Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Reaction: NIU - Boston College
Bookmark and Share
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
http://www.hustlebelt.com/2015/9/28/9412...on-college

And just so everyone is aware, the author is me.

Also, if MD comments on this, I ask that you please do not respond to him. I have him on my permanent ignore list.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 08:23 PM by BarsemaBone2.)
09-28-2015 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
RE: Reaction: NIU - Boston College
Quote:Case in point, NIU getting smashed by Bowling Green in the 2013 MACC hurt far less than losing heartbreakers to Miami and Akron in 2010 and 2005 respectively.

Really? NIU was headed to the Orange Bowl again if they would have beat BGSU!
09-28-2015 08:35 PM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

Re: RE: Reaction: NIU - Boston College
(09-28-2015 08:35 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:Case in point, NIU getting smashed by Bowling Green in the 2013 MACC hurt far less than losing heartbreakers to Miami and Akron in 2010 and 2005 respectively.

You're not an NIU fan, so you wouldn't understand why it's a true statement.
09-28-2015 08:36 PM
NIU8484 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
(09-28-2015 08:36 PM)BarsemaBone2 Wrote:  

You're not an NIU fan, so you wouldn't understand why it's a true statement.

Absolutely...NIU was undefeated they would have faced Baylor in a New Year's Day bowl, instead they lost and UCF went...that's why that lost sucked d*ck so much, the MAC and NIU would have really benefitted from NIU winning that game, financially and image wise
09-28-2015 09:37 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
The two most disappointing losses for me as a Huskie fan in terms of heartbreak were the Orange Bowl and the MACC vs Bowling Green when a BCS bowl was on the line.
09-28-2015 09:44 PM
thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
i don't know. there were so many heartbreaking losses. the orange bowl was bad, the 2013 MACC was, but I think the 2005 and 2010 MACC were up there along with the most recent U of I loss and OSU and Boston losses. The Orange Bowl and 13 MACC hurt but it was a slow burn, watching the game unfold it was like a relationship going down the tubes slowly. So much work, so much heart all slowly withering away.

But 2005, 2010 and U of I/OSU and Boston losses were harsh. Last second plays that didnt connect while we had extra opportunities given to us and snatched away.
09-28-2015 09:51 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

(09-28-2015 09:51 PM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  i don't know. there were so many heartbreaking losses. the orange bowl was bad, the 2013 MACC was, but I think the 2005 and 2010 MACC were up there along with the most recent U of I loss and OSU and Boston losses. The Orange Bowl and 13 MACC hurt but it was a slow burn, watching the game unfold it was like a relationship going down the tubes slowly. So much work, so much heart all slowly withering away.

But 2005, 2010 and U of I/OSU and Boston losses were harsh. Last second plays that didnt connect while we had extra opportunities given to us and snatched away.

2010 hurt really really bad on the way home from Detroit that night
09-28-2015 09:56 PM
Advertisement

badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

The 2005 MAC loss to Akron was devastating to me. We were the better team but Getsey and Hixson torched us. A good passing game can overcome superior personnel. It's loike a good shooting team in hoops. You gave a shooter's chance. I'll never forget ESPN's closeup of Wolfe when the scored with 30 seconds left... Heartbreaking. The 2003 loss to Toledo was also extremely painful. The third-and-33 was unfathomable. A gut wrencher. Those losses were hard because we really weren't used to winning big games in the MAC. I wanted it for Novak and the players so badly. The fact they never got it done is still a little painful but they laid the foundation for the MAC success we've enjoyed. I'm upset that we haven't had that signature win at the national level -- beating FSU or Ohio State. But maybe those losses will give our program the motivation to win a signature game in the near future.
09-28-2015 10:19 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

(09-28-2015 10:19 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  The 2005 MAC loss to Akron was devastating to me. We were the better team but Getsey and Hixson torched us. A good passing game can overcome superior personnel. It's loike a good shooting team in hoops. You gave a shooter's chance. I'll never forget ESPN's closeup of Wolfe when the scored with 30 seconds left... Heartbreaking. The 2003 loss to Toledo was also extremely painful. The third-and-33 was unfathomable. A gut wrencher. Those losses were hard because we really weren't used to winning big games in the MAC. I wanted it for Novak and the players so badly. The fact they never got it done is still a little painful but they laid the foundation for the MAC success we've enjoyed. I'm upset that we haven't had that signature win at the national level -- beating FSU or Ohio State. But maybe those losses will give our program the motivation to win a signature game in the near future.

The signature wins are what separates NIU and Boise. We have had too many "morale victories" and not enough statement wins. At least we have won some notable B10 games, but those teams ended up being below or near .500.
09-28-2015 10:48 PM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

(09-28-2015 08:23 PM)BarsemaBone2 Wrote:  http://www.hustlebelt.com/2015/9/28/9412...on-college

And just so everyone is aware, the author is me.

Also, if MD comments on this, I ask that you please do not respond to him. I have him on my permanent ignore list.

I like this one.
09-28-2015 11:19 PM
Advertisement

VegasHuskie Offline
Special Teams

I believe it would have been the Fiesta Bowl, but that's splitting hairs. Barsema is out of his mind. The Bowling Green loss in 2013 is the single most heartbreaking loss the program has ever had. It would have been two consecutive top tier bowls. Jordan Lynch would have won the Heisman. It cost the MAC and our University millions of dollars. It would have elevated our program to places unimaginable. Instead, we had a pathetic loss to Utah State a couple weeks later in, what was it, the Poinsettia Bowl?
09-28-2015 11:33 PM
PrideinthePack Offline
1st String

Lynch wouldn't have won the Heisman.
09-28-2015 11:42 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(09-28-2015 11:33 PM)VegasHuskie Wrote:  

I believe it would have been the Fiesta Bowl, but that's splitting hairs. Barsema is out of his mind. The Bowling Green loss in 2013 is the single most heartbreaking loss the program has ever had. It would have been two consecutive top tier bowls. Jordan Lynch would have won the Heisman. It cost the MAC and our University millions of dollars. It would have elevated our program to places unimaginable. Instead, we had a pathetic loss to Utah State a couple weeks later in, what was it, the Poinsettia Bowl?

Yeah thinking back, that MACC vs BGSU was the most crushing loss in my mind. I don't blame anyone for not showing up against Utah State, for what could have been with the BCS, how in the world do you get prepared for that game. I know if I was a player I would have rather stayed home.
09-28-2015 11:46 PM
VegasHuskie Offline
Special Teams

(09-28-2015 11:42 PM)PrideinthePack Wrote:  Lynch wouldn't have won the Heisman.

Maybe not, but it punched up my post a little so I added it. I think he might have, though. There were voters looking for a reason to not give it to Winston. The overachieving QB who led the mid-major Huskies to two consecutive BCS bowls would have been nice copy and enticed a lot of voters.
09-29-2015 12:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.