Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A win
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:
A win
Great way to start the season.....especially coming back like they did. Lot of room for improvement.....but first game under a new coach....I'll take a win any way I can get it.....especially the way some other AAC teams played!!!! Could be good for the team to know they can come back in a game after being down....they might need to do that more than once this year......and win!!!
09-05-2015 09:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
RE: A win
http://www.tulsahurricane.com/news/2015/...53923.aspx

The stats for the game are on the right side - pretty interesting.

The thing I think that stands out is that we were 50% successful on 3rd down and 100% on 4th. That shows me that under pressure, we executed better than they were able to defend. Again. our receivers were dominant.

BTW, we wouldn't have gone into overtime if we'd made that chip shot FG that hit the crossbar. An opportunity lost.

I heard (on rivals) that Keyarris G kind of saved the overtime when the ref miscalled the coin flip. KG corrected the ref which gave us the obvious decision of playing defense first. That may have saved the game right there. Kudos to "Key".

*BTW where was Atkinson. He either didn't play much or not at all. Is he injured? He would have caught that obvious TD pass the freshman muffed. IMO.

The crowd was fine, a little over 24,000, but a lot of them spent time looking for shade in the mid 90's temperature, then when we got ahead 21-7, obviously many left.

Nice win! I'm soooooo relieved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the AAC, the league did "OK" for the first week. But the marquee win was Temple beating Penn St. Our FAU win was probably the next best win this weekend. The bad loss was UCF tanking against FIU, a team they should never lose to. SMU losing to Baylor was no surprise and Tulane beaten by Duke was expected. The other AAC teams played mostly I-AA competition. The AAC record after week #1 is 9 wins 3 losses.

BTW did anyone catch Kansas being beaten by a I-AA school? South Dakota State. WOW!

Next up New Mexico. Another game we CAN win, but also CAN lose.

Go TU!
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 10:23 AM by rabidTU2.)
09-06-2015 10:46 AM
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

DP
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 08:52 PM by rabidTU2.)
09-06-2015 08:50 PM
Advertisement

rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

DP
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 10:25 AM by rabidTU2.)
09-07-2015 10:22 AM
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Looking over the stats......our defense has a Long ways to go, especially our defensive line. FAU isn't going to end up one of the top offensive teams in the nation but we almost made them look like that. I'll be watching to see some improvement next week.
09-07-2015 04:47 PM
TulsaEye Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa anon
The problem with the defense is it doesn't have enough talent, plus it has very little depth. Two or three players get hurt and the defense is in serious crap up to its knees. Coaches may wind up steeling from the offensive side to shore up the defense before the season is out. This has happened before. I don't see this years defense stopping anyone long.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 11:21 PM by TulsaEye.)
09-10-2015 11:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.