WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should have joined the new WCHA. -brovol
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
Should have joined the new WCHA. -brovol
He also said the nchc was too tough for us to win.
10-31-2015 08:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

I Root For: LawyersGuns n $
RE: Should have joined the new WCHA. -brovol
lol. He will say it can't be decided for seasons blah blah blah I'm a judge blah blah blah.
10-31-2015 11:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JSB3 Offline
Bench Warmer

LOL I came on here to leave a comment about this subject
11-01-2015 02:13 AM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
In case you're curious the NCHC is 6-0-0 vs the BTHC and 10-1-2 vs. the WCHA.
11-02-2015 10:11 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
Just noticed this thread. I didnt know we accomplished the goals that we set to achieve when we entered the nchc yet? If we did then let me join in your victory lap and openly stand corrected. Are you all tasting the sweet nectar of accomplished success for our program because we beat Nebraska Omaha, or that we were able to beat and tie a couple schools from the powerful wcha?

My comments and opinions have always expressly been with respect to the overall long term success of the program. Never did I suggest we won't have a few runs during a season, or even that we won't have good seasons. The question was whether we would have been better in the wcha or the nchc. I believe over the course of years the wcha would have been the better fit. And while you want to use a 4-2-1 record to start this season as evidence that the nchc was the better choice, you do so only by ignoring the past two full seasons of less than mediocrity in the nchc.

As a judge and lawyer for many years I have seen attorneys win cases with nothing more than smoke and mirrors when they lacked real evidence. You folks are banking on a very naïve jury with this one though.

But enjoy your championship celebration. Just curious; how many of you secretly attended CMU? This thread sounds like it came from their board.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 08:31 AM by brovol.)
11-03-2015 06:39 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(10-31-2015 08:26 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  He also said the nchc was too tough for us to win.

Never said that, but I might have thought it. Actually, based on the current status of our program I believe it is possible for us to win the NCHC on a given year, albeit unlikely, and believe it is very possible for us to win the conference tournament, as it just takes a hot team and good matchups for that to happen. My problem is that it will always be hard to "keep up with the Jones' in the NCHC, which is loaded with schools very committed to a high achieving hockey program. If we don't, then everything will slide, and we will become bottom feeders.

I know you don't actually care to get the record straight, and what I have said is unimportant to a propagandist, but If anyone did care to read my older posts on this subject, I have consistently said exactly the same thing, and indeed, notwithstanding our current apparent "championship run", I believe my comments are proving to be prophetic. We have struggled in the NCHC.

So far this year we have only played Nebraska Omaha from our conference, and while they may have been ranked #1 in the country, those are the same polls you all are critical of in other threads. We still have a full slate of NCHC schools to play. Hopefully we will fare better than we have in the previous seasons. It certainly is possible that we finish at the top or near the top of the NCHC this year, and for years beyond. I pray for that, but I'm not betting on it. Whereas, if we were in the WCHA, not only would I hope for a top flight league placing at the end of the season, I would expect it, along with an NCAA tourney spot.
11-03-2015 03:28 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(10-31-2015 11:05 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  lol. He will say it can't be decided for seasons blah blah blah I'm a judge blah blah blah.

Well, If you want to decide it NOW, we can you (insert curse word that starts with "F" and ends in "ing", followed by the word Widiot, but without the "W"). WMU has had two seasons in the NCHC, and has sucked both years. Is that the "success" you were expecting?

Oh, and another thing.....I'm a judge blah blah blah
11-03-2015 03:35 PM
Advertisement

rtletterman Offline
Banned

Wow, THREE IN A ROW!!!. 04-rock I tried to read your post, but it was so full of anger all I could get out of it was "blah blah blah blah".

I would say we were a good hockey team two years ago in a really tough conference. We had a winning record overall. Came really close to finishing a run in the conference playoffs as well. Last year was a disappointment, but we'll be more than making up for that this year.

Your judgeship.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 04:10 PM by rtletterman.)
11-03-2015 03:40 PM
BroncoFever Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W Michigan
Brovol-

Once again, I finding myself agreeing with you (ya I'm surprized to). It's early and our succes will be/should measured at the end of the season. I for one am very happy we are not ranked and I'm ok with flying below the radar for a while longer

I don't care too much for the early season rankings. Eventually those opinions will start matching the math. Lots of bias and some just plane stupidity

I don't agree with you accessment that our first two seasons were bad. The NCHC will always be very competitive top-bottom and we will see all the teams trading off win/loses. But thats not a bad think, as it helps all the teams to be more battle tested if they advance to the NCAA tournament and the conference will help attract top prospects.

The Broncos competion in the first year of the NCHC was a step up from the CCHA and WMU finished the regular season tied for fourth. SCSU the conference champion didn't even advance to the conference frozen four, neither did UNO. We stole the conference regular season title out of the hands of fighting Sioux the last game of the season in front of a sell out crowd in Grand Forks. We swept CCHA brother all 4 games. We swept UMD on the road in the conference tournament. But WMU was a injury away from winning the conference tournament and making the NCAA tournament.

Last year, goal tending really hurt us and Hafner's injury certainlly explains alot of what I was seing. Very tough to win in this conference without some goal tending. It is what it is.

But this year, the fruits of the staffs labor of over the last couple of years is starrting to show up. We are a quicker team and a more skilled, young, but there is still a solid experience crew returning and we still retain a physical/gritty presence. We are a much more balanced team than the last two years and early on our goal tending appears to be pretty solid.

I for one was not surprised WMU swept UNO. Never thought they were a #1 team in the country either. Sure, they were 6-0, but many were questioning the strength of the competition they had faced during that run. They have big question marks in goal comming into the season and WMU exposed that along with thier weak/pores defense. I don't think people realize just how much Messa was key to that teams success last year. He hid alot of thier weakness.

It's a very similar story with North Dakota. None of thier goalies this year will be play at the same level McInter did last year. He absolutly was the diference maker in many of thier games and in several, single handily stole several games. Sure, thier defense is pretty solid, but they lost what limited scoring they had up front. I llike a couple of thier freshaman forwards and early on they have had some success, but who have they even played this year?? And a new head coach??

Miami has a weak d-core, in-consistent goaltending and a couple of studs up front

SCSU strength this year is thier goalie, perhaps the best goalie in the NCHC this year, but d-core is suspect, nothing special up front, but bench coaching is a joke

DU goal tending is average, d-core is real suspect and only a couple of good forwards, though I really like thier coach

CC still strugles as coach is still rebuilding the team

That leaves UMD, probably the most complete team in the conference and a preason favorit to win the league. They are very senior heavy and didn't lose much. Speedy/deep up front and a very good goalie/though he has had his moments. Three good defensemen, but smoke and miriors with the rest. Yet how has our Broncos done vs them over the last three years?
11-03-2015 04:44 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

(11-03-2015 03:40 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  Wow, THREE IN A ROW!!!. 04-rock I tried to read your post, but it was so full of anger all I could get out of it was "blah blah blah blah".

I would say we were a good hockey team two years ago in a really tough conference. We had a winning record overall. Came really close to finishing a run in the conference playoffs as well. Last year was a disappointment, but we'll be more than making up for that this year.

Your judgeship.

My therapist is working on my anger issues. But I have so many other issues she is growing perplexed.
11-03-2015 07:50 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

(11-03-2015 04:44 PM)BroncoFever Wrote:  Brovol-

Once again, I finding myself agreeing with you (ya I'm surprized to). It's early and our succes will be/should measured at the end of the season. I for one am very happy we are not ranked and I'm ok with flying below the radar for a while longer

I don't care too much for the early season rankings. Eventually those opinions will start matching the math. Lots of bias and some just plane stupidity

I don't agree with you accessment that our first two seasons were bad. The NCHC will always be very competitive top-bottom and we will see all the teams trading off win/loses. But thats not a bad think, as it helps all the teams to be more battle tested if they advance to the NCAA tournament and the conference will help attract top prospects.

The Broncos competion in the first year of the NCHC was a step up from the CCHA and WMU finished the regular season tied for fourth. SCSU the conference champion didn't even advance to the conference frozen four, neither did UNO. We stole the conference regular season title out of the hands of fighting Sioux the last game of the season in front of a sell out crowd in Grand Forks. We swept CCHA brother all 4 games. We swept UMD on the road in the conference tournament. But WMU was a injury away from winning the conference tournament and making the NCAA tournament.

Last year, goal tending really hurt us and Hafner's injury certainlly explains alot of what I was seing. Very tough to win in this conference without some goal tending. It is what it is.

But this year, the fruits of the staffs labor of over the last couple of years is starrting to show up. We are a quicker team and a more skilled, young, but there is still a solid experience crew returning and we still retain a physical/gritty presence. We are a much more balanced team than the last two years and early on our goal tending appears to be pretty solid.

I for one was not surprised WMU swept UNO. Never thought they were a #1 team in the country either. Sure, they were 6-0, but many were questioning the strength of the competition they had faced during that run. They have big question marks in goal comming into the season and WMU exposed that along with thier weak/pores defense. I don't think people realize just how much Messa was key to that teams success last year. He hid alot of thier weakness.

It's a very similar story with North Dakota. None of thier goalies this year will be play at the same level McInter did last year. He absolutly was the diference maker in many of thier games and in several, single handily stole several games. Sure, thier defense is pretty solid, but they lost what limited scoring they had up front. I llike a couple of thier freshaman forwards and early on they have had some success, but who have they even played this year?? And a new head coach??

Miami has a weak d-core, in-consistent goaltending and a couple of studs up front

SCSU strength this year is thier goalie, perhaps the best goalie in the NCHC this year, but d-core is suspect, nothing special up front, but bench coaching is a joke

DU goal tending is average, d-core is real suspect and only a couple of good forwards, though I really like thier coach

CC still strugles as coach is still rebuilding the team

That leaves UMD, probably the most complete team in the conference and a preason favorit to win the league. They are very senior heavy and didn't lose much. Speedy/deep up front and a very good goalie/though he has had his moments. Three good defensemen, but smoke and miriors with the rest. Yet how has our Broncos done vs them over the last three years?
Never admit you agree with me, even if you do. First, it just inflates my large ego. Second, at least on the bronco hockey board, it will make you a co-villan. ....oh, but now that I think about it you are one who detests me, so disregard the second point.

Hey, jokes aside, I LOVE Bronco hockey. I drive 3 1/2 hours to kzoo several times every year with my son or family to catch games, then drive 3 1/2 hours back; and typically catch an away game every year too. I desperately want us to win consistently and flourish in this league, or in some other league, as long as the program gets and stays strong. I honestly hope my assessment about the NCHC is wrong, and I would be delighted to eat crow if after 5-10 years in the league we see prolonged success and regularly play in the NCAA tourney. Time will tell. For now let's keep the momentum of last weekends solid effort.
11-03-2015 08:03 PM
Ubish Offline
All American

(11-03-2015 08:03 PM)brovol Wrote:  Hey, jokes aside, I LOVE Bronco hockey. I drive 3 1/2 hours to kzoo several times every year with my son or family to catch games, then drive 3 1/2 hours back; and typically catch an away game every year too. I desperately want us to win consistently and flourish in this league, or in some other league, as long as the program gets and stays strong. I honestly hope my assessment about the NCHC is wrong, and I would be delighted to eat crow if after 5-10 years in the league we see prolonged success and regularly play in the NCAA tourney. Time will tell. For now let's keep the momentum of last weekends solid effort.

yep, that's what it's all about. Whether we agree or disagree with the move to the NCHC, we all are rooting for it to be the correct move.
11-03-2015 08:43 PM
rtletterman Offline
Banned

(11-03-2015 08:43 PM)Ubish Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 08:03 PM)brovol Wrote:  Hey, jokes aside, I LOVE Bronco hockey. I drive 3 1/2 hours to kzoo several times every year with my son or family to catch games, then drive 3 1/2 hours back; and typically catch an away game every year too. I desperately want us to win consistently and flourish in this league, or in some other league, as long as the program gets and stays strong. I honestly hope my assessment about the NCHC is wrong, and I would be delighted to eat crow if after 5-10 years in the league we see prolonged success and regularly play in the NCAA tourney. Time will tell. For now let's keep the momentum of last weekends solid effort.

yep, that's what it's all about. Whether we agree or disagree with the move to the NCHC, we all are rooting for it to be the correct move.

The way ND hung our AD out to dry, it was our only move if you remember.
11-03-2015 11:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.