UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UA AD Bill Battle's connection to UAB
UABslant Offline

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
UA AD Bill Battle's connection to UAB
Bill Battle's wife, Mary, is a summa *** laude graduate of the University of Texas School of Nursing with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing. She earned a Master of Science in healthcare administration from the University of Alabama-Birmingham. For many years Mary worked in the healthcare industry both in the clinical setting and for healthcare corporations that developed and managed physician provider networks including the development of strategically significant relationships with payors and business and industry.

Mary currently serves on the Arthritis Foundation National Board of Directors and is the chairperson of the Arthritis Foundation Leadership Council for the Birmingham market. She is also a member of the Volunteer Engagement Task Team for the Arthritis Foundation. In addition, Mary is an inaugural member of the UAB School of Medicine Board of Visitors and is active in fundraising activities for UAB that support research projects targeting more effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis.

-from Bill Battle's bio on rolltide.com

The Battles are part of UAB's Stem Cell Institute Board and are both active in their support of UAB's Department of Rheumatology.

-
05-02-2015 08:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

RE: UA AD Bill Battle's connection to UAB
(05-02-2015 08:23 AM)UABslant Wrote:  Bill Battle's wife, Mary, is a summa *** laude graduate of the University of Texas School of Nursing with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing. She earned a Master of Science in healthcare administration from the University of Alabama-Birmingham. For many years Mary worked in the healthcare industry both in the clinical setting and for healthcare corporations that developed and managed physician provider networks including the development of strategically significant relationships with payors and business and industry.

Mary currently serves on the Arthritis Foundation National Board of Directors and is the chairperson of the Arthritis Foundation Leadership Council for the Birmingham market. She is also a member of the Volunteer Engagement Task Team for the Arthritis Foundation. In addition, Mary is an inaugural member of the UAB School of Medicine Board of Visitors and is active in fundraising activities for UAB that support research projects targeting more effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis.

-from Bill Battle's bio on rolltide.com

The Battles are part of UAB's Stem Cell Institute Board and are both active in their support of UAB's Department of Rheumatology.

-
That is a very interesting find! I knew Battle was from Birmingham (West End HS).....had no idea about his wife.
05-02-2015 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I hope that helps us somehow.
05-02-2015 09:45 AM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

That coincidental bleeping of the academic distinction amused me.

rolltide . com hyphenated us.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 09:48 AM by thebernreuter.)
05-02-2015 09:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

Ray Watts graduated from West End High School as well. Could all these folks plotting against UAB have connections that go all the way back to the 70s?
05-02-2015 09:56 AM
uabrsc3 Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-02-2015 09:56 AM)kdblazer Wrote:  Ray Watts graduated from West End High School as well. Could all these folks plotting against UAB have connections that go all the way back to the 70s?

I also went to West End class of 76...if there is a cabal of anti UABers they don't let me in on the scam. Also Battle went to school with my mom so different generations.
05-02-2015 09:59 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(05-02-2015 09:56 AM)kdblazer Wrote:  Ray Watts graduated from West End High School as well. Could all these folks plotting against UAB have connections that go all the way back to the 70s?

While that seems odd, when I started in newspapering there was an extremely tight cabal of judges and lawyers, old guys who dominated local courts and criminal justice. Never fully understood how deep the connections went until some years later when I'm waiting for my order in the actual original Golden Rule Barbecue and staring at this pic on the wall of the 1948 Phillips High baseball team - and ALL of them were in it.

But I think Bill Battle is a good bit older than Pumpkinhead, maybe even older than NitWitt.
05-02-2015 10:02 AM
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

(05-02-2015 09:59 AM)uabrsc3 Wrote:  

I also went to West End class of 76...if there is a cabal of anti UABers they don't let me in on the scam. Also Battle went to school with my mom so different generations.

Battle and Watts are around the same age though. I get your point and that was a reach but the connections are piling up all over the place.
05-02-2015 10:02 AM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

Battle is 14 years older than Watts. He looks better too.
05-02-2015 10:38 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Is Bamanblazerfan in on it too. He taught there. He must be their secret leader.
05-02-2015 11:26 AM
Advertisement

UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(05-02-2015 11:26 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  

Is Bamanblazerfan in on it too. He taught there. He must be their secret leader.

I think you're on to something!
05-02-2015 11:40 AM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I think everybody needs to take a deep breath and just let things work through the next couple of weeks.
05-02-2015 01:02 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(05-02-2015 11:40 AM)UABslant Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 11:26 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  

I think you're on to something!

Bill Battle, Jr graduated from WEHS about 1959 and Ray Watts graduated about 1972 (the same year I graduated with an MA from UAB), one year before T.R. Dunn. UAB's own Barry Bearden, who played BB for Gene Bartow and was one of the first QBs for Jim Hilyer, graduated in the 1980s and is now MBB coach at Altamont.

Do you suppose Ray Watts had anything to do with tearing down WEHS a few years ago? Is destruction following him?
05-02-2015 03:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.