Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
Delaware
@ Blue Hens
7:30 Saturday
NBCSN
Tribeathletics for live audio

3-1 (2-0) would sure be nice.

So, Tribe fans, what are the keys to the game? If you mention "weather, " you're banned for a week!
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 10:17 AM by Tribal.)
09-28-2015 10:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hktribefan Offline
1st String

RE: Delaware
As someone on the other thread mentioned, they run a lot. When they throw, bad things (for them) happen. I think the offense continues to open up. The coaches have been effective at designing a game plan based on the opponent and sticking to that. Don't know much about UD's defense, but I hope there's more passing than last week. There were a few times against SBU where the passes didn't seem very sharp and maybe not being on the same page with the receivers. This could have been weather impacting throws, but it would be great to see the passing offense keep improving.
09-28-2015 10:27 AM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
It surely has been fun watching the offense evolve this year. No huddle. Read option. Wide receiver reverses. Wildcat. The short passes at the line of scrimmage to Dedmon that take advantage of his incredible speed. The reemergence of the tight end. I cannot remember the last time that I saw such imagination in the play calling. But at the end of the day we are winning because we are controlling both line of scrimmage and that is a beautiful thing to watch.
09-28-2015 10:48 AM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

I look for more of the same. Assignment football. It's amazing how good a team can be when each player executes their assignment.

Our biggest strength that allows every other position to do their job is our boys up front. I look for another dominating performance by our line on both sides.

Defensively, I expect a big game from DeAndre Houston-Carson in run support. Dulaney and Ludlow will fill in fine again and Luke will be dominant again to follow up from Stony Brook.

Mikal and Kendall will continue to pound the ball inside and break off a few for big yards.

Dedmon is our primary target, with Caskins emerging as a great option. Having to respect the TE will create opportunity for RB's and WR"s. My hope is that Cluley continues to move the ball around to all of the receivers. They have proven to run great routes and make great catches. Even if it is just one completion to a receiver. That diversity will pay dividends to the run game, and make our top receivers even more dangerous.

We left points on the field Saturday night. We get better in game #4 and finish two more drives. Tribe 38 Blue Hens 10
09-28-2015 11:17 AM
Paulbintheburg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tribe
I think the WEATHER played a big part in the game against Stony Brook, even on #23's first TD, the WEATHER caused him to bobble the ball then secure it. So it is obvious the WEATHER can affect any football game, so to disregard the WEATHER would not be prudent.
09-28-2015 11:53 AM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Delaware is not good this year. Keep it simple, don't make dumb mistakes and we should win handily. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3:1 run to pass ratio on Saturday.
09-28-2015 01:02 PM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

HK and Paul are awful humans. I expected more of HK...Paul, not so much.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 01:24 PM by Tribal.)
09-28-2015 01:23 PM
Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
(09-28-2015 11:53 AM)Paulbintheburg Wrote:  I think the WEATHER played a big part in the game against Stony Brook, even on #23's first TD, the WEATHER caused him to bobble the ball then secure it. So it is obvious the WEATHER can affect any football game, so to disregard the WEATHER would not be prudent.

How would you know? You were warm, dry and cozy with that little dog.
09-28-2015 01:42 PM
Tribal Offline

Tribe now #22 in the Coaches' Poll and #25 in the STATS Poll.
09-28-2015 02:03 PM
62Indian Offline
Special Teams

(09-28-2015 10:48 AM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  It surely has been fun watching the offense evolve this year. No huddle. Read option. Wide receiver reverses. Wildcat. The short passes at the line of scrimmage to Dedmon that take advantage of his incredible speed. The reemergence of the tight end. I cannot remember the last time that I saw such imagination in the play calling. But at the end of the day we are winning because we are controlling both line of scrimmage and that is a beautiful thing to watch.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
HEAR! HEAR!
09-28-2015 02:15 PM
tribe_pride Offline
1st String

(09-28-2015 02:03 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Tribe now #22 in the Coaches' Poll and #25 in the STATS Poll.

and #13 in the AGS poll
09-28-2015 02:18 PM
Advertisement

TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(09-28-2015 02:18 PM)tribe_pride Wrote:  
(09-28-2015 02:03 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Tribe now #22 in the Coaches' Poll and #25 in the STATS Poll.

and #13 in the AGS poll
Not a big fan of the polls. We are still 5th in the conference according to the polls with JMU, Villanova, UR, and New Hampshire ranked ahead of us. Nothing to worry about since we still have to play all 4.

Stats poll article today indicates our schedule is brutal and that they do not expect JMU to even be tested until they come to Williamsburg on Halloween. Our history at Delaware and at Villanova should prevent us from looking ahead. Taking care of the next 2 road tests will be difficult, but hard nosed defense and good o-line play travels well.

As for the game this Saturday, a fast start similar to the one we got this past Saturday would be great. We definitely want to force Delaware into passing situations. I think the Blue Hens are better than predicted before the season. The Delaware defensive front appears to be pretty good as well.
09-28-2015 02:30 PM
Paulbintheburg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tribe
(09-28-2015 01:42 PM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  
(09-28-2015 11:53 AM)Paulbintheburg Wrote:  I think the WEATHER played a big part in the game against Stony Brook, even on #23's first TD, the WEATHER caused him to bobble the ball then secure it. So it is obvious the WEATHER can affect any football game, so to disregard the WEATHER would not be prudent.

How would you know? You were warm, dry and cozy with that little dog.

Yes, I was also coordinating traffic control from my recliner.
09-28-2015 02:43 PM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

If our big guys can continue their high level of play and we avoid serious injuries, we will be fine.
09-28-2015 02:59 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

Game notes up, Reves and MAS both listed as starting, glad whatever they had was apparently minor. Saw on the SBU thread someone noted Jones was out for part of the game, he's also listed as starting this week. Fetters and Haislip still out.
09-28-2015 04:06 PM
wanm65 Offline
Special Teams

UD lists 4 FR starters & 8 more 2 deep.

And a number of RFRs.

Plenty of guys to make mistakes COGS02-13-banana
09-29-2015 05:22 AM
Advertisement

SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
Delaware
I'll finally get to see what all this hub bub is about. Here's hoping it's the gutty little hen's who lay the eggs.
09-29-2015 09:34 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
The tropical storm might be our toughest opponent Saturday. I know Tribal loves the weather factor.
09-29-2015 12:28 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Delaware doesn't have a QB, lost to Jacksonville this year (JACKSONVILLE!), and Brock is a moron who should be fired after the season. I will be astonished if we don't win and it should be a rout.
09-29-2015 01:40 PM
wrnbldg Offline
Bench Warmer

I know the views of posters don't impact outcomes. But I always get nervous when I read a lot of bravado about a game on this board. It seems we find a way to lose a lot of those "can't lose" games. Would everyone mind indulging my illogical superstitions and remain somewhere between pessimistic and guardedly optimistic?
09-29-2015 01:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.