Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good Game Huskies
Bookmark and Share
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Good Game Huskies
Was good to see some of you Huskie fans in the Glass Bowl last night.

Another squandered opportunity for the Rockets to get a win.

We'll try again next year...
11-04-2015 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Good Game Huskies
Thank-you for your class.
I look forward to next years NIU-Toledo game.
11-04-2015 09:59 AM
scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Go Rockets! We are all fans this week...beat the Chips. Full circle...chips are to NIU as we are to you guys.

Get that bowl game too!

Oh, and I hope Campbell is somewhere else by January. He seems like a coaching superstar.
11-04-2015 10:05 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
How you Rockettes don't find this a rivalry is beyond me...... last night just another example of how our two teams play the very best football....
11-04-2015 10:16 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(11-04-2015 10:05 AM)scottiep12 Wrote:  Go Rockets! We are all fans this week...beat the Chips. Full circle...chips are to NIU as we are to you guys.

Get that bowl game too!

Oh, and I hope Campbell is somewhere else by January. He seems like a coaching superstar.

Not so much. CMU has upset the Huskies a few times in the last decade, but they have not kept NIU out of the championship game (so far).

CMU is to NIU as Ball State is to Toledo.
11-04-2015 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-04-2015 10:05 AM)scottiep12 Wrote:  Go Rockets! We are all fans this week...beat the Chips. Full circle...chips are to NIU as we are to you guys.

Get that bowl game too!

Every NIU FB fan I hope will be routing for Toledo again to help NIU make it to Detroit.
Toledo has helped us overcome two losses to CMU in the previous 4 years.
2011 NIU lost to CMU 41-48 and Toledo beat CMU at Mount Pleasant 44-17.
2014 NIU lost to CMU 34-17 and Toledo beat CMU in Toledo 42-28.

With WMU and CMU in the race for MAC West Champions we NIU FB fans would like to see NIU/Toledo share the MAC West title with only one MAC loss and WMU and CMU to tie for third/fourth place with two losses.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 11:03 AM by sterling1man.)
11-04-2015 11:03 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
MAC West winner has to run the table. THat means CMU, NIU or UT.

Rocket horrible loss, we suffered a similar loss in 2002 to a Toledo team at home after blowing a big lead. It was an offside call on the 3 and forced us to settle for a FG, then your QB threw TD down left sideline under a minute to go. HURTS
11-04-2015 11:07 AM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-04-2015 11:07 AM)NIU05 Wrote:  MAC West winner has to run the table. THat means CMU, NIU or UT.

Rocket horrible loss, we suffered a similar loss in 2002 to a Toledo team at home after blowing a big lead. It was an offside call on the 3 and forced us to settle for a FG, then your QB threw TD down left sideline under a minute to go. HURTS

NIU needs Toledo to run the table for NIU to win a 6th trip to Detroit.
It sure does hurt. Toledo in 2002,2003,2004.

Yet Toledo has helped NIU FB goto Detroit before. As an NIU FB fan I am very grateful.
11-04-2015 11:17 AM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-04-2015 10:16 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  How you Rockettes don't find this a rivalry is beyond me...... last night just another example of how our two teams play the very best football....

BGSU is our rival, the Huskies are a royal pain in the @$$...
11-04-2015 11:18 AM
Advertisement

BobL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
(11-04-2015 11:07 AM)NIU05 Wrote:  MAC West winner has to run the table. THat means CMU, NIU or UT.

you forgot WMU. Gonna be a wild race to the MAC west crown.
11-04-2015 11:27 AM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
NIU's win streak in this series is pretty stupefying. Toledo is clearly good enough to have beaten NIU in some of these games....but football is such a weird game.

We too know the pain of a season ruined. And seemingly not being able to beat a certain team for some reason.....This is a cruel game.

I'm a bad person. I can't resist:

[Image: trophy-300x271-300x271.jpg]
11-04-2015 11:31 AM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-04-2015 11:31 AM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  I'm a bad person. I can't resist:

Nice, I've got six of those now.... 03-banghead
11-04-2015 12:02 PM
Hall of Famer

(11-04-2015 12:02 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 11:31 AM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  I'm a bad person. I can't resist:

Nice, I've got six of those now.... 03-banghead

Ha, NIU got like 14 of them in a row at one point from you guys.
11-04-2015 12:06 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(11-04-2015 09:34 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Was good to see some of you Huskie fans in the Glass Bowl last night.

Another squandered opportunity for the Rockets to get a win.

We'll try again next year...

That was a good game. Head to head battle on the field! Good luck moving forward...take CMU out of the picture next week, will you? 04-cheers
11-04-2015 01:47 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-04-2015 11:31 AM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  NIU's win streak in this series is pretty stupefying. Toledo is clearly good enough to have beaten NIU in some of these games....but football is such a weird game.

We too know the pain of a season ruined. And seemingly not being able to beat a certain team for some reason.....This is a cruel game.

Congratulations on the win. You are completely right about this series. There is definitely some strong Karma associated with this series that started with NIU's return to the MAC----first the long Rocket winning streak, a very few years of transition, and now the long NIU winning streak-----and in during both the Toledo and NIU streaks there have been some games where I believed the overall "better" team lost, although they were obviously not the better team on that particular day.
11-04-2015 02:00 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-04-2015 10:16 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  How you Rockettes don't find this a rivalry is beyond me...... last night just another example of how our two teams play the very best football....

I am not sure that either team came close to playing their very best football last night but NIU played just well enough to win fair and square, but as regards the rivalry question:

With Toledo and NIU it is a football thing (and a 300 mile separation)

With Toledo and BG it is an entire school thing (and a 20 mile separation)

This does not mean that the Toledo/NIU football game isn't a big deal because it is. It very often decides who gets their ticket punched for the MACC game, but it is only just one sport. In a very real sense NIU now occupies the roll of "Toledo football Nemesis" that belonged to Marshall before they split for C-USA but if you want to call that a rivalry, that is OK by me.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 02:19 PM by T-Town.)
11-04-2015 02:17 PM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-04-2015 02:17 PM)T-Town Wrote:  

I am not sure that either team came close to playing their very best football last night but NIU played just well enough to win fair and square, but as regards the rivalry question:

With Toledo and NIU it is a football thing (and a 300 mile separation)

With Toledo and BG it is an entire school thing (and a 20 mile separation)

This does not mean that the Toledo/NIU football game isn't a big deal because it is. It very often decides who gets their ticket punched for the MACC game, but it is only just one sport. In a very real sense NIU now occupies the roll of "Toledo football Nemesis" that belonged to Marshall before they split for C-USA but if you want to call that a rivalry, that is OK by me.

Its taken 6 straight wins to try to prove to Toledo that,"We are (the new) Marshall".
FB is the most visible sport by far at NIU.
Both NIU and Toledo have FB B1G like programs.
NIU's yearly game against BSU, CMU, WMU are very important.
When NIU plays Toledo our fan base gets rallied far more than against any other MAC team.

You call us ,"Toledo football Nemesis", however how many Toledo fans will trade a win over BGSU for a win over NIU?

You have beaten BGSU five straight times, and this year will make it six straight times. When last did the Toledo/BGSU match have MACC implications?

Do Toledo FB fans turn out in greater number for NIU then other MAC teams besides BGSU?
11-04-2015 09:34 PM
Advertisement

MissionFan73 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Huskies
If you guys beat CMU and get the Poinsettia Bowl, I will be there to root for you as MAC rep.
11-04-2015 10:38 PM
Hall of Famer

(11-04-2015 02:00 PM)T-Town Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 11:31 AM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  NIU's win streak in this series is pretty stupefying. Toledo is clearly good enough to have beaten NIU in some of these games....but football is such a weird game.

Congratulations on the win. You are completely right about this series. There is definitely some strong Karma associated with this series that started with NIU's return to the MAC----first the long Rocket winning streak, a very few years of transition, and now the long NIU winning streak-----and in during both the Toledo and NIU streaks there have been some games where I believed the overall "better" team lost, although they were obviously not the better team on that particular day.

Yeah, there's no rhyme or reason to things sometimes. Why hasn't Toledo pulled out one of the closer games? Who knows? They easily could have. I'd blame QB play more than anything....you guys always have crazy good skill position players and you even have a defense this year....and it's not like you have bad QB's....just NIU has generally gotten better play from their QB's in this series lately. Shrugs.

I browsed your forum and it made me laugh, not just the shameful joy of beating a rival and hearing them moan in pain, but your fans sound just like ours when discussing your head coach. It's uncanny. I think both programs have good coaches and it'll take a bad hire to show us (I think both fanbases are a bit spoiled).
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 12:50 AM by The Frisky Biscuit.)
11-05-2015 12:50 AM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(11-04-2015 10:38 PM)MissionFan73 Wrote:  If you guys beat CMU and get the Poinsettia Bowl, I will be there to root for you as MAC rep.

Once the MACC is over I cheer for all the MAC teams in their bowl games. Nice of you to offer this to the Rockets. 04-cheers
11-06-2015 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.