Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Questions for USA fans
Bookmark and Share
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Questions for USA fans
Hey ya'll, I recently spent about 4 days in Mobile for the first time this past week for business. I was rather impressed with the vibe the downtown area presented, most notably the Dauphin St area (good times my friends).

I am planning on making the trip for my Mountaineers' visit in December, my main question is what would you guys recommend we visit, eat at, in the LPS area for us the next time. I did drive by the stadium area on my trip but only basically to say I saw it.

BTW, I had no idea there was a college in town called Spring Hill. From the representations (women) I saw along the Dauphin Street scene you also wouldn't expect that school to have any religious affiliations. Very aggressive ladies too, but I'm not complaining about that. Maybe they saw us as different compared to the guys they are used to. I know this thread is worthless without pics, but just take my word.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 12:02 PM by ManOnABuffalo.)
09-19-2015 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Questions for USA fans
(09-19-2015 12:01 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  Hey ya'll, I recently spent about 4 days in Mobile for the first time this past week for business. I was rather impressed with the vibe the downtown area presented, most notably the Dauphin St area (good times my friends).

I am planning on making the trip for my Mountaineers' visit in December, my main question is what would you guys recommend we visit, eat at, in the LPS area for us the next time. I did drive by the stadium area on my trip but only basically to say I saw it.

BTW, I had no idea there was a college in town called Spring Hill. From the representations (women) I saw along the Dauphin Street scene you also wouldn't expect that school to have any religious affiliations. Very aggressive ladies too, but I'm not complaining about that. Maybe they saw us as different compared to the guys they are used to. I know this thread is worthless without pics, but just take my word.

I would not recommend eating anywhere around LPS. Eat anywhere on the causeway (Felix's is usually a good choice), just east of downtown, we have some of the best seafood you will find. I always recommend staying at the Battlehouse Hotel downtown as well.

My wife actually graduated from Spring Hill College, it's a fairly prestigious, but very small Catholic school. Very fun party school as well.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 01:06 PM by USAJag2011.)
09-19-2015 01:00 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

Spring Hill is the most expensive college in Alabama. It's a catholic school, but it isn't like the school is a Seminary. It's a liberal arts school.

You can visit the Jag Board closer to game time and get some great suggestions on what to do and eat. We have a very useful when thread we probably need to bump for this season buried somewhere on the board. But I would highly recommend Felix's Fish Camp on the Causeway. Just ask Atlanta Trojan. We have to eat there every time he is in town.
09-19-2015 02:03 PM
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-19-2015 01:00 PM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 12:01 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  Hey ya'll, I recently spent about 4 days in Mobile for the first time this past week for business. I was rather impressed with the vibe the downtown area presented, most notably the Dauphin St area (good times my friends).

I would not recommend eating anywhere around LPS. Eat anywhere on the causeway (Felix's is usually a good choice), just east of downtown, we have some of the best seafood you will find. I always recommend staying at the Battlehouse Hotel downtown as well.

My wife actually graduated from Spring Hill College, it's a fairly prestigious, but very small Catholic school. Very fun party school as well.

Ruth's Chris Steak House is not far from Ladd and is an excellent place to eat. Also Fuengo's Mexican, Ollies Midtown, and Dew Drop Inn and Shrimp Basket. If you plan on going to Felix's on the Causeway plan on an hour's wait to be seated.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 02:23 PM by JoeJag.)
09-19-2015 02:20 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Felix's.
09-19-2015 02:38 PM
Advertisement

HCJag Offline
All American

Felix's not only is good food, but also a good view of the Bay, battleship, and downtown, especially around sundown on a clear day. The Original Oyster House, Ed's Seafood Shed, Bluegill, and other seafood restaurants are lined up all along the causeway and they're all good. The Mediterranean Sandwich Shop (lunch), Royal Scam, Ollies, and Wintzell's are good places downtown. Lots of places on Airport Blvd in west Mobile also.

Some of the wildest girls I ever met were Catholic.
09-19-2015 02:53 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-19-2015 02:53 PM)HCJag Wrote:  Felix's not only is good food, but also a good view of the Bay, battleship, and downtown, especially around sundown on a clear day. The Original Oyster House, Ed's Seafood Shed, Bluegill, and other seafood restaurants are lined up all along the causeway and they're all good. The Mediterranean Sandwich Shop (lunch), Royal Scam, Ollies, and Wintzell's are good places downtown. Lots of places on Airport Blvd in west Mobile also.

Some of the wildest girls I ever met were Catholic.

Moe's BBQ, Dauphin & Spring Hill is good.
09-19-2015 03:13 PM
Advertisement

UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
Briquettes just off Airport may have the best bone in ribeye I have ever eaten.

Half Shells on Airport has Royal Reds to die for.
09-19-2015 07:04 PM
ManOnABuffalo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Thanks for the responses, I ate at Moe's while in town the food was pretty good. Definitely adding some of y'alls suggestions to the list.
09-19-2015 09:20 PM
Advertisement

Jag89 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: USA
(09-19-2015 09:20 PM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  Thanks for the responses, I ate at Moe's while in town the food was pretty good. Definitely adding some of y'alls suggestions to the list.

Be sure to check out the new Gulfquest National Maritime museum opening up next week. It's taken 5 years and $50 million to complete but the reviews look great. It's downtown on the Mobile river next to the cruise terminal.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015 09:38 AM by Jag89.)
09-20-2015 09:36 AM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
Questions for USA fans
Another BBQ place to try is The Brick Pit on Old Shell Road - it's actually not that far from the USA campus.
09-20-2015 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SkullyMaroo Offline

(09-20-2015 09:39 AM)chargeradio Wrote:  Another BBQ place to try is The Brick Pit on Old Shell Road - it's actually not that far from the USA campus.

If you come to Mobile and want BBQ, this. You can't beat The Brick Pit. It's one of those hole in the wall type places, but has been featured on the Travel Channel (and perhaps another channel as well). Get the pulled pork sandwich. They slow cook their pork for 30 hours and it's delicious.
09-20-2015 11:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.