Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Min wage increase (lesson in cause/effect)
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Min wage increase (lesson in cause/effect)
http://news.investors.com/business/07061...s-rise.htm

I've lost count of how many times libs tried to say otherwise.
Quote:Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG) raised it prices in San Francisco as much as 14.4%, after the city raised its minimum wage by 14%, according to an analyst.
Quote:Chris Arnold, a spokesman for Chipotle, confirmed to the Chicago Tribune that the San Francisco pricing hike was “done in part to offset higher labor costs.” Pricing at Chipotles nationwide vary due to the cost of doing business, he said.
I wonder how San Franciscans feel about this file corporation seeking to profit off labor. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 02:05 PM by blunderbuss.)
07-11-2015 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Min wage increase (lesson in cause/effect)
(07-11-2015 02:02 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  http://news.investors.com/business/07061...s-rise.htm

Quote:Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG) raised it prices in San Francisco as much as 14.4%, after the city raised its minimum wage by 14%, according to an analyst.
Quote:Chris Arnold, a spokesman for Chipotle, confirmed to the Chicago Tribune that the San Francisco pricing hike was “done in part to offset higher labor costs.” Pricing at Chipotles nationwide vary due to the cost of doing business, he said.
I wonder how San Franciscans feel about this file corporation seeking to profit off labor. 07-coffee3

that earthquake can't happen quick enough, eh?

edit: seriously, there is truth to, 'as cali goes, so goes the rest of the nation'....this should be a real concern across the macro side of us economics....
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 02:11 PM by stinkfist.)
07-11-2015 02:08 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
If I had money to invest, I'd buy into that kiosk company.
07-11-2015 02:14 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(07-11-2015 02:14 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  If I had money to invest, I'd buy into that kiosk company.

There is a robot company as well. It can transfer racks of good from a warehouse to a packing station and back. They can also go and recharge themselves. They work 24/7/365.

Technologies like these are going to be more the norm from here on out.
07-11-2015 02:29 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-11-2015 02:29 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 02:14 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  If I had money to invest, I'd buy into that kiosk company.

There is a robot company as well. It can transfer racks of good from a warehouse to a packing station and back. They can also go and recharge themselves. They work 24/7/365.

it's self induced capt'n stabbin'

tech is going to be the final nail.....however, some 'entity' will absorb the pain of revolt....

however, I think he was pointing out immediate labor increase relative to consumer absorption....

either way, you're both right....
07-11-2015 02:36 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
If chipotle is too expensive for you, don't eat there. I don't.
07-11-2015 03:17 PM
Advertisement

mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(07-11-2015 03:17 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  If chipotle is too expensive for you, don't eat there. I don't.

You just made his point for him.
You suggest that he dine elsewhere to spend his dining dollars if he thinks Chipotle is too expensive.
If enough people do just what you are suggesting that he should do, that Chipotle franchise goes out of business.

Business A artificially raises the hourly wage in an area where Business A's product/service has direct competition,
causing the price of Business As' product or service to be increased to a price that is no longer competitive with its competition,
causing past consumers of said product/service to go to another business offering better value,
eventually causing Business A to go out of business.
07-11-2015 03:48 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I despise Chipotle so it wouldn't bother me.

That said, a 14% increase in prices overnight it pretty extreme.
07-11-2015 03:53 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(07-11-2015 03:17 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  If chipotle is too expensive for you, don't eat there. I don't.

The point...

_______

Your head...
07-11-2015 04:25 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Ummmmm
07-11-2015 04:59 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(07-11-2015 02:08 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 02:02 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  http://news.investors.com/business/07061...s-rise.htm

edit: seriously, there is truth to, 'as cali goes, so goes the rest of the nation'....this should be a real concern across the macro side of us economics....
Wow. Another right winger that likes to see innocent people die because they don't have the same political beliefs. Shocking.
07-11-2015 05:01 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(07-11-2015 03:53 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I despise Chipotle so it wouldn't bother me.

So is a 14% overnight increase in price for unskilled labor.
07-11-2015 05:01 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(07-11-2015 03:53 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I despise Chipotle so it wouldn't bother me.

Why despise Chipotle?
07-11-2015 05:04 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(07-11-2015 02:36 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 02:29 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

it's self induced capt'n stabbin'

tech is going to be the final nail.....however, some 'entity' will absorb the pain of revolt....

however, I think he was pointing out immediate labor increase relative to consumer absorption....

either way, you're both right....
I would say the taxpayer will pay the price but the only people with money will be the rich and we know they won't want to pay a dime so you will have a homeless problem like you would not believe.
07-11-2015 05:06 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(07-11-2015 03:48 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  

You suggest that he dine elsewhere to spend his dining dollars if he thinks Chipotle is too expensive.
If enough people do just what you are suggesting that he should do, that Chipotle franchise goes out of business.

Business A artificially raises the hourly wage in an area where Business A's product/service has direct competition,
causing the price of Business As' product or service to be increased to a price that is no longer competitive with its competition,
causing past consumers of said product/service to go to another business offering better value,
Then they go out of business. If Chipotle can't make it on their business model, so be it. There will be others who are willing to accept new customers. Btw, I like how it was explained that was only part of the reason. Can anybody guess the other reason(s)?
07-11-2015 05:13 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(07-11-2015 05:04 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

Why despise Chipotle?

I'm just not a fan of their food.
07-11-2015 05:16 PM
Advertisement

DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(07-11-2015 05:01 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 02:08 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Wow. Another right winger that likes to see innocent people die because they don't have the same political beliefs. Shocking.

Wow. Another left-winger expressing his phony outrage. Shocking.
07-11-2015 05:51 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(07-11-2015 05:13 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Then they go out of business. If Chipotle can't make it on their business model, so be it. There will be others who are willing to accept new customers. Btw, I like how it was explained that was only part of the reason. Can anybody guess the other reason(s)?

There will be others that will accept new customers? What the libtard tarnation are you talking about? Accepting new customers isnt the problem. NO COMPANY IS GOING TO LOSE MONEY. Thats the problem.

And its just like the liberal loons to be ok with businesses failing if they cant keep up with ridiculous labor increases. This is what leads to LESS competition. It's what leads to higher prices. It's what leads to the common person NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD food.

Do all liberals just knee jerk react without thinking of the consequences? Good grief, sometimes I think you liberal loons could f*ck up a one car funeral.
07-11-2015 05:56 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(07-11-2015 05:56 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

There will be others that will accept new customers? What the libtard tarnation are you talking about? Accepting new customers isnt the problem. NO COMPANY IS GOING TO LOSE MONEY. Thats the problem.

And its just like the liberal loons to be ok with businesses failing if they cant keep up with ridiculous labor increases. This is what leads to LESS competition. It's what leads to higher prices. It's what leads to the common person NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD food.

Do all liberals just knee jerk react without thinking of the consequences? Good grief, sometimes I think you liberal loons could f*ck up a one car funeral.
WTF are you talking about? Chipotle is not the only restaurant. There are other restaurants in SF that will be willing to accept the former Chipotle customers if Chipolte goes out of business. Personally, I think that people should eat at local businesses than franchise crap anyway.
07-11-2015 06:13 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(07-11-2015 05:56 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

You are just pissed because the price went up about $.16 and this will hurt your pocketbook.

Btw, what do you think your salary does for the cost of the goods and/or services you provide? You need to take a pay cut because people can no longer afford it and may put your company out of business.

BTW II, You do realize that the people who got the raise will be spending that money helping the economy and allowing for companies to hire MORE workers, right?

Maybe you should re-think the trickle down BS you believe in.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 06:32 PM by RobertN.)
07-11-2015 06:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.