Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Where would be ranked...
Bookmark and Share
NiuFootballfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Where would be ranked...
I know it's a LONG shot, but, let's say we beat OSU. Where would be ranked? Or would we be ranked?

I say we would be top 20. Somewhere in between 17-20.
09-18-2015 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU8484 Offline
All American

RE: Where would be ranked...
Think you are right on...
09-18-2015 09:36 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

26th ...and the reason will be because OSU really wasn't as good as everyone thought they were.
09-18-2015 09:41 AM
Kansacity88 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU, ILL, & ISU
I'd say around 17 or 18.
09-18-2015 09:44 AM
WeAreHuskies Offline
Bench Warmer

15th.
Win the last 9.
Ranked 4th after the MACC
#NationalChamps #JokingNotJoking
09-18-2015 09:55 AM
Advertisement

huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(09-18-2015 09:35 AM)NiuFootballfan Wrote:  I know it's a LONG shot, but, let's say we beat OSU. Where would be ranked? Or would we be ranked?

I say we would be top 20. Somewhere in between 17-20.

Agree. And, of course, o$u could suffer a "bad" home loss and still be national champs. See 2014.
09-18-2015 10:03 AM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
Ha, I bet OSU would still get more #1 votes than NIU.
09-18-2015 10:40 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(09-18-2015 10:40 AM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  Ha, I bet OSU would still get more #1 votes than NIU.

If you input NIU over OSU into Colley's site ( one of the old BCS computers) it jumps NIU from 40 to 2 and Ohio State from 2 to 43 hah. But yeah if the impossible happened I would suspect anywhere from 18 to 22.
09-18-2015 11:07 AM
NIU05 Online
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(09-18-2015 09:55 AM)WeAreHuskies Wrote:  15th.
Win the last 9.
Ranked 4th after the MACC
#NationalChamps #JokingNotJoking

+1. ...15th
09-18-2015 11:21 AM
Advertisement

Enaiu Offline
1st String

NIU would be ranked 15, OSU be ranked 10th
09-18-2015 11:25 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
Keep in mind that the Huskies will either (most likely) lose to the #1 team in the nation, or somehow beat someone that used to be ranked #1, until it became obvious that they were overrated. Also, an Ohio State loss will be viewed as OSU really being better than the team you saw play the Huskies, and unless they get dominated by NIU (I am now standing on the farthest leaf on the limb), will still be ranked higher than the Huskies. So, we first have to ask where Ohio State will be ranked if they lose.

I think a narrow victory by the Huskies would drop Ohio State off the list. They might slip in at #25, but could go down to 30. The Huskies would move up to the forties.

If the Huskies destroy Ohio State, both teams will end up in the thirties.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2015 11:53 AM by Huskie_Jon.)
09-18-2015 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-18-2015 11:51 AM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  Keep in mind that the Huskies will either (most likely) lose to the #1 team in the nation, or somehow beat someone that used to be ranked #1, until it became obvious that they were overrated. Also, an Ohio State loss will be viewed as OSU really being better than the team you saw play the Huskies, and unless they get dominated by NIU (I am now standing on the farthest leaf on the limb), will still be ranked higher than the Huskies. So, we first have to ask where Ohio State will be ranked if they lose.

I think a narrow victory by the Huskies would drop Ohio State off the list. They might slip in at #25, but could go down to 30. The Huskies would move up to the forties.

They wouldn't drop to 25 , the lowest they would conceivably drop to is around 15.
09-18-2015 11:56 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(09-18-2015 11:56 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(09-18-2015 11:51 AM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  Keep in mind that the Huskies will either (most likely) lose to the #1 team in the nation, or somehow beat someone that used to be ranked #1, until it became obvious that they were overrated. Also, an Ohio State loss will be viewed as OSU really being better than the team you saw play the Huskies, and unless they get dominated by NIU (I am now standing on the farthest leaf on the limb), will still be ranked higher than the Huskies. So, we first have to ask where Ohio State will be ranked if they lose.

They wouldn't drop to 25 , the lowest they would conceivably drop to is around 15.

I understand that we might as well be arguing whether Batman could beat up Spiderman, but if you look at those ranked (and just below ranked) teams who already have losses, their losses are more forgivable than losing to a MAC team.
09-18-2015 12:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-18-2015 12:06 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  

I understand that we might as well be arguing whether Batman could beat up Spiderman, but if you look at those ranked (and just below ranked) teams who already have losses, their losses are more forgivable than losing to a MAC team.

Dropping a number one that far though, it would never happen. Especially since Ohio State has a proven track record that they are national title contenders, they probably would not be penalized excessively even to losing to NIU. They would drop somewhere between 8 and 15
09-18-2015 12:10 PM
RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

Toledo is getting votes after beating the #18 team. If NIU were to beat the #1 team in the nation, there is no way they would NOT be ranked considering they are in like the 40's right now to begin with.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2015 12:11 PM by RedandBlackAttack.)
09-18-2015 12:10 PM
NIU17 Offline
All American

(09-18-2015 12:10 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(09-18-2015 12:06 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  

Dropping a number one that far though, it would never happen. Especially since Ohio State has a proven track record that they are national title contenders, they probably would not be penalized excessively even to losing to NIU. They would drop somewhere between 8 and 15
I agree. Both rankings depends on how the game goes. If we beat them with similar stats, then we would be taken more seriously and OSU would drop a little further. If they turn the ball over 4-5 more times than us and have 200+ more total yards, then people would think it was a fluke and we were lucky. Either way, we should be top 25 and everyone here would be super happy. And some embarrassed about getting the score tattooed on their ass.
09-18-2015 12:24 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
(09-18-2015 12:10 PM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  

Toledo is getting votes after beating the #18 team. If NIU were to beat the #1 team in the nation, there is no way they would NOT be ranked considering they are in like the 40's right now to begin with.

Thank you.
09-18-2015 03:05 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
It would depend on how good or bad each team played.

But my guess it would be due to turnovers + NIU playing their 1st half like their 2nd half, too. And OSU being off-point.

Most probable result:

#11 Ohio State
#16 NIU

Then OSU would be so pissed, WMU would get absolutely crushed. But hey, better to lose by 50 but have the MAC West beat them (#1 team in country), than to lose by a "mere" 28 and the MAC West champ losing by more.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2015 06:53 PM by toddjnsn.)
09-18-2015 06:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.