Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

@ Liberty
Bookmark and Share
Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
@ Liberty
Game is tomorrow night at 7:00 pm. Multimedia options are Mid-Atlantic Sports Network and ESPN3.

Liberty is 2-0 after narrowly beating Covenant 64-62 and blowing out Summit 90-52.

Liberty has a couple of guys who can jack 3s but let's see what they can do with college players guarding them.
11-16-2015 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wml33t Offline
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
@ Liberty
If we want to build on the NC State win, this is a game that we absolutely have to win and win convincingly.
11-16-2015 09:42 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

RE: @ Liberty
It will be a good test for the UVA game, as new coach, Ritchie McKay, has brought the Pack Line defense with him to Liberty from Virginia (where he was an assistant).

That way it won't be the first time we've seen that defense when we go to Charlottesville.
11-16-2015 09:58 AM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

(11-16-2015 09:58 AM)billymac Wrote:  It will be a good test for the UVA game, as new coach, Ritchie McKay, has brought the Pack Line defense with him to Liberty from Virginia (where he was an assistant).

That way it won't be the first time we've seen that defense when we go to Charlottesville.

Any idea on how the new rules on restricting movement will effect their defense?
11-16-2015 10:21 AM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

I am looking at getting a ticket for tomorrow night's game @ Liberty. In which sections are W&M folks sitting?
11-16-2015 10:35 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2015 10:21 AM)LeadBolt Wrote:  
(11-16-2015 09:58 AM)billymac Wrote:  It will be a good test for the UVA game, as new coach, Ritchie McKay, has brought the Pack Line defense with him to Liberty from Virginia (where he was an assistant).

Any idea on how the new rules on restricting movement will effect their defense?

Still too early to tell. I thought our game was called fairly loosely/cleanly, except for 2-3 calls in the second half. There was no real continuous lines to the foul line. From what I gather from other games over the weekend, it was not as bad as expected either.

Still lots of time left for it to be a problem.
11-16-2015 10:54 AM
Advertisement

LeadBolt Offline
All American

(11-16-2015 10:54 AM)billymac Wrote:  
(11-16-2015 10:21 AM)LeadBolt Wrote:  

Still too early to tell. I thought our game was called fairly loosely/cleanly, except for 2-3 calls in the second half. There was no real continuous lines to the foul line. From what I gather from other games over the weekend, it was not as bad as expected either.

Still lots of time left for it to be a problem.

I thought our game Friday was called well. There were a few calls I didn't like, but mostly due to the new rules, not to questionable judgement on the officials part.
11-16-2015 10:56 AM
Dukesfan71 Online
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes

Speaking of the UVA game, my neighbor is a huge Tribe fan and he told me game time is Saturday the 5th at 2, I expect your football team to be playing that weekend as well. I am hoping it somehow works for you all to see both games that day. Congrats on the NC State win.
11-16-2015 11:06 AM
wm1981 Offline
Water Engineer

(11-16-2015 10:35 AM)LeadBolt Wrote:  I am looking at getting a ticket for tomorrow night's game @ Liberty. In which sections are W&M folks sitting?

My wife and I have season tickets. I also have 2 additional tickets in my section, but on a different row. Vines Center will have many empty seats tomorrow, so moving around, to sit with W and M folks, should be no problem. You are welcome to one of my extra tickets, just pm me and we can arrange for you to get it.

My neighbor is the assistant AD, so I can get more comp. tickets. If anyone else would like to go--just let me know asap.
11-16-2015 12:12 PM
wm1981 Offline
Water Engineer

(11-16-2015 08:36 AM)Tribal Wrote:  Game is tomorrow night at 7:00 pm. Multimedia options are Mid-Atlantic Sports Network and ESPN3.

Liberty is 2-0 after narrowly beating Covenant 64-62 and blowing out Summit 90-52.

Liberty has a couple of guys who can jack 3s but let's see what they can do with college players guarding them.

Liberty has a lot of young players.They just aren't very good, at this point. I'd be really surprised if they are within 20 points(I'm being generous) of the Tribe when the fat lady sings.
11-16-2015 12:16 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Games like this always worry me because in past years we've really played down to our lesser opponents. I'd love to see us come out strong here and really put on an exhibition.
11-16-2015 12:21 PM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

Re: RE: @ Liberty
(11-16-2015 12:21 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  Games like this always worry me because in past years we've really played down to our lesser opponents. I'd love to see us come out strong here and really put on an exhibition.

Stop worrying so much! You were a worry wart leading up to the SBU, UNH, Nova, and JMU games and it all worked out just fine. Tribe Athletics is making a statement...like Connor McGregor said, "We're not here to participate, we're here to take over." Pure unadulterated dominance with heads on posts to warn opponents that they're entering hell's gates when they meet us.
11-16-2015 02:32 PM
TribeDad Offline
Water Engineer

Well said
11-16-2015 02:34 PM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

(11-16-2015 12:21 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  Games like this always worry me because in past years we've really played down to our lesser opponents. I'd love to see us come out strong here and really put on an exhibition.

Looking at the Liberty roster, there is one senior, no juniors and 11 soph's r-fr & fr. It appears to me that the Flames probably haven't had a chance to jell yet, much like NCSU. Next season might be more of a worry for an upset than this one.
11-16-2015 03:21 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(11-16-2015 02:32 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Stop worrying so much! You were a worry wart leading up to the SBU, UNH, Nova, and JMU games and it all worked out just fine. Tribe Athletics is making a statement...like Connor McGregor said, "We're not here to participate, we're here to take over." Pure unadulterated dominance with heads on posts to warn opponents that they're entering hell's gates when they meet us.

Well you wouldn't want me to break from tradition NOW would you?
11-16-2015 03:30 PM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

I'll be in section 116, row t seats 1&2 with another W&M buddy. I'll be the large obnoxious one. Stop by and say hello!
11-16-2015 03:55 PM
Advertisement

wm1981 Offline
Water Engineer

(11-16-2015 03:55 PM)LeadBolt Wrote:  I'll be in section 116, row t seats 1&2 with another W&M buddy. I'll be the large obnoxious one. Stop by and say hello!

Will do. I'm in section 117, Row R, seats 1, 2 and 3. Sounds like I may have been able to find you without the seat location.
11-16-2015 04:21 PM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
@ Liberty
Just because we caught NCSU with their pants down doesn't mean LU won't be ready. Tuesday is the most important game of the year
11-16-2015 09:10 PM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

Yeah, there's a full page of weak opponents we've lost to early in the season. This year is a little different in that we've been hindered by injuries in years past, but I hope there's no hangover here. Young teams can catch fire early if you're not paying attention.
11-16-2015 09:11 PM
Blow Gym rat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FUS
Game notes are here (W&M) - http://www.tribeathletics.com/custompage...iberty.pdf

and here (Liberty) - https://www.liberty.edu/media/1912/men_s...Game_3.pdf

Liberty seems to have lost several players to transfers last spring -- not sure what (if anything) is the story there. http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/libert...e4afc.html
I remember Retic from our game with them in 2013.
11-17-2015 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.