Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GAMEDAY NIU
Bookmark and Share
2Intense Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EMU
GAMEDAY NIU
I hope we see something to build on today and everyone goes home healthy.

#Beat NIU

Go Eagles!
10-24-2015 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

2Intense Offline
2nd String

RE: GAMEDAY NIU
?

Everybody give up on them?

No comments on the game?
10-24-2015 03:24 PM
emdypo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: emu eagles
nope, i'm watching. Offense has picked up first downs, just can't finish drives. Defense looks as bad as usual. Stupid penalties are EMU's new way of giving up yards on Defense.
10-24-2015 03:31 PM
2Intense Offline
2nd String

At beginning of 2nd quarter, Northern Illinois is 9 for 11 on 3rd down conversions and 1 for 1 on 4th down. Ugh!
10-24-2015 03:38 PM
emdypo Offline
2nd String

Wow, the defense is actually worse, the injuries have made it impossible for them to even compete. EMU's linebackers and secondary are getting blocked 5-10 yards down field and can't get off of the block.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2015 03:41 PM by emdypo.)
10-24-2015 03:41 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Not much to say.

One thing I'm wondering: If we kidnapped the entire Adrian football team and put them on the field today wearing EMU uniforms, would they do any worse?
10-24-2015 03:50 PM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2015 03:41 PM)emdypo Wrote:  Wow, the defense is actually worse, the injuries have made it impossible for them to even compete. EMU's linebackers and secondary are getting blocked 5-10 yards down field and can't get off of the block.

Are Ibe and Dawson the only senior starters on D? Can only hope that with 9 returning starters next year plus O'conner, Zappone, and Harris that things will get better. Need to recruit about 5 JUCO's though.
10-24-2015 03:52 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

Penalties are the concern. Shows lack of discipline and can be partially blamed on coaching.
2Intense Offline
2nd String

Defense makes me sick but if the Offense can't finish drives and put some points in the board, Reggie will surely be back at QB next week.
emdypo Offline
2nd String

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Fire McCaslin. His kids have quit on him. They are going through the motions. No energy, nobody is getting up field. Its hard to watch.
10-24-2015 03:55 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(10-24-2015 03:52 PM)2Intense Wrote:  Defense makes me sick but if the Offense can't finish drives and put some points in the board, Reggie will surely be back at QB next week.

Don't need Bell back starting. Get him in there on the read option and mix him in the offense in some creative ways for 5-7 plays per half. Start with that.
10-24-2015 03:57 PM
Advertisement

emdypo Offline
2nd String

Two Plays 75 yards. I mean c'mon does anyone not see that the kids on Defense are not giving 100 percent. McCaslin has to be ashamed of himself and this defense. I can't wait for the postgame press conference where Creighton will talk about how disappointed he is with the effort, and congratulate NIU and then talk about missed tackles and finishing drives blah blah blah. This team is two to three years away from competing on defense.
10-24-2015 04:03 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

Absolutely hate how McCaslin just sits in his base defense with this zone concept as well. No man coverage, no blitzes, no QB pressure, nobody EVER in the backfield. If you're going down, at least go down swinging.

35-0, I'm done.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys!
10-24-2015 04:04 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2015 04:03 PM)emdypo Wrote:  Two Plays 75 yards. I mean c'mon does anyone not see that the kids on Defense are not giving 100 percent. McCaslin has to be ashamed of himself and this defense. I can't wait for the postgame press conference where Creighton will talk about how disappointed he is with the effort, and congratulate NIU and then talk about missed tackles and finishing drives blah blah blah. This team is two to three years away from competing on defense.

First niu position 17 plays.
10-24-2015 04:05 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Absolutely another butt kicking!

Forget about us getting any quality football recruits unless we beat UMass and Miami. If the program does not seem to be heading in the right direction, no "good" recruits will come. No athletes, poor coaching, and the worse football stadium in D1 translates to death in football.
10-24-2015 07:25 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Everyone here is in denial but the FACT is that English won 6 games and was VERY COMPETITIVE in nearly every game they played in his third year. Let's be fair and hold Chris Creighton to the same standard. No more damn excuses for him and no more, "he's a good coach" nonsense. Either he produces on the field or he doesn't. He's gotten his a** handed to him 12 times in the 20 games he's coached at EMU and that is a FACT.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 07:09 AM by Bob Wickersham.)
10-24-2015 08:28 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

(10-24-2015 08:28 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Everyone here is in denial but the FACT is that English won 6 games and was VERY COMPETITIVE in nearly every game they played in his third year. Let's be fair and hold Chris Creighton to the same standard. No more damn excuses for him and no more, "he's a good coach" nonsense. Either he produces on the field or he doesn't. He's gotten his a** handed to him 12 times in the 20 games he's coached at EMU and that is a FACT.

English was a POS loser.....that is a FACT.
10-24-2015 09:55 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2015 09:55 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(10-24-2015 08:28 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  Everyone here is in denial but the FACT is that English won 6 games and was VERY COMPETITIVE in nearly every game they played in his third year. Let's be fair and hold Chris Creighton to the same standard. No more damn excuses for him and no more, "he's a good coach" nonsense. Either he produces on the field or he doesn't. He's gotten his a** handed to him 12 times in the 20 games he's coached at EMU and that is a FACT.

English was a POS loser.....that is a FACT.
That actually is an OPINION. You deserve Creighton and all the blowout losses you get. This program is toast.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 07:09 AM by Bob Wickersham.)
10-25-2015 07:06 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

NIU hired Joe Novak in 1996. They won a total of 3 games in his first 3 years before climbing to 5 wins in year 4. Think any NIU fans were being critical of his performance in those first few years?
10-25-2015 08:06 AM
masttg Offline
1st String

Facts are wasted on BW. He KNOWS.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
10-25-2015 08:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.