Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official Game Thread: Maryville College (L 21-28)
Bookmark and Share
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
Official Game Thread: Maryville College (L 21-28)
Date: September 10th, 2015

Time: 7:30 PM

Opponent: Maryville College (1-0, 0-0 USA South)

Place: Kermit-Tipton Stadium

Television: None

Webcast: SoCon Digital Network (Free)

Radio online: 640WXSM.com (Free)

Maryville College 2015 Schedule

Maryville College 2015-2016 Roster

Maryville College Message Board: None
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 09:21 PM by ETSUfan1.)
09-05-2015 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: Maryville College
Thanks for posting this! At the beach.
09-05-2015 07:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

RE: Official Game Thread: Maryville College
(09-05-2015 07:32 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Thanks for posting this! At the beach.
You're welcome! I'll actually be at this game this week.
09-05-2015 08:47 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

Get hype for next week with a recap of what the experience of the first game was like.

09-05-2015 10:28 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Official Game Thread: Maryville College
Maryville routed Berry in week 1. Who knows what to expect?
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 08:30 PM by ETSUfan1.)
09-06-2015 08:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
09-07-2015 12:44 PM
Advertisement

BucFyre Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
If anyone wants two tickets let me know. I can't be there this week.
09-08-2015 08:44 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

This is an interesting week for me.

It is supposed to rain on Thursday, so I wonder how we will play in the rain and how many fans will show up to watch us in the rain.

Obviously Maryville college is a smaller opponent with no scholarships. I would like to think that we could beat them by about the same margin that we got beat last Thursday. But who knows? Is the caliber player that we have that much better than what they have or are we simply giving scholarships to people from this region that would otherwise be playing at Maryville without a scholarship?

Finally, coach Torbush said in the most recent article that I read that he is still planning on playing both quarterbacks. Why? If that happens, I sure hope to see improvement from Sexton.

I believe that if we can beat Maryville College badly, that will help with fan support. I am not sure if the average student or casual fan seems Maryville College as being much different than KSU (or ETSU).
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 09:23 AM by etsubuc.)
09-08-2015 09:22 AM
Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

Any win is a good win this season. I agree with etsubuc, most fans won't care about the opponent's name as long as it is a W.
09-08-2015 10:14 AM
Etsubuc20 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-08-2015 09:22 AM)etsubuc Wrote:  This is an interesting week for me.

It is supposed to rain on Thursday, so I wonder how we will play in the rain and how many fans will show up to watch us in the rain.

Obviously Maryville college is a smaller opponent with no scholarships. I would like to think that we could beat them by about the same margin that we got beat last Thursday. But who knows? Is the caliber player that we have that much better than what they have or are we simply giving scholarships to people from this region that would otherwise be playing at Maryville without a scholarship?

Finally, coach Torbush said in the most recent article that I read that he is still planning on playing both quarterbacks. Why? If that happens, I sure hope to see improvement from Sexton.

I believe that if we can beat Maryville College badly, that will help with fan support. I am not sure if the average student or casual fan seems Maryville College as being much different than KSU (or ETSU).

I hope that playing two quarterbacks means he is planning on giving the job to Wieger next year. But I am biased and have known the kid since he was young. Thought he was good enough to go higher than ETSU but am happy because its my school.
09-08-2015 11:52 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Most people don't. For the longest time I was CONVINCED they were a Division II school, and it took really looking at their stuff to realize they're a D-3.
That being said they've got some good kids that can play a little ball. My frustration with the qb thing and it's always been this, if you get one that's in a good rhythm and you're moving the ball, go with it. Leave Herink in the game and see where it goes, if he begins to struggle then go back and pull the plug. Especially in this situation, where not many are talking about this but Herink is a lefty and Sexton a righty. That changes the entire dynamic of your offensive line. Suddenly with a lefty your most important OL is the right tackle, not the left. For backs and recievers catching the ball, it looks different coming at you with a left handing spin vs. a right.
I know it's one game, I know it's crazy to already be questioning an OC that's put multiple quarterbacks in the NFL, but it is very frustrating to see.
09-08-2015 02:38 PM
Advertisement

etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

How about just putting Sexton in during dead time if we blow Maryville out, Herink NEEDS to get the majority of the snaps. From what we have seen, he is the better overall QB and it should be that way. The blow-out could have less points in Herink was in the game because he looked like he handled the pressure and game management better than Sexton.
09-08-2015 02:45 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

Does anyone know if there will be a Coach's show tonight?
09-08-2015 04:22 PM
ETSU-07 Offline
2nd String

(09-08-2015 04:22 PM)bucfan81 Wrote:  Does anyone know if there will be a Coach's show tonight?

Bill Meade says 6 on the monster.
09-08-2015 04:40 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2015 04:40 PM)ETSU-07 Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 04:22 PM)bucfan81 Wrote:  Does anyone know if there will be a Coach's show tonight?

Bill Meade says 6 on the monster.

Thanks. I was starting to worry because Press had nothing about it in the radio listings. Always enjoy Jay and the Coach!
09-08-2015 04:53 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I think Coach T. did a good job talking about the game tonight. He explained that the coach for KSU told him that they went heavily on transfers because they were full competing members of the Big South this year and they are trying to win this year as opposed to building like we are doing. Also I believe they were recruiting before we started. Looking at things that way puts the game into proper perspective I think.
09-08-2015 08:12 PM
Advertisement

Buc66 Offline
All American

(09-08-2015 08:12 PM)bucfan81 Wrote:  I think Coach T. did a good job talking about the game tonight. He explained that the coach for KSU told him that they went heavily on transfers because they were full competing members of the Big South this year and they are trying to win this year as opposed to building like we are doing. Also I believe they were recruiting before we started. Looking at things that way puts the game into proper perspective I think.

And, verifies that they should never have been scheduled in the first place, at least not for the first game of the new program.
09-09-2015 10:01 AM
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
I like the challenge of playing KSU. I think, though, if ETSU knew little/nothing about KSU going into this game, don't schedule it as the home game opener following a 12 year (?) hiatus. I also like building, but I'm a believer that winning games creates opportunities for immediate growth through recruiting and fundraising.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 10:44 AM by shampoo.)
09-09-2015 10:44 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

(09-09-2015 10:44 AM)shampoo Wrote:  I like the challenge of playing KSU. I think, though, if ETSU knew little/nothing about KSU going into this game, don't schedule it as the home game opener following a 12 year (?) hiatus. I also like building, but I'm a believer that winning games creates opportunities for immediate growth through recruiting and fundraising.

Yea, that Vince Lombardi dude once said, "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing".
09-09-2015 02:17 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 03:25 PM by etsuandpurdue3.)
09-09-2015 03:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.