Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Surrender: San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
"The proposed new city regulations, which could only be aimed at High Bridge Arms, would have required the shop to take and preserve video of all transactions and turn customers' personal data over to police on a weekly basis."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/24/sur...tcmp=hpbt3
09-24-2015 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Surrender: San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations
(09-24-2015 04:04 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  "The proposed new city regulations, which could only be aimed at High Bridge Arms, would have required the shop to take and preserve video of all transactions and turn customers' personal data over to police on a weekly basis."

You can't create laws that make it hard to run an abortion clinic, which isn't a specifically enumerated right, but you can do it to run gun shops out of business and gun ownership is an enumerated right.

Sounds about right for California and the overall American extreme left wing.
09-24-2015 04:07 PM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing
(09-24-2015 04:07 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(09-24-2015 04:04 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  "The proposed new city regulations, which could only be aimed at High Bridge Arms, would have required the shop to take and preserve video of all transactions and turn customers' personal data over to police on a weekly basis."

You can't create laws that make it hard to run an abortion clinic, which isn't a specifically enumerated right, but you can do it to run gun shops out of business and gun ownership is an enumerated right.

So what do they do when the gun shop closes and gun violence continues? Oh that's right, blame someone else.
09-24-2015 06:45 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Unlike right wing abortion regulations, which are literally impossible to comply with in many places, the gun shop could have complied with the regulations easily and at a reasonable cost. How does one open an abortion clinic in Amarillo Texas? Or in Abilene? Oh, you literally can't. Unless you buy a hospital first. And they aren't for sale to Planned Parenthood.

And nothing in those regulations is against the constitution. I think it would be an excellent idea to enact that statewide. And make it a felony to not register a gun upon entry into California.

And SF is such a hell hole that its real estate market is completely gone, right? I think they're basically giving away places to live in SF. Oh, they aren't?
09-24-2015 06:45 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(09-24-2015 06:45 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Unlike right wing abortion regulations, which are literally impossible to comply with in many places, the gun shop could have complied with the regulations easily and at a reasonable cost. How does one open an abortion clinic in Amarillo Texas? Or in Abilene? Oh, you literally can't. Unless you buy a hospital first. And they aren't for sale to Planned Parenthood.

And nothing in those regulations is against the constitution. I think it would be an excellent idea to enact that statewide. And make it a felony to not register a gun upon entry into California.

Which amendment of the US Constitution specifically allows for abortion again?

Quote:And SF is such a hell hole that its real estate market is completely gone, right? I think they're basically giving away places to live in SF. Oh, they aren't?

I hope the real estate market in San Fran keeps growing. The more leftists that move there the better. When the big earthquake hits it will be a win/win for liberty everywhere.
09-24-2015 06:50 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
This is just california's way of controlling their population. Make it a s**thole to live in and people will move to other parts. Colorado is one such exodus destiny. In Texas they went to Austin. El Paso is getting pretty bad with "the liberal view" not there yet though. Thank God.
09-24-2015 06:51 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
A felony to own a tool but not to murder babies. Cool.
09-24-2015 06:51 PM
Leargh! Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Pirates!
02-13-banana04-rock03-woohoo04-drinky04-wine
09-24-2015 09:06 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(09-24-2015 06:51 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  This is just california's way of controlling their population. Make it a s**thole to live in and people will move to other parts. Colorado is one such exodus destiny. In Texas they went to Austin. El Paso is getting pretty bad with "the liberal view" not there yet though. Thank God.

You sound like okiedokie. Don't do that.
09-24-2015 09:09 PM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
People having the abortions should have to be on a registry or names in the the paper.
09-24-2015 09:15 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(09-24-2015 06:50 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(09-24-2015 06:45 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Unlike right wing abortion regulations, which are literally impossible to comply with in many places, the gun shop could have complied with the regulations easily and at a reasonable cost. How does one open an abortion clinic in Amarillo Texas? Or in Abilene? Oh, you literally can't. Unless you buy a hospital first. And they aren't for sale to Planned Parenthood.

Quote:And SF is such a hell hole that its real estate market is completely gone, right? I think they're basically giving away places to live in SF. Oh, they aren't?

I hope the real estate market in San Fran keeps growing. The more leftists that move there the better. When the big earthquake hits it will be a win/win for liberty everywhere.

Article III
14th Amendment
09-24-2015 09:43 PM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!

you're joking right?
09-24-2015 10:40 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(09-24-2015 09:43 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(09-24-2015 06:50 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Article III
14th Amendment

Don't see abortion mentioned a single time in either.

Try again.
09-24-2015 10:46 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I'm Puzzled that Tom has Strong feelings about Abortion to start with unless it's only because it's only a Liberal agenda for getting Liberals fired up for elections of Democrats.
09-25-2015 07:43 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
4% of em would have been gay. Don't you care Tom?

War on gays.
09-25-2015 08:01 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
While normally I am up in arms about **** like this, I long ago gave up on San Francisco. This is EXACTLY what rich San Francisco liberals want.

Normal Americans and little things like the Constitution are not going to keep a San Francisco liberal from obtaining that cheap sense of moral superiority that comes with riding in like a white knight.

Personally, I say let them eat their cake.
09-25-2015 08:53 AM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(09-25-2015 08:53 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  While normally I am up in arms about **** like this, I long ago gave up on San Francisco. This is EXACTLY what rich San Francisco liberals want.

Normal Americans and little things like the Constitution are not going to keep a San Francisco liberal from obtaining that cheap sense of moral superiority that comes with riding in like a white knight.

Personally, I say let them eat their cake.

This, and I would also add in, if an illegal is caught using a Gun in a violent crime, add 30 years to the sentence without parole.
09-25-2015 09:24 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

This from a city that won't abide by federal law to turn over criminal illegals. Hypocrisy at a high level.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 09:26 AM by VA49er.)
09-25-2015 09:26 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Your willingness to mis-state facts knows no bounds.

1) your interpretation of what it takes to open an abortion clinic is ludicrously wrong. It's so wrong, It's not even worth arguing with you anymore.

2) Similar laws have been declared unconstitutional many times. However, someone must be willing to spend the money to fight it, and I doubt it's important enough to do so in such a small area. The company can easily move to cheaper real-estate and keep the name and legacy... and customers for that matter if they want. Having a right to do business doesn't mean you have the right to do that business wherever you want. See strip clubs and churches or schools.... but it seems that they are simply tired of being targets.

As the article says, this is just one more example of people wanting to 'look' like they're addressing a problem, without actually doing so.
09-25-2015 10:28 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12

Then you haven't been to Texas. They have passed laws that makes it virtually impossible to have an abortion.
09-25-2015 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.