Bookmark and Share
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Fifth Third Arena Renovation
Have at it....

http://ofcc.ohio.gov/Portals/0/Documents...15074A.pdf

BearcatJournal.com ‏@BearcatJournal 35m35 minutes ago
Thanks to @jcox_80 we've got what appear to be new/updated plans for the Shoemaker Center renovation project http://ofcc.ohio.gov/Portals/0/Documents...15074A.pdf

BearcatJournal.com ‏@BearcatJournal 32m32 minutes ago
A design team, local architect, and sports architect are currently under contract while any drawings are very conceptual per the document

BearcatJournal.com ‏@BearcatJournal 30m30 minutes ago
The project is currently only funded through the design stage, a decision to take it to construction is scheduled to be made in Aug.

BearcatJournal.com ‏@BearcatJournal 25m25 minutes ago
First page and a half is packed with detail on what the renovation could/will encompass, its sounds very very awesome

BearcatJournal.com ‏@BearcatJournal 23m23 minutes ago
Overall cost estimation is 80M w/ 56M for construction, projected start date would be March 2016 with finish date being Sept. 2017

BearcatJournal.com ‏@BearcatJournal 14m14 minutes ago
Estimated seating is just shy of 11,000

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 09:24 AM by Bearcat2012.)
06-23-2015 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Fifth Third Arena Renovation
That is a ton of work, looks really interesting. Big improvement.

06-23-2015 12:30 PM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Looks pretty badass if you ask me.

06-23-2015 12:31 PM
#BearcatNation Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
Sounds like there will likely be an announcement in August.

Although 12k sounds better, I'm fine with 10,818. The future is all about game experience. Everyone has a 60" HDTV these days with 70 cent beers at home. People go to the games to sit in comfortable seats with a beautiful view and A+ amenities. It looks like that's exactly what they're providing us with. Fantastic work here. Can't wait for this to be official.

06-23-2015 12:41 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
So we have
1) court level
2) main concourse
3) suite loge level
4) new upper concourse level

All 4 levels look have vastly improved circulation!

06-23-2015 12:41 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
This program is about to explode

06-23-2015 12:47 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

With a proposed $170M invested into facilities in the last 3 years, the administration has to have assurances from someone about something...no way they'd throw that kind of money around if they didn't with the state of Ohio cutting back higher education funding the way it has in the past decade.

06-23-2015 01:48 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(06-23-2015 01:48 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  With a proposed $170M invested into facilities in the last 3 years, the administration has to have assurances from someone about something...no way they'd throw that kind of money around if they didn't with the state of Ohio cutting back higher education funding the way it has in the past decade.

The money is accounted for with donations and the sale of luxury suites/premium seating. It isn't like they are just pulling money out of the general fund to cover these projects.

06-23-2015 01:53 PM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(06-23-2015 01:53 PM)subflea Wrote:  
(06-23-2015 01:48 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  With a proposed $170M invested into facilities in the last 3 years, the administration has to have assurances from someone about something...no way they'd throw that kind of money around if they didn't with the state of Ohio cutting back higher education funding the way it has in the past decade.

The money is accounted for with donations and the sale of luxury suites/premium seating. It isn't like they are just pulling money out of the general fund to cover these projects.

I know that, I'm simply saying, public policy perception of throwing $170M into athletics without assurances that the money will be recouped is not going to be super positive.

Before you bring it up, because I know you will, I understand that premium seating will account for those costs in a decade or so...it's the other people who don't that I'm worried about. We've already seen it a bit with that Reverse Robin Hood smear job that was in circulation a few months back, this will just be another feather in their cap if we are still in the same spot in 10 years and ticket sales begin to lag, or, worse yet, we have these two monstrosities in the middle of campus with no teams to play in them in 20 years (I realize that's dramatic, but you get my drift)

And the RFQ expressly states that funding has not yet been acquired for the build phase...so I'm thinking this will be paid for using general debt service much like VV was unless the AD wins the Powerball tonight.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2015 02:08 PM by BearcatMan.)
06-23-2015 02:06 PM
cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
Does it appear to everyone that there will be no more bench seating? It appears spectacular to me.

06-23-2015 02:08 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I hope these are the real deal. That looks outstanding.

06-23-2015 02:13 PM
Advertisement

RedRocker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, UK's foe
(06-23-2015 02:08 PM)cincybb51 Wrote:  Does it appear to everyone that there will be no more bench seating? It appears spectacular to me.

On the last print, they list 800+ "retractable" seats. My guess is those would be benches in the student area. Otherwise, chairbacks for everyone. My 40+ year old back approves of this! 03-thumbsup

Looks like a great plan. Can't wait to see the finished product just like Nippert.

06-23-2015 02:32 PM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
I have long been in the "5/3 is still pretty awesome" camp, but the more I see stuff like this the more pumped I get for something better.

06-23-2015 02:35 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Fricken-A

06-23-2015 02:45 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream

The only assurance they have is that doing something is bound to help their chances more than doing nothing.

06-23-2015 02:49 PM
indycat Offline
1st String

(06-23-2015 02:49 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  

The only assurance they have is that doing something is bound to help their chances more than doing nothing.

Well said. The University of Cincinnati continues to reinforce "hottest college in America" on so many fronts: academics, research and now premier athletic facilities. The key is to stay "top of mind" with other universities when realignment resumes--next month, next year or in ten years. University leadership is aggressively acting upon the elements within their control. That's all we can reasonably ask.

06-23-2015 02:56 PM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

Re: RE: Fifth Third Arena Renovation
(06-23-2015 02:49 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  The only assurance they have is that doing something is bound to help their chances more than doing nothing.

I think Whit said we were behind most non-BCS schools with regards to luxury seating and this had to be done regardless of conference affiliation.

06-23-2015 03:09 PM
Hammertime1523 Offline
Water Engineer

OT:
Did anyone else here that Mike Bohn will be on 700wlw on friday for an announcement??

06-23-2015 03:34 PM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
I LOVE THIS!

I truly like UC Football, but I truly LOVE UC basketball!!!!

Thanks to all who made this happen!

06-23-2015 03:46 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(06-23-2015 12:41 PM)#BearcatNation Wrote:  Sounds like there will likely be an announcement in August.

Although 12k sounds better, I'm fine with 10,818. The future is all about game experience. Everyone has a 60" HDTV these days with 70 cent beers at home. People go to the games to sit in comfortable seats with a beautiful view and A+ amenities. It looks like that's exactly what they're providing us with. Fantastic work here. Can't wait for this to be official.

I wouldn't get too locked in on that number with these plans being made up so far before construction begins. I would expect a few changes.

06-23-2015 04:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.