UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's next?
blazer-J Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
What's next?
As we wait on the results of ATF report and hold out hope that something will pass in the legislature this session. What is the next step?

I think establishing a PAC is the only way to bring about the change we need in Montgomery.

Any thoughts?
04-21-2015 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

RE: What's next?
There may be additional developments not mentioned which could substantially advance our cause. I think we need to be patient and let all of this play out and then determine if and/or how much the situation is changed. Then we can assess our position and then determine which way(s) forward will be the most effective given the circumstances. So I think you are a bit early, but I like the PAC idea for the right situation.
04-21-2015 05:29 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
For now focus on the next play. The next play happens to be blowing up the Solomon article.
04-21-2015 05:31 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

I'm getting antsy. I need another rally or something.
04-21-2015 05:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(04-21-2015 05:32 PM)thebernreuter Wrote:  I'm getting antsy. I need another rally or something.

You're in luck. There's one tomorrow at 4:30.
04-21-2015 05:42 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

Whatever happened with the supposed meeting between the faculty senate folks and some BOT members last week??
04-21-2015 05:47 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Information is on lock down.
04-21-2015 06:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Put it this way - I think that if a compromise had been reached we would have heard about it by now.
04-21-2015 06:24 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-21-2015 03:39 PM)blazer-J Wrote:  As we wait on the results of ATF report and hold out hope that something will pass in the legislature this session. What is the next step?

I think establishing a PAC is the only way to bring about the change we need in Montgomery.

Any thoughts?

Mainly we wait for the ATF report and see what happens afterward. Even if we get a favorable report there is no guarantee that Watts does anything with it. If we do get a favorable report, there will be a doughnut hole in the funding picture. All UAB Boosters, big and small, will need to step up.
04-21-2015 06:26 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

(04-21-2015 06:24 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Put it this way - I think that if a compromise had been reached we would have heard about it by now.

Not necessarily the Task Force gives them a cover to reinstate football and save face by not appearing to cave publicly.

But, I am know better than be optimistic.
04-21-2015 07:20 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(04-21-2015 06:26 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  
(04-21-2015 03:39 PM)blazer-J Wrote:  As we wait on the results of ATF report and hold out hope that something will pass in the legislature this session. What is the next step?

Any thoughts?

Mainly we wait for the ATF report and see what happens afterward. Even if we get a favorable report there is no guarantee that Watts does anything with it. If we do get a favorable report, there will be a doughnut hole in the funding picture. All UAB Boosters, big and small, will need to step up.

At this point, it's hard for me to believe that money is going to fix anything. I hope I'm wrong.
04-22-2015 07:50 AM
Advertisement

price4UAB Offline
Bench Warmer

As mentioned before, there is a rally tonight at 4:30 on the Green, then a final march of the semester to the admin bldg. Afterwards there will be a cook out. Please join us students this evening. I see this as a priority to have students and alums join in the last organized rally of the Spring 2015 semester.

I myself plan on going after my final this afternoon.
04-22-2015 10:16 AM
PTBlazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB, UofA
(04-21-2015 06:26 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  

Any thoughts?

By that time it will be much too late. If the ATF report does not include committed dollars from credible sources, there is no football. "We will need to raise x and believe we can" will not under any circumstances get it. I am confident this has been expressed explicitly to the ATF and I am fearful they have not been out raising solid financial backing. If they have, I've heard nothing of it. The number I've heard through multiple sources is between $8 to 10 million. That number is no secret, and certainly should not be to the ATF.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015 10:25 AM by PTBlazer.)
04-22-2015 10:24 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Without going into detail. There will be a time where people can step up. Stay tuned.
04-22-2015 10:33 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(04-22-2015 10:33 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Without going into detail. There will be a time where people can step up. Stay tuned.

Let's just hope it isn't like the season ticket drive. These ******* will do anything they can to prevent us from restarting a team.
04-22-2015 10:50 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Get ready for Joe Dean Jr as your next AD for a program with basketball as its main sport.
04-22-2015 10:55 AM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Exactly.
04-22-2015 10:56 AM
grendelson138 Offline
Special Teams

If Joe Dean Jr. is hired, I will burn every bit of UAB gear I own.
04-22-2015 11:34 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Better get a match ready. That will be our new AD.
04-22-2015 11:41 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-22-2015 11:34 AM)grendelson138 Wrote:  If Joe Dean Jr. is hired, I will burn every bit of UAB gear I own.

A lot of people, maybe you too, said that they would do that if Watts abolished football.

That said. I have always disliked JDJr. Many years ago, when he was BSC coach, I was able to spend some time around him and found him to be brash, a hothead and generally a jerk to those who worked under him. He may have matured in 25 years, but those are my first impressions. His public persona (and that may be just his persona based on the job he was doing as SEC game commentator) has been pro SEC.

If he is the next AD, I have general negative impressions, not based on who hires him, but based on preconceived opinions.

That said, if he'a hired, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I will not give him milk and cookies though, because my dealings with him 25 years ago.
04-22-2015 11:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.