Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arkansas State-Louisiana Lafayette football game last night
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Arkansas State-Louisiana Lafayette football game last night
I watched on ESPN2, and was really surprised with all the empty seats at a game against their supposedly most hated football rival. The listed attendance was 20,495. I believe I've read that their stadium seats about 33,000. That's pretty pitiful for a school who believes that they are a major football program. The upper deck on the visitor side was practically empty, that lower deck wasn't close to being full. The end zone seats looked pretty well empty, and I saw one shot of the upper deck on the press box side that looked real thin.

Looked a lot like the Jack at most of our games the last few years. And like ASU against Lafayette last night, we can't even sell out the Jack with several thousand ASU fans in attendance. I'm really anxious to see what our crowds are going to look like this year. I'd also be interested to see how our season ticket sales compare with last seasons.
10-21-2015 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Petersonisaclown Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Arkansas State-Louisiana Lafayette football game last night
They might draw more folks if they don't play on Tuesday night. Unless you live in Jonesboro why drive 2 + hours for a weeknight game when you can sit at home and watch it on tv.
10-21-2015 01:54 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-21-2015 01:30 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  I watched on ESPN2, and was really surprised with all the empty seats at a game against their supposedly most hated football rival. The listed attendance was 20,495. I believe I've read that their stadium seats about 33,000. That's pretty pitiful for a school who believes that they are a major football program. The upper deck on the visitor side was practically empty, that lower deck wasn't close to being full. The end zone seats looked pretty well empty, and I saw one shot of the upper deck on the press box side that looked real thin.

Looked a lot like the Jack at most of our games the last few years. And like ASU against Lafayette last night, we can't even sell out the Jack with several thousand ASU fans in attendance. I'm really anxious to see what our crowds are going to look like this year. I'd also be interested to see how our season ticket sales compare with last seasons.

I think we are close to last year's season ticket total, but have a month to make a late push. Selling tickets in this town is tough, but Chasse and company are working their butts off. I think we will see a real change in student support this year. I have little patience, but I keep telling myself that increasing paid attendance will take some time. I bought an extra ticket, made my son buy a ticket, and sold a couple to friends. I guess that's a start.
10-21-2015 08:14 PM
Advertisement

LRDiehard Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Little Rock
(10-21-2015 08:14 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(10-21-2015 01:30 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  I watched on ESPN2, and was really surprised with all the empty seats at a game against their supposedly most hated football rival. The listed attendance was 20,495. I believe I've read that their stadium seats about 33,000. That's pretty pitiful for a school who believes that they are a major football program. The upper deck on the visitor side was practically empty, that lower deck wasn't close to being full. The end zone seats looked pretty well empty, and I saw one shot of the upper deck on the press box side that looked real thin.

I think we are close to last year's season ticket total, but have a month to make a late push. Selling tickets in this town is tough, but Chasse and company are working their butts off. I think we will see a real change in student support this year. I have little patience, but I keep telling myself that increasing paid attendance will take some time. I bought an extra ticket, made my son buy a ticket, and sold a couple to friends. I guess that's a start.

If everyone did that, we would be sold out.
10-21-2015 09:37 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(10-21-2015 09:37 PM)LRDiehard Wrote:  
(10-21-2015 08:14 PM)mjs Wrote:  

If everyone did that, we would be sold out.

I think LRTrojan is being a little rough on ASU, and trust me, that is not easy for me to say! College football was never intended to be played on Thursday night, let alone Tuesday night. Come on! The whole arrangement is to provide programing and events for the Gorilla ESPN. I don't really fault fans for not showing up on a Tuesday night for a four hour televised football game on a Tuesday night.

And give Chase and Coach Beard a chance will you! We haven't played one game under the new regime to show the public at large how different things are from the previous regime. Have more patience.
10-21-2015 11:49 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-21-2015 11:49 PM)PTJR Wrote:  I think LRTrojan is being a little rough on ASU, and trust me, that is not easy for me to say! College football was never intended to be played on Thursday night, let alone Tuesday night. Come on! The whole arrangement is to provide programing and events for the Gorilla ESPN. I don't really fault fans for not showing up on a Tuesday night for a four hour televised football game on a Tuesday night.

And give Chase and Coach Beard a chance will you! We haven't played one game under the new regime to show the public at large how different things are from the previous regime. Have more patience.

You're probably right about the games on weekdays, but you haven't heard a negative peep out of me about Chase since he fired Shields, and I've never said anything negative about Coach Beard. Therefore, I believe you're being a little rough on me about them. I'm quietly waiting and watching, and hopeful, and excited about this coming season.
10-22-2015 10:43 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-22-2015 10:43 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(10-21-2015 11:49 PM)PTJR Wrote:  I think LRTrojan is being a little rough on ASU, and trust me, that is not easy for me to say! College football was never intended to be played on Thursday night, let alone Tuesday night. Come on! The whole arrangement is to provide programing and events for the Gorilla ESPN. I don't really fault fans for not showing up on a Tuesday night for a four hour televised football game on a Tuesday night.

You're probably right about the games on weekdays, but you haven't heard a negative peep out of me about Chase since he fired Shields, and I've never said anything negative about Coach Beard. Therefore, I believe you're being a little rough on me about them. I'm quietly waiting and watching, and hopeful, and excited about this coming season.

I think the second comment, about having patience, was addressed to me. I will try, but it is hard when I see Chasse and his staff working so hard. I would like to see some "immediate" rewards for his efforts, but I do realize it is a "process". Getting the paper to call us Little Rock would be a start. Also interesting that Wally praised Coach Shields, the ex-Little Rock coach, in the paper today. When was the last time he mentioned his name when he actually was our coach?
10-22-2015 10:52 AM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(10-22-2015 10:52 AM)mjs Wrote:  

I think the second comment, about having patience, was addressed to me. I will try, but it is hard when I see Chasse and his staff working so hard. I would like to see some "immediate" rewards for his efforts, but I do realize it is a "process". Getting the paper to call us Little Rock would be a start. Also interesting that Wally praised Coach Shields, the ex-Little Rock coach, in the paper today. When was the last time he mentioned his name when he actually was our coach?

You are correct. The patience comment was in response to your post, not LRTrojan's. I know you want immediate results, but there is a ton of damage to repair from the disaster that Peterson left behind. The product and results that Coach Beard will put on the floor will go a long way in helping the restoration job. And are you really surprised that Hall only mentions a Little Rock coach after he is no longer around?
10-22-2015 12:00 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-22-2015 12:00 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(10-22-2015 10:52 AM)mjs Wrote:  

You are correct. The patience comment was in response to your post, not LRTrojan's. I know you want immediate results, but there is a ton of damage to repair from the disaster that Peterson left behind. The product and results that Coach Beard will put on the floor will go a long way in helping the restoration job. And are you really surprised that Hall only mentions a Little Rock coach after he is no longer around?

Sorry Peter, it was in the same post and I assumed it was directed to me.
10-22-2015 12:39 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

You might want to stick to basketball... 20K is a great crowd for a Tuesday Night. I'm pretty sure that might be the highest attended Tuesday Night game that ESPN has had.

Thursday's, you can draw for, Saturday's obviously, but there is little chance to get a strong crowd on a Tuesday.
10-24-2015 12:20 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

No way a college football game should be played on a Tuesday night. That's totally ridiculous. Actually, IMO, they should all be on Saturday afternoons at 2:30 P.M. the way they were when I was a kid back when they played with square footballs, carved out of stone, and Fred Flintstone was a legendary coach! Actually, they did play some night games early in the season when it was very hot in Texas.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 10:31 AM by outsideualr.)
10-25-2015 10:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.