Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scott Walker Wisconsin Issues
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Scott Walker Wisconsin Issues
Not going well on several fronts.

Quote:State records say that Gov. Scott Walker received a copy of a 2011 letter pledging a $500,000 taxpayer loan to a now-defunct Milwaukee construction company headed by a Walker donor, seemingly contradicting statements by the governor and his aides that he was not aware of the award.
Records indicate Scott Walker was copied on letter promising loan to donor

Quote:During the 2010 campaign for governor, Scott Walker famously promised to create 250,000 jobs in his first term.

Toward this end, one of his first acts as governor was to privatize the state's economic development agency. Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) opened its doors in July 2011. After a series of damning audits, which highlighted mismanagement and incompetence, and news reports of special treatment for Walker donors, this week Democratic state lawmakers called for a federal investigation of the scandal-plagued entity.

Walker missed his jobs goal by 43 percent. Now we know why.
Privatization Fail: Scott Walker's WEDC in Full Meltdown
05-21-2015 10:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
RE: Scott Walker Wisconsin Issues
(05-21-2015 10:09 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Not going well on several fronts.

Quote:State records say that Gov. Scott Walker received a copy of a 2011 letter pledging a $500,000 taxpayer loan to a now-defunct Milwaukee construction company headed by a Walker donor, seemingly contradicting statements by the governor and his aides that he was not aware of the award.

Quote:During the 2010 campaign for governor, Scott Walker famously promised to create 250,000 jobs in his first term.

Toward this end, one of his first acts as governor was to privatize the state's economic development agency. Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) opened its doors in July 2011. After a series of damning audits, which highlighted mismanagement and incompetence, and news reports of special treatment for Walker donors, this week Democratic state lawmakers called for a federal investigation of the scandal-plagued entity.

After Hillary, Anything else is just a Cakewalk !03-lmfao
05-21-2015 10:13 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
Yet he keeps winning elections. "He must be doing something right."
05-21-2015 10:14 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-21-2015 10:14 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Yet he keeps winning elections. "He must be doing something right."

Does HE win the elections or does a famous brother conglomerate win the elections FOR him? 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2015 11:20 AM by Redwingtom.)
05-21-2015 10:16 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-21-2015 10:13 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXK0Tvpmqpv2nlSxT8azJ...ALC75gKAMw]
05-21-2015 10:19 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Not good at all. I'll wait and see what develops before passing judgement, but I won't vote for a cronyist that pretends to be a conservative (former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell comes to mind).
05-21-2015 10:23 AM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12

This thread isn't about Hillary.
05-21-2015 10:24 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(05-21-2015 10:24 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

This thread isn't about Hillary.

I agree. Stay on point.

I'm really upset that Lou Holtz won't be back on the ESPN studio show. Rece is gone. What is May going to do?
05-21-2015 11:06 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(05-21-2015 10:09 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Walker missed his jobs goal by 43 percent. Now we know why.

In MN, Governor Dayton also “promised” that property taxes would drop (they didn’t), that he’d cut middle class taxes in general (he didn’t), that the general public and general fund would not be left on the hook for the Vikings Stadium (e-pulltabs aren’t doing the job, so who else are they gonna ask?), and that he wouldn’t shut down the government over taxes (he did).
05-21-2015 11:11 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-21-2015 11:11 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 10:09 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Walker missed his jobs goal by 43 percent. Now we know why.

In MN, Governor Dayton also “promised” that property taxes would drop (they didn’t), that he’d cut middle class taxes in general (he didn’t), that the general public and general fund would not be left on the hook for the Vikings Stadium (e-pulltabs aren’t doing the job, so who else are they gonna ask?), and that he wouldn’t shut down the government over taxes (he did).

Cool story bro. What does that have to do with Walker?
05-21-2015 11:18 AM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
At least Walker didn't do this:

[Image: BRANCO%2B03%2B06.jpg]
05-21-2015 11:28 AM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(05-21-2015 11:28 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  At least Walker didn't do this:

What does this have to do with Walker?
05-21-2015 11:29 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(05-21-2015 11:29 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Walker is going to miss Lou Holtz too. But not Mark May, who su*ks.
05-21-2015 11:31 AM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(05-21-2015 10:16 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 10:14 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Yet he keeps winning elections. "He must be doing something right."

Does HE win the elections or does a famous brother conglomerate win the elections FOR him? 03-wink

He won those elections, is spite of the Dems bringing in professional (paid) radicals from out of state.
05-21-2015 12:05 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(05-21-2015 12:05 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 10:16 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

He won those elections, is spite of the Dems bringing in professional (paid) radicals from out of state.

Both sides spent significant money and manpower in wisconsin over this, stop being silly like implying it's actually one sided.
05-21-2015 12:18 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(05-21-2015 11:29 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Everything. Since you're having a transgression-measuring contest with this thread: Being responsible for killing Americans and willfully destroying evidence that you publicly admit to doing > not remembering some letter that may have been mailed to you that you didn't open or might not have seen.

Kinda like izlum crazies tossing homosexuals off buildings for being who they are > paperwork for homosexuals to define a legal relationship that isn't even enforceable for heterosexuals.

Now, about those weatherpersons...
05-21-2015 01:04 PM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(05-21-2015 11:18 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Cool story bro. What does that have to do with Walker?

Quite a bit, on the job side, which I quoted. In Minnesota, Gov. Mark Dayton and his DFL majority achieved a “surplus” by jacking up taxes to unprecedented levels. In Wisconsin, Gov. Scott Walker is on track to achieve a surplus through pure economic growth. So even though he didn't hit his job goal, he is still on track to make Wisconsin stronger.

WI and MN are often compared along social, economic and government lines. Also, one difference between Wisconsin and Minnesota and why Walker has had success where Republicans in Minnesota have struggled……the opposition left in Wisconsin are idiots. (Or the left in MN isn’t smarter or more aware of markets or marketing principles; they just don’t get challenged here.)
05-21-2015 01:21 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-21-2015 01:21 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 11:18 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Cool story bro. What does that have to do with Walker?

Quite a bit, on the job side, which I quoted. In Minnesota, Gov. Mark Dayton and his DFL majority achieved a “surplus” by jacking up taxes to unprecedented levels. In Wisconsin, Gov. Scott Walker is on track to achieve a surplus through pure economic growth. So even though he didn't hit his job goal, he is still on track to make Wisconsin stronger.

WI and MN are often compared along social, economic and government lines. Also, one difference between Wisconsin and Minnesota and why Walker has had success where Republicans in Minnesota have struggled……the opposition left in Wisconsin are idiots. (Or the left in MN isn’t smarter or more aware of markets or marketing principles; they just don’t get challenged here.)

Minnesota economy beats Wisconsin: 7 charts, 1 table
05-21-2015 01:58 PM
niusfactuary Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU,Cubs,Bears

DonatorsSurvivor Runner-up
(05-21-2015 01:58 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Must not have made it to the end of the article.

"Usually, at this point people want to talk politics. Are we cherry picking data that makes Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker look bad? Did Gov. Mark Dayton’s tax and budget plans lay the groundwork for this success?

No and no."
05-21-2015 03:18 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(05-21-2015 03:18 PM)niusfactuary Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 01:58 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Must not have made it to the end of the article.

"Usually, at this point people want to talk politics. Are we cherry picking data that makes Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker look bad? Did Gov. Mark Dayton’s tax and budget plans lay the groundwork for this success?

No and no."

So what. I'm not the one trying to introduce this Red Herring. Minnesota has nothing to do with this thread!
05-21-2015 03:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.