Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama authorizes Special Ops Forces to deploy to Syria
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Obama authorizes Special Ops Forces to deploy to Syria
"President Obama has authorized sending dozens of Special Operations Forces to Syria to help advise local ground troops and coalition efforts in the fight against the Islamic State, officials said Friday."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/...tcmp=hpbt2
10-30-2015 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Obama authorizes Special Ops Forces to deploy to Syria
SMFH
10-30-2015 02:38 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
10-30-2015 02:40 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Well, something has to be done. Before long ISIS may take over parts of Turkey if the Turkish far-right groups keep their anti-Kurd propaganda campaign going.
10-30-2015 02:41 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(10-30-2015 02:41 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Well, something has to be done. Before long ISIS may take over parts of Turkey if the Turkish far-right groups keep their anti-Kurd propaganda campaign going.

According to liberals, such justification is apparently only worth American life if Obama is president.

If a Republican was in office: OMG ******* WAR MONGER HE'S DOING THIS TO MAKE MONEY FROM HALLIBURTON, ANTI-ISLAMIC REPUBLICAN WAR MONGER
10-30-2015 02:46 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
This was inevitable if we want ISIS gone.
10-30-2015 02:47 PM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(10-30-2015 02:47 PM)VA49er Wrote:  This was inevitable if we want ISIS gone.

"But how many innocent civilians will die as a result?"

-Liberal from 2001-2008

"This has to be done, this is necessary."

-Liberal from 2008-present
10-30-2015 02:49 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-30-2015 02:46 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  
(10-30-2015 02:41 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Well, something has to be done. Before long ISIS may take over parts of Turkey if the Turkish far-right groups keep their anti-Kurd propaganda campaign going.

According to liberals, such justification is apparently only worth American life if Obama is president.

If a Republican was in office: OMG ******* WAR MONGER HE'S DOING THIS TO MAKE MONEY FROM HALLIBURTON, ANTI-ISLAMIC REPUBLICAN WAR MONGER

Blatantly untrue. You forget that we've had Democrats not named Obama in office before. Clinton led the NATO insurrection against Serbians who were committing genocide against the Albanians in Kosovo. These things happen. When you mislead a country into war, as happened in Iraq, the attitudes shift. When a country is in an unwinnable war like what happened in Vietnam, people get angry. We had Democrats in power back then - the reaction was quite different from how we react today to this news. And for good reason - times and enemies have changed.
10-30-2015 02:52 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
So he is backing Assad? LOL
10-30-2015 02:57 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-30-2015 02:57 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  So he is backing Assad? LOL

I believe most US military action is centered around the Kurdish forces and the Pershmerga in the region fighting - directly - against Daesh.
10-30-2015 03:00 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Wait... will our Special Forces soldiers be teamed up with the US-backed rebels that Russia is currently annihilating in Syria, instead of ISIS?
10-30-2015 03:00 PM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(10-30-2015 02:52 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  

Blatantly untrue. You forget that we've had Democrats not named Obama in office before.

Not, not at all.

Difference is that the anti-war left actually used to similarly bash Republicans AND Democrats for entering/perpetuating wars.

Now they're a bunch of mindless "Republicans are da debil" dickhead pawns of the liberal establishment. They were also completely silent when Obama tripled troop levels in Afghanistan.
10-30-2015 03:01 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-30-2015 03:01 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  

Blatantly untrue. You forget that we've had Democrats not named Obama in office before.

Not, not at all.

Difference is that the anti-war left actually used to similarly bash Republicans AND Democrats for entering/perpetuating wars.

Now they're a bunch of mindless "Republicans are da debil" dickhead pawns of the liberal establishment. They were also completely silent when Obama tripled troop levels in Afghanistan.

No, they weren't silent. The majority just out-shouted them, and the mainstream media - which isn't as leftist as you might think - refused to air their complaints.
10-30-2015 03:02 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(10-30-2015 03:02 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  
(10-30-2015 03:01 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  

Not, not at all.

No, they weren't silent. The majority just out-shouted them, and the mainstream media - which isn't as leftist as you might think - refused to air their complaints.

They were silent. You know it and I know it. They couldn't quell their Obama worship long enough to yell about it.
10-30-2015 03:05 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
I normally support Obama.

But, unless there's some very specific, and very obvious reason to do this, I'm not going to agree with this. I don't have all the intel, but my first pass at this is...not what I would do unless there's something I don't know.
10-30-2015 03:07 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-30-2015 03:05 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  They were silent. You know it and I know it. They couldn't quell their Obama worship long enough to yell about it.

Let's be honest, there's clearly partisanship involved. There's no doubt about that. It's just what happens. Do you think that the GOP leadership / activists would be so gung ho on super high tax cuts with a moderate GOP president and Democratic congress, to shift the situation over to the other side? I imagine the cries for huge tax reductions and restructuring would disappear for the most part.
10-30-2015 03:11 PM
Advertisement

Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
Maybe this is a great time for congress to step in and, you know, do their jobs.
10-30-2015 03:22 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-30-2015 03:00 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Wait... will our Special Forces soldiers be teamed up with the US-backed rebels that Russia is currently annihilating in Syria, instead of ISIS?

We are going to rub shoulders with the Russians before it's over with. Will be interesting to see how that all plays out.
10-30-2015 03:30 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Damned if you do and damned if you don't. People complain when he doesn't do something and then complain when he does something.

I absolutely love it.
10-30-2015 03:32 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Boots on the ground in Syria, huh?

So, who's side are we on?
10-30-2015 03:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.