Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

AAC Championship Game
Bookmark and Share
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
AAC Championship Game
I just looked it up, and the team with the best conference record will get to host the AAC Championship game this season.

Obviously the Tigers still have hurdles to clear before getting to that point, but I really wish they would have found a neutral site.

Memphis at home is Temple's only remaining challenge. How is it fair that Memphis has to play Navy, @ Houston, and @ Temple and then will likely have to play Temple a second time in Philly if we beat Navy and Houston?
11-04-2015 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

okcomputer76 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Tigers!!!
RE: AAC Championship Game
(11-04-2015 12:21 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  I just looked it up, and the team with the best conference record will get to host the AAC Championship game this season.

Obviously the Tigers still have hurdles to clear before getting to that point, but I really wish they would have found a neutral site.

Memphis at home is Temple's only remaining challenge. How is it fair that Memphis has to play Navy, @ Houston, and @ Temple and then will likely have to play Temple a second time in Philly if we beat Navy and Houston?

When we beat Temple the first time and finish undefeated then the game will be in Memphis.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 12:26 PM by okcomputer76.)
11-04-2015 12:22 PM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

(11-04-2015 12:22 PM)okcomputer76 Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 12:21 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  I just looked it up, and the team with the best conference record will get to host the AAC Championship game this season.

If we beat Temple the first time and finish with one loss or less then the game will be in Memphis.

If we lose to Navy or Houston, odds are we won't make the AAC championship game regardless of what we do against Temple.

If we beat Navy and Temple, we can lose to Temple and get a second crack at them, albeit in Philly.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 12:26 PM by TiminMem23.)
11-04-2015 12:25 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
A neutral site is not likely to draw a good crowd.
11-04-2015 12:25 PM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Temple plays at USF the week before they play Memphis. That will not be an easy game for them.
11-04-2015 12:29 PM
okcomputer76 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Tigers!!!
(11-04-2015 12:25 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 12:22 PM)okcomputer76 Wrote:  

If we beat Temple the first time and finish with one loss or less then the game will be in Memphis.

If we lose to Navy or Houston, odds are we won't make the AAC championship game regardless of what we do against Temple.

If we beat Navy and Temple, we can lose to Temple and get a second crack at them, albeit in Philly.

Houston and Navy play each other the last game of the season so as long as we beat the eventual winner of that game and Temple the game will be in Memphis.
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

Both Temple or the LB should be good sites this year. If its at the LB, then that likely means Memphis would be undefeated. That means the game, at a minimum, would be for a peach bowl invite for either team, or a possible playoff spot for Memphis. The place should be packed and rocking, I dont care if its in the middle of a hailstorm.
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Neutral site conference championship games would be banned within the first year of my term, were I ever appointed sports czar of America.

They're stupid.

Play them at the best team's joint.
11-04-2015 12:31 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Same day as the St. Jude Marathon...and a Tigers BB game that night.
11-04-2015 12:32 PM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

(11-04-2015 12:32 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  Same day as the St. Jude Marathon...and a Tigers BB game that night.

At this point, saying there is a Tigers BB game that night is like saying the public library will be open as well.
11-04-2015 12:34 PM
southpaw1 Online
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
(11-04-2015 12:29 PM)TigersRuleAll Wrote:  

Temple plays at USF the week before they play Memphis. That will not be an easy game for them.

I agree. USF is getting better every week. They have the best D we played all year.
11-04-2015 12:38 PM
Advertisement

tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Having to play Temple at their place for two straight years is a bummer for the Tigers. How big would it be for that to be a Tiger home game like it should be? Does anyone know why we are playing in Philadelphia again this year?
11-04-2015 12:43 PM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

(11-04-2015 12:43 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  Having to play Temple at their place for two straight years is a bummer for the Tigers. How big would it be for that to be a Tiger home game like it should be? Does anyone know why we are playing in Philadelphia again this year?

Has to do with the creation of divisions. Each team has to play 3 teams from the opposition division, and supposedly there was no way of doing that without having a few teams play on the road again against the same opponent they played on the road last year.
11-04-2015 12:45 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
(11-04-2015 12:29 PM)TigersRuleAll Wrote:  

That's the last thing I want to see....Temple losing a week before they play us. Same with Houston this week...I do not want to play then when they are coming off a loss.
11-04-2015 12:45 PM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

F it. Just win em all, Tigers.
11-04-2015 12:46 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Memphis isn't the only one who has to play an American opponent away in consecutive seasons. UConn plays at Tulane again this season, as they also did in 2014.

The scheduling had to be worked out for our divisions. Tough luck. Get over it.
11-04-2015 12:46 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

(11-04-2015 12:46 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Memphis isn't the only one who has to play an American opponent away in consecutive seasons. UConn plays at Tulane again this season, as they also did in 2014.

The scheduling had to be worked out for our divisions. Tough luck. Get over it.

Thoughts and prayers to UConn for having to play AT Tulane for two years straight.
11-04-2015 01:05 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

UConn is surprisingly competent this year, but yeah I know what you're getting at.
11-04-2015 01:09 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(11-04-2015 01:09 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  UConn is surprisingly competent this year, but yeah I know what you're getting at.

Yea, its Tulane. But, I dont mind playing at Temple this year, because it improves our playoff resume. It was spoken about last night.

Now, if we had no shot at the playoffs, then it would suck, because we are likely a dog at Temple. I dont mind us being the underdog to improve a playoff resume. I would hate the scenario to where we had to play there 2 years straight and the access bowl is on the line but th eplayoff spot isnt.
11-04-2015 01:14 PM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

A neutral site game would be horribly attended (as people already noted). Also, it would get really expensive for the fans when considering a neutral site championship game, plus two playoff games
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 01:16 PM by ksigtigerdood.)
11-04-2015 01:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.