guy with an NBA contract?

I'll say a lot about the Lawsons, but high BBall IQ isn't one of them.
11-20-2015 11:33 AM
TigerFan386 Offline
1st String

(11-20-2015 11:33 AM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  

Tarik... the guy with an NBA contract?

I'll say a lot about the Lawsons, but high BBall IQ isn't one of them.

Dedric doesn't have really high IQ right now, but he doesn't exactly have low IQ either. He has a good feel for the game, just takes a couple bad threes sometimes and gets lost on defense every now and then. Not great, but better than average for a freshman. KJ is a different story, he's looked out of control so far. He needs to slow down and let the game come to him. One of my favorite things about this team is that every most everyone on the team can bring the ball up the floor and start the offense. Both KJ and Dedric are capable ball handlers, and it's been a while since we've had 6'7 and 6'9 guys that could do that.
11-20-2015 12:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.