BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
OSKR report is out
04-23-2015 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: OSKR report is out
Also started a thread on C-USA board. GET THESE THINGS VIRAL!!!!
04-23-2015 11:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Is there a link to the actual study?
04-23-2015 01:01 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
04-23-2015 01:03 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Impressive.
04-23-2015 03:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BandGrad Offline
Heisman

(04-23-2015 01:03 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  http://www.scribd.com/doc/262842969/UAB-...ull-Report

I wonder if Ray Watts will even acknowledge that this document exists? The CSS report will be huge.
04-23-2015 04:07 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Alan Collins @fox6alancollins
· 1h 1 hour ago
UAB administration says it will make decision football, bowling and rifle teams based on actual numbers despite OSKR report

03-lmfao
04-23-2015 04:49 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(04-23-2015 04:49 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  
Quote:
· 1h 1 hour ago
UAB administration says it will make decision football, bowling and rifle teams based on actual numbers despite OSKR report

03-lmfao

That means that they intend to continue to rely on their phony athletic department accounting system. That's not good news for the return of football.
04-23-2015 05:17 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Got to make them look stupid.
04-23-2015 05:21 PM
Advertisement

CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(04-23-2015 05:21 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Got to make them look stupid.

Watts and their expensive minions don't need a lot of help in that regard. I'm anxious to see if CSS is stupid enough to join the fools' parade. If they are, I'm counting on the media, both local and national, to shine a very bright light on their stupidity.

If I'm running CSS, I couldn't afford let my firm look stupid in ESPN and Fox Sports articles, regardless of Watts' instructions. It isn't worth it if it costs my firm future business. That said, I'm obviously not running CSS, so who knows what the hell they will do.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 06:01 PM by CajunBlazer.)
04-23-2015 06:00 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
All that happens then is that the party line is that CSS was right and the OSKR numbers were paid for by a booster.

Spin's a wonderful thing, it goes in all directions.
04-23-2015 06:16 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-23-2015 06:16 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  All that happens then is that the party line is that CSS was right and the OSKR numbers were paid for by a booster.

Spin's a wonderful thing, it goes in all directions.

Exactly. Not many people are complaining today like they did when the Carr report came out that you can pay to have any report say what you want it to say.

All this means is we have two biased reports now and everyone can choose which one they like the most.

I still don't understand why the boosters are playing this game. We shouldn't have to justify through reports that we deserve to have football based on financial numbers. We should have football because it should be a part of the student and alumni experience. It isn't designed to make money. This report is the result of falling into their trap and letting them design the parameters of the debate.
04-23-2015 06:25 PM
ndjs22 Offline
2nd String

^ I agree to a point, but even if we let them design the parameters, we just beat them with their own rules.
04-23-2015 06:38 PM
Advertisement

JeffUAB Offline
Special Teams

You play this game because it gets the situation back into the national conversation. It also shifts that conversation and puts the anti-football faction on the defensive. Sure, if the analysis turns out to be a shoddy as the Carr report, it could hurt us. However, I think that is unlikely. There are a lot of people who weren't tuned into this issue before that are now asking questions. If we are to eventually win this, it will be by shining as bright a light as possible on the injustice and corruption that are behind this fiasco.
04-23-2015 07:23 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

This is the second report showing football is viable. The one Portera had done in 2008 did as well. I am betting CSS will also. That will be three to one.

Besides as Cajun said. More to come ;-)
04-23-2015 07:26 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

It's helps show it's not about the money.
04-23-2015 07:27 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
OSKR thrust this back into the national spotlight--potentially at a higher velocity than mid-December 2014. For this we should be eternally grateful.
04-23-2015 07:31 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
We just need to keep up the drumbeat. They want us to shut up and go away.

I'd much rather keep dragging dirty dealings into the light one by one.
04-23-2015 08:14 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(04-23-2015 05:17 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  
Quote:
· 1h 1 hour ago

03-lmfao

That means that they intend to continue to rely on their phony athletic department accounting system. That's not good news for the return of football.

Watts is not going to let football return on his watch. This report hastens his exit and helps his successor bring back football.

There are actually two ways to remove Watts: a. he becomes too great a burden to the Trustees and they fire him, or b. his morale breaks.

As for the first, he'd probably be gone already if Judy Bonner hadn't bailed out.

As for the second, look at him. He has lost at least 50 pounds since December 2nd, and I'd bet that's not Crossfit Training. We know the Fire Ray Watts chant harpooned his ego.

I think there's a fair chance the little pumpkin-headed bastard melts down, quits, and runs off to Brooklyn full-time. Could even happen Saturday.

Keep pouring on the heat. And keep it personal.
04-23-2015 09:15 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

(04-23-2015 09:15 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 05:17 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  
Quote:
· 1h 1 hour ago

03-lmfao

Watts is not going to let football return on his watch. This report hastens his exit and helps his successor bring back football.

There are actually two ways to remove Watts: a. he becomes too great a burden to the Trustees and they fire him, or b. his morale breaks.

As for the first, he'd probably be gone already if Judy Bonner hadn't bailed out.

As for the second, look at him. He has lost at least 50 pounds since December 2nd, and I'd bet that's not Crossfit Training. We know the Fire Ray Watts chant harpooned his ego.

I think there's a fair chance the little pumpkin-headed bastard melts down, quits, and runs off to Brooklyn full-time. Could even happen Saturday.

Keep pouring on the heat. And keep it personal.
03-lmfao
04-23-2015 09:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.