CUSA commissioner hopes UAB revives football, otherwise won't keep Blazers
05-29-2015 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
RE: CUSA commissioner hopes UAB revives football, otherwise won't keep Blazers
Good this came out today to remind anyone holding on to the delusion we can stay in CUSA without football. Let's see if the BOT cares about all three campuses equally like they claim or would they rather send UAB athletics into conference limbo where we have to settle on a worse conference for all sports.
05-29-2015 09:03 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Would C-USA be doing UAB a favor by giving it a year's extension until 6/30/2016? Perhaps UAB would be better off getting into a new conference right away.

We will know by this time after 6/8/15 what decisions have been made in Tuscaloosa for UAB athletics and its effect on UAB's future. Right now we don't know whether killing UAB football was the only BOT objective or if it was only the first BOT objective.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 01:28 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
05-29-2015 01:27 PM
Advertisement

Cole Offline
2nd String

(05-29-2015 01:27 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Would C-USA be doing UAB a favor by giving it a year's extension until 6/30/2016? Perhaps UAB would be better off getting into a new conference right away.

We will know by this time after 6/8/15 what decisions have been made in Tuscaloosa for UAB athletics and its effect on UAB's future. Right now we don't know whether killing UAB football was the only BOT objective or if it was only the first BOT objective.

If, for some reason, we must move, I would think it best to wait. The money we get from C-USA is going to be more than from anywhere else. May as well get as much as we can.

Hopefully, we won't have to make this decision.
05-29-2015 01:33 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(05-29-2015 01:33 PM)Cole Wrote:  
(05-29-2015 01:27 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Would C-USA be doing UAB a favor by giving it a year's extension until 6/30/2016? Perhaps UAB would be better off getting into a new conference right away.

If, for some reason, we must move, I would think it best to wait. The money we get from C-USA is going to be more than from anywhere else. May as well get as much as we can.

Some posters have said UAB will not get any money from C-USA during that year if we are on the way out. In fact some have said it will cost UAB some money to stay. I hope we don't have to find out.
05-29-2015 01:50 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

(05-29-2015 01:50 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  
(05-29-2015 01:33 PM)Cole Wrote:  

Some posters have said UAB will not get any money from C-USA during that year if we are on the way out. In fact some have said it will cost UAB some money to stay. I hope we don't have to find out.

I understood it to be that we would not be receiving CUSA football money. Other sports would get their revenue from CUSA next year.
05-29-2015 01:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.