UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AD Speaks
backyardblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Blazers
AD Speaks
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/...cart_river

Not sure how many will get a warm and fuzzy over this one.
05-05-2015 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
RE: AD Speaks
Sounded like watts junior
05-05-2015 04:18 PM
Doktyr X Offline
1st String

I Root For: Science! (+UAB)
Underwhelming to say the least. I am will to give the guy some time to get his act together and figure out what is going on. I would not expect for him to come out against Watts his first day on the job. I will be interested to see what he says when the CSS report is released. This will tell us quite a bit about the new AD.
05-05-2015 04:51 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Well know more about him if Watts is always by his side or if he appears by himself at press events & such
05-05-2015 04:53 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(05-05-2015 04:51 PM)Doktyr X Wrote:  Underwhelming to say the least. I am will to give the guy some time to get his act together and figure out what is going on. I would not expect for him to come out against Watts his first day on the job. I will be interested to see what he says when the CSS report is released. This will tell us quite a bit about the new AD.

"His belief in the sterling reputation of the school and his faith in UAB president Ray Watts convinced him to leave Temple and come to Alabama. The job made sense for Ingram, no matter what the review returns.

"I respect the vision that Dr. Watts has, and that's he wants to be excellent in everything that we do," Ingram said. "It's funny during a conversation I had with him he used that word, and I perked up because I use that word a lot."

He could have done without publicly sucking up to Watts if he wants to gain the confidence of the students, faculty, alumni and boosters.
05-05-2015 04:56 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
In order for him to stand up to Watts eventually, he has to feel the fans and supporters have his back.

He can't bring football back himself. It's his job to put UAB in the best place possible with or without football. I think he would obviously want the athletic department he heads to have football.

One thing he said that gave me hope

"It's obvious the fans care about football. That tells me there is lots of potential here."
05-05-2015 04:57 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(05-05-2015 04:51 PM)Doktyr X Wrote:  Underwhelming to say the least. I am will to give the guy some time to get his act together and figure out what is going on. I would not expect for him to come out against Watts his first day on the job. I will be interested to see what he says when the CSS report is released. This will tell us quite a bit about the new AD.

This
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 05:00 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
05-05-2015 04:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ICB Offline
Heisman

They were not what we wanted, but there aren't too many people who could've been hired that would have said what we wanted to hear. He was vetted by people who want football back, and a few who "don't give d#$n what it costs."

I think he is pro football, but knows there are certain things he can or cannot say today. I'm more interested in his ability to get enough money for this stadium once we get it back.
05-05-2015 05:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
One thing is clear. Watts must go. Football isn't coming back with Watts here unless Finis and PBJ tell him to bring it back.
05-05-2015 05:09 PM
EnviroBlazerD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB, Alabama
Ok, after reading it more carefully, I think I see what's going on here:

He respects Watts' vision as he knows it, to be one of excellence. He doesn't know that much about the backhanded politics of the BOT and THEIR vision for UAB. I could almost see how he would see the positive side of Watts, since that's all he's seen of him, his lies!
05-05-2015 05:11 PM
Doktyr X Offline
1st String

I Root For: Science! (+UAB)
He will learn quickly that being a mouthpiece for Watts is not a good thing. He can ask the formerly well-respected Linda Lucas about that. It only took her about 3 months of towing the Watts line to wreck her reputation around here.

Ingram, if he is smart, should get out and talk to the fans, students, boosters, employees and those of us that really do care about UAB. He needs to hear the other side of the story from other points of view. Joining the Watts cabal is not a recipe for job security.
05-05-2015 05:16 PM
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Did you guys really expect him, before a contract is even signed, get up there and say "F THE POLICE LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBALL GUYS! WOO!"
05-05-2015 05:20 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Got to love this gem.

Quote:UAB AD Mark Ingram asked if he is aware of Ray Watts no confidence votes:
"I am aware of the great things going on at this university."
05-05-2015 05:30 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I wonder if he gave Clark a call before taking the job
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 05:33 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
05-05-2015 05:31 PM
blzr4life Offline
Bench Warmer

If his salary is over $400k then we know he is being paid off to support Watts like so many others are.
05-05-2015 06:00 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
Everyone is right that he can't just go right out there and oppose Watts, but quotes like "I almost don't remember playing football, other than the pictures my mom has somewhere to prove it" make me queasy and feel bad for his family. He'll get booed right out of Birmingham if he continues that line.
05-05-2015 06:54 PM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(05-05-2015 06:00 PM)blzr4life Wrote:  If his salary is over $400k then we know he is being paid off to support Watts like so many others are.

It may be just as simple as looking around the room today and realizing that the guy who killed football was still there to introduce him, and those who may have opposed his action were no where to be seen.
05-05-2015 07:11 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

Well I guess it could have been worse. Any word on how the alumni meeting went?
05-05-2015 08:23 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

(05-05-2015 05:30 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Got to love this gem.

Quote:UAB AD Mark Ingram asked if he is aware of Ray Watts no confidence votes:
"I am aware of the great things going on at this university."

Jesus
05-05-2015 08:26 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(05-05-2015 06:54 PM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  Everyone is right that he can't just go right out there and oppose Watts, but quotes like "I almost don't remember playing football, other than the pictures my mom has somewhere to prove it" make me queasy and feel bad for his family. He'll get booed right out of Birmingham if he continues that line.

That was definitely a weird thing to say.
05-05-2015 09:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.