Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who Will Be Our Starting QB at Kickoff?
Austin Herink
Nick Sexton
Someone Else
[Show Results]

Who Will Be Our Starting QB at Kickoff?
Bookmark and Share
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue,ETSU,G5
Who Will Be Our Starting QB at Kickoff?
I was reading the VIP SEEN/ETSU Football magazine, and while reading I was reading about our QB situation, and I wanted to see what you guys on here think about our QB situation. Do you'll think it'll be Herink, Sexton, or someone else? Personally I think Herink will be starter as he is more ready to be a college starter and has the better skill-set at the moment, and Torbush will redshirt Wieger and Williams. The other guys will be back-ups except Sexton until Herink graduates or other circumstances (preferably the former).
07-18-2015 12:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
RE: Who Will Be Our Starting QB at Kickoff?
It's either Herink or Wieger.
07-18-2015 01:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
We have Austin Herink, Nick Sexton and Hagen Owenby(who played baseball) all coming back at QB. I think Herink looked like the probable starter from the Spring game. But I have to remember we have a very talented young man ,Dylan Wieger, coming in as a Freshman. If he can make the jump from high school to college then I think he could be really special. As of now though, I think Austin may have the nod.
07-18-2015 09:26 AM
ETSU-07 Offline
2nd String

If Wieger is as good as advertised then I hope he redshirts so we'll have him for 4 seasons that really count.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2015 09:36 AM by ETSU-07.)
07-18-2015 09:35 AM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

(07-18-2015 09:35 AM)ETSU-07 Wrote:  If Wieger is as good as advertised then I hope he redshirts so we'll have him for 4 seasons that really count.
Yeah Wieger will most likely be redshirted to save as much talent/deptg as possible for when we begin SOCON league play, and because Herink is more ready to be a starting college QB (although that could change as we still have fall practice).
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2015 07:39 PM by etsuandpurdue3.)
07-18-2015 07:39 PM
Advertisement

bucdad Offline
Water Engineer

Make no mistake gentlemen..... this year DOES count. True there is no conference title on the line, but I wouldn't hold back any player that game me a chance to win THIS year. Win 'em all this year, and recruits will be beating the paint off the door to come here. Lots of eyes looking at JC right now to see what's gonna' happen. I say play your best 22 and make as big a splash as possible.
07-21-2015 10:18 AM
BigBobbyBuoy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU, UT
(07-21-2015 10:18 AM)bucdad Wrote:  Make no mistake gentlemen..... this year DOES count. True there is no conference title on the line, but I wouldn't hold back any player that game me a chance to win THIS year. Win 'em all this year, and recruits will be beating the paint off the door to come here. Lots of eyes looking at JC right now to see what's gonna' happen. I say play your best 22 and make as big a splash as possible.

I predict we will see mostly redshirt freshmen and upperclass transfers/JuCo kids play this year. Makes no sense to burn eligibility on kids you can develop to be better as the program improves. They'll be out-manned in several games regardless of who they put out there...so get through this season respectably, with everyone understanding what they're working with, and build out.
07-21-2015 01:16 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(07-21-2015 10:18 AM)bucdad Wrote:  Make no mistake gentlemen..... this year DOES count. True there is no conference title on the line, but I wouldn't hold back any player that game me a chance to win THIS year. Win 'em all this year, and recruits will be beating the paint off the door to come here. Lots of eyes looking at JC right now to see what's gonna' happen. I say play your best 22 and make as big a splash as possible.

I tend to agree. This strategic planning for a future team, if overdone, could backfire. Average fans will not, I repeat, will not understand, appreciate, or actually care about any season past the 2015 season. Most will not be there in 2015 with an eye on 2016 and/or 2017. They will be there to see football games and the home team going all out to win, nothing less. Like another poster pointed in another post, it is a tightrope act, red shirting and getting a 2015 winning team on the field at the same time. Bottom line, there is no substitute for winning.
07-21-2015 03:03 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

(07-21-2015 03:03 PM)Buc66 Wrote:  

I tend to agree. This strategic planning for a future team, if overdone, could backfire. Average fans will not, I repeat, will not understand, appreciate, or actually care about any season past the 2015 season. Most will not be there in 2015 with an eye on 2016 and/or 2017. They will be there to see football games and the home team going all out to win, nothing less. Like another poster pointed in another post, it is a tightrope act, red shirting and getting a 2015 winning team on the field at the same time. Bottom line, there is no substitute for winning.
Well that's why most of the home games we play are lower-level teams, fellow start-ups, or crappy low scholarship teams.
07-21-2015 06:16 PM
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

Just picked up the Game Time magazine and would recommend it to any fan. It is very well done.
07-22-2015 05:51 PM
BigBobbyBuoy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU, UT
(07-22-2015 05:51 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  Just picked up the Game Time magazine and would recommend it to any fan. It is very well done.

Nice publication to introduce the coaches and the season...and a few players to watch this season. Wish there was more about the rest of the team and the newcomers, but I honestly believe they don't know much about them to be able to discuss them with authority... Eager for August to get here and the real practices to begin.
07-28-2015 11:13 AM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State
As you learn more about the squad head over to Kennesaw State's fan site (KSU Owl Howl) to engage in some some friendly banter before our big game. Would love to hear some thoughts on some players we will be going up against in our innagural game.

in the meantime I'll answer anything i can regarding Kennesaw State's team here. It sounds like this new qb may make fall camp fun for you guys. How was Wieger ' s competition in high school?
07-28-2015 11:45 AM
RRTguy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU, WFU
07-28-2015 07:13 PM
Advertisement

etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

I see a couple people voted Nick Sexton to be different, but it's definitely down to Herink or Wieger, still think it's likely that Wieger gets a redshirt.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 08:10 PM by etsuandpurdue3.)
07-28-2015 08:10 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

From what it sounds like, Austin Herink will be the starter next Thursday.
08-25-2015 07:43 PM
prosec34 Offline
2nd String

Herink looks the part. I'd say it'll be his to lose.

The South kid wasn't getting reps with the first team during the scrimmage I watched, so I don't see why he's being discussed as a candidate. I'd guess he's a good candidate for a redshirt.
08-26-2015 12:31 PM
etsuandpurdue3 Offline
1st String

(08-26-2015 12:31 PM)prosec34 Wrote:  Herink looks the part. I'd say it'll be his to lose.

The South kid wasn't getting reps with the first team during the scrimmage I watched, so I don't see why he's being discussed as a candidate. I'd guess he's a good candidate for a redshirt.
I think he's already being redshirted, that's why he wasn't playing reps with the first team.
08-26-2015 01:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.