Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Solution Reached for CFP Army-Navy Game Issue
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Solution Reached for CFP Army-Navy Game Issue
They are going to wait until after the Army Navy game to issue the last CFP Selection Committee rankings. This means a top ranked Navy will not be eliminated from G5 access bowl consideration due to the fear they may lose the next week against Army.

https://twitter.com/mcmurphyespn/status/...9297211393

Edit---Article By Dennis Dodd

The College Football Playoff will hold a spot in affected New Year's Six bowls for one week after the traditional end of the regular season if Navy is worthy of receiving such a bid, CFP executive director Bill Hancock told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

The decision would essentially delay the college football postseason picture another week if Navy is in contention for the CFP's automatic berth that goes to the best Group of Five conference team.

The CFP had to account for Navy's move into the American Athletic Conference in 2015 as well as the Midshipmen's traditional game with Army played a week after the regular season. Both schools have said they would not budge off that date. This year, it is Dec. 12. For 126 other teams, the season ends Dec. 5, at the latest.

Only bowls affected by possible Navy inclusion will be held open, Hancock said. The FBS commissioners made the recommendation to the CFP board of managers (college presidents) at the annual Collegiate Commissioners Association meeting in Asheville, North Carolina. It is expected to be approved.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...-army-game
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2015 08:35 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-16-2015 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
RE: Solution Reached for CFP Army-Navy Game Issue
As it should be.
06-16-2015 06:04 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
I guess Craig Thompson can stop crying now.
06-16-2015 07:59 PM
Attackcoog Offline

More details from CBS Sports---

The College Football Playoff will hold a spot in affected New Year's Six bowls for one week after the traditional end of the regular season if Navy is worthy of receiving such a bid, CFP executive director Bill Hancock told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

The decision would essentially delay the college football postseason picture another week if Navy is in contention for the CFP's automatic berth that goes to the best Group of Five conference team.

The CFP had to account for Navy's move into the American Athletic Conference in 2015 as well as the Midshipmen's traditional game with Army played a week after the regular season. Both schools have said they would not budge off that date. This year, it is Dec. 12. For 126 other teams, the season ends Dec. 5, at the latest.

Only bowls affected by possible Navy inclusion will be held open, Hancock said. The FBS commissioners made the recommendation to the CFP board of managers (college presidents) at the annual Collegiate Commissioners Association meeting in Asheville, North Carolina. It is expected to be approved.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...-army-game
06-16-2015 08:36 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(06-16-2015 07:59 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I guess Craig Thompson can stop crying now.

IDK just a hunch here but I bet there's more to this than we are been led to and that perhaps explains Thompson's beaching and crying behavior.

Congrats to Navy Army and the American 04-cheers
06-16-2015 10:12 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-16-2015 07:59 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I guess Craig Thompson can stop crying now.

No, he'll only cry more now. This is NOT what he wanted.

Screw him.
06-16-2015 10:15 PM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
It rarely will be a problem to begin with. The solution was not that hard. is it perfect? no but it works good enough.
06-16-2015 10:18 PM
RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
Good news for the AAC 04-cheers Not what the MWC wanted.03-weeping
06-16-2015 10:52 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(06-16-2015 10:52 PM)RUfan03 Wrote:  Good news for the AAC 04-cheers Not what the MWC wanted.03-weeping

Thank you Rutgers Fan. Appreciate the support and your dropping by.
06-16-2015 11:29 PM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
I don't think there was really any chance that the College Football Playoffs wanted to look like they were dismissing Army and Navy, even if they honestly think those programs are irrelevant. It's just not a popular position to dismiss our military men and women and the history of the Army-Navy game.
06-17-2015 12:04 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(06-17-2015 12:04 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  I don't think there was really any chance that the College Football Playoffs wanted to look like they were dismissing Army and Navy, even if they honestly think those programs are irrelevant. It's just not a popular position to dismiss our military men and women and the history of the Army-Navy game.

That Navy influence paying off already
06-17-2015 05:44 AM
Advertisement

SteveUCF19 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
This is great news. Army & Navy shouldn't have to change their tradition. I feel the same way about ND staying independent. Why should they have to join a conference just because every other major school did? Until the early 90s we had lots of major independents.
06-17-2015 07:57 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
Wonder if this could make other conferences hold their CCG game the same day after the early Army/Navy game? The precedence has been set by the committee that the Access bowl spot will be held. So maybe some smaller G5 conferences wanting more of a spotlight for their CCG will move the date also.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 08:18 AM by MWC Tex.)
06-17-2015 08:18 AM
SteveUCF19 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
This is great news. Army & Navy shouldn't have to change their tradition. I feel the same way about ND staying independent. Why should they have to join a conference just because every other major school did? Until the early 90s we had lots of major independents.
06-17-2015 08:20 AM
FrancisDrake Offline
1st String

I Root For: Piecesof8
(06-17-2015 08:20 AM)SteveUCF19 Wrote:  This is great news. Army & Navy shouldn't have to change their tradition. I feel the same way about ND staying independent. Why should they have to join a conference just because every other major school did? Until the early 90s we had lots of major independents.

Not that I disagree you but ND has already lot its "independence." They are required to play five ACC teams a year. Required and independence don't jive.
06-17-2015 08:58 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: Solution Reached for CFP Army-Navy Game Issue
(06-17-2015 05:44 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(06-17-2015 12:04 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  I don't think there was really any chance that the College Football Playoffs wanted to look like they were dismissing Army and Navy, even if they honestly think those programs are irrelevant. It's just not a popular position to dismiss our military men and women and the history of the Army-Navy game.

That Navy influence paying off already

Don't forget navy was the school that hung tough when it was all falling apart and also told Boise to pound sand with their special deal

Poetic justice
06-17-2015 09:24 AM
Advertisement

ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
[Image: iZIgEUjkwiCl4.gif]
06-17-2015 09:57 AM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Great outcome, and the proper outcome. MWC made a fool of themselves in a desperate attempt to try and knock us down a peg... but a smart person picks and chooses their battles.

Good for Navy, good for the AAC. Great for the Army-Navy game, one of the best traditions in college football!
06-17-2015 01:22 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(06-17-2015 08:18 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Wonder if this could make other conferences hold their CCG game the same day after the early Army/Navy game? The precedence has been set by the committee that the Access bowl spot will be held. So maybe some smaller G5 conferences wanting more of a spotlight for their CCG will move the date also.

mwc guys always reaching...navy is only allowed to play on that week because of an ncaa exemption...no g5 can move to that week even if they wanted
06-17-2015 01:37 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(06-17-2015 01:37 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(06-17-2015 08:18 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Wonder if this could make other conferences hold their CCG game the same day after the early Army/Navy game? The precedence has been set by the committee that the Access bowl spot will be held. So maybe some smaller G5 conferences wanting more of a spotlight for their CCG will move the date also.

mwc guys always reaching...navy is only allowed to play on that week because of an ncaa exemption...no g5 can move to that week even if they wanted

Nope. See below. Any conference can play on the 2nd Saturday of December.
17.9.4 E nd of Playing Season. [FBS/FCS] A member institution’s last contest (game or scrimmage) with
outside competition in football shall not be played after the second Saturday or Sunday in December, except for
the following: (Revised: 1/11/89)
(a) Spring Practice Scrimmage. [FBS/FCS] One scrimmage or contest at the conclusion of spring practice,
provided the game is with a team composed of bona fide alumni or students or both; and (Revised: 1/10/90)
(b) Bowl Games, NCAA and NAIA Championships, International Competition and Heritage Bowl.
[FBS/FCS] One postseason game that meets the requirements of Bylaw 18.7 and the NCAA postseason
football handbook or those games played in the Division I Football Championship; football contests played
on a foreign tour certified by the member institution; or the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
football championships. In championship subdivision football only, a member institution’s last contest also
may include participation in the Heritage Bowl. (Revised: 1/10/90, 1/10/91, 1/10/92, 1/16/93, 1/14/97 effective
8/1/97, 8/5/99, 4/27/06, 12/15/06, 11/1/07 effective 8/1/08, 10/28/10, 10/27/11 effective 4/1/12)
17.9.4.1 Heritage Bowl Restrictions. [FCS] All members of the Mid-Eastern and Southwestern Athletic
Conferences shall participate in the Division I Football Championship, if eligible and selected for participation,
and members of those conferences that participate in the Division I Football Championship also shall not participate
in the Heritage Bowl during the same year. The Heritage Bowl may be conducted on the same weekend
as the Division I Football Championship, provided there is no conflict in the time of the contests. (Adopted:
1/16/93, Revised: 8/5/99, 12/15/06)
17.9.4.2 Final Date for Bowl Game. [FBS/FCS] In bowl subdivision football, the postseason football bowl
game in Bylaw 17.9.4-(b) must be played not later than the second Monday in January immediately following
the conclusion of the regular football season. In championship subdivision football, the postseason football bowl
game in Bylaw 17.9.4-(b) must be played not later than the January 2 immediately following the conclusion
of the regular football season or, if January 2 falls on a Friday or a Sunday, not later than January 3 of that year.
(Adopted: 1/11/89, Revised: 1/10/95 effective 8/1/95, 2/1/05, 1/9/06 effective 8/1/06, 12/15/06)

Could see the MAC hold the CCG game after the Army/Navy game if the CFP is going to hold the bowls open until the after the Army/Navy game.
I guess, I see Navy as really competitive enough to win the AAC and get a Access bowl bid with 2 or 3 losses which is really realistic for Navy.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 03:15 PM by MWC Tex.)
06-17-2015 03:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.