UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Watts search committee
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Watts search committee
Credit to Lee Miller, who pointed this out.

http://uasystem.ua.edu/wp-content/upload...092512.pdf
04-16-2015 09:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: Watts search committee
(04-16-2015 09:08 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Credit to Lee Miller, who pointed this out.

http://uasystem.ua.edu/wp-content/upload...092512.pdf

As I recall, 4 of the 5 trustees that recently met with Jabo (and are part of the effort to block his bill from succeeding) are on that list of folks who selected Watts. Bruno and Kahn also are on the list and we now know how well their bread is being buttered by Watts on behalf of the UAB family.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 09:15 PM by BlazrDawg.)
04-16-2015 09:14 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

I would be ashamed to have my name on that list, wouldn't you?
04-16-2015 09:58 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Lotsa folks trying to hold on to Watts and prove they didn't make the worst decision in recent memory....
04-16-2015 10:41 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

(04-16-2015 10:41 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Lotsa folks trying to hold on to Watts and prove they didn't make the worst decision in recent memory....

So pride and trying to dodge the egg on their face?05-duck
04-16-2015 10:43 PM
Agent Orange Sauce Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB Rifle
fire all of them
04-16-2015 11:43 PM
Advertisement

Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
Watts search committee
Probably doesn't have to be unanimous to approve as president. So I bet not all of those folks wanted Watts. I bet we could pretty easily identify several that did vote in favor of Watts.
04-17-2015 12:49 AM
beauregardtroosterstillcrows4u Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: silly?2ask UAB
(04-17-2015 12:49 AM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Probably doesn't have to be unanimous to approve as president. So I bet not all of those folks wanted Watts. I bet we could pretty easily identify several that did vote in favor of Watts.
OFF WITH THEIR EFFING HEADS!!!!
THE LEVEL OF CORRUPTION WITH THIS ADMINISTRATION OUTWEIGHS THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION,THE CHICOMS,NORTH KOREA AND IRAN COMBINED....LIKE A CHURCH SOCIAL!
WE WILL FIGHT,WE MUST FIGHT,WE ARE NOT FOR SALE!
KUDOS TO THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO ROLL OUT THE EVIDENCE AND
QUESTION THE INTEGRITY(WHO AM I KIDDING?) OF THESE
AUTHORITIES.
IT'S FUNNY TO ME THAT EVERY TIME THEY THINK THEY HAVE A FIX
FOR THIS LEAKY BOAT IT SPRINGS ANOTHER ONE.
SOMEWHERE OUT THERE ARE SOME MORE INFORMATION TORPEDOS
YET TO BE LAUNCHED! KEEP FIRING! THEY CAN'T DISTANCE THEMSELVES FROM THIS ISSUE AND DESERVE MISERY.
04-17-2015 01:52 AM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-17-2015 12:49 AM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Probably doesn't have to be unanimous to approve as president. So I bet not all of those folks wanted Watts. I bet we could pretty easily identify several that did vote in favor of Watts.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those currently drawing a UAB paycheck or with an active consulting contract voted for him. Call me crazy.....
04-17-2015 03:27 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I believe house has been cleaned as well of the unbelievers.
04-17-2015 09:17 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(04-17-2015 03:27 AM)biglizard Wrote:  

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those currently drawing a UAB paycheck or with an active consulting contract voted for him. Call me crazy.....

You may be crazy, but are definitely mistaken. There is much more to come on this story, and it will be devastating to Ray L. Watts and his masters. And that's really all I should say about that.
04-17-2015 09:24 AM
Advertisement

uabbean Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Revisionist History. The funny thing is that MOST on this board were very much ALSO in Watts favor as a local guy who was known to attend UAB sporting events. I had reservations because of his SOM/East side roots and their admitted agenda to cutback the indirect subsidy to athletics. I admit I had harped on the east side agenda for years and was annoying to AB and others. When the first athletic budget came out under Watts with some growth. I actually posted an apology for being wrong about Watts.

To be fair I was wrong but for a different reason- I had expected a freeze in the growth of the athletic budget and then a gradual cutback- NOT the end of football.

(04-16-2015 09:58 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  I would be ashamed to have my name on that list, wouldn't you?

(04-16-2015 11:43 PM)Agent Orange Sauce Wrote:  fire all of them

04-17-2015 10:18 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
I never trusted Watts, but I did not expect this sort of incompetence nor such an evil agenda. I even thought the Campaign for UAB was a good idea at the time and did not see leaving out the stadium as a major flaw. And I never doubted the east side agenda; it's hard to forget the "replace the nurse with a real doctor" campaign.

Now? It's going to take decades to repair the damage done by Ray Watts. Good faculty are already fleeing. Hell, football's going to be the easiest thing to fix.
04-17-2015 10:38 AM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

I never expected them to end football either. I expected them to cut it and keep it back like they have been doing for a decade. I guess they got sloppy and thought they could hire a few high dollar PR firms to make the fall out from the decision fade away. Now they are embroiled in a months long PR battle, spending thousands in school funds. Not an ideal situation for them to be sure.
04-17-2015 11:12 AM
blazertke Offline
1st String

(04-17-2015 11:12 AM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  I never expected them to end football either. I expected them to cut it and keep it back like they have been doing for a decade. I guess they got sloppy and thought they could hire a few high dollar PR firms to make the fall out from the decision fade away. Now they are embroiled in a months long PR battle, spending thousands in school funds. Not an ideal situation for them to be sure.

Outside of a lobotomy I don't know how they think anything will change our minds. It's not like we're going to see some ad or writeup in the newspaper and all of a sudden have warm fuzzy feelings about the BOT and Watts.
04-17-2015 11:19 AM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

(04-17-2015 11:19 AM)blazertke Wrote:  
(04-17-2015 11:12 AM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  I never expected them to end football either. I expected them to cut it and keep it back like they have been doing for a decade. I guess they got sloppy and thought they could hire a few high dollar PR firms to make the fall out from the decision fade away. Now they are embroiled in a months long PR battle, spending thousands in school funds. Not an ideal situation for them to be sure.

Outside of a lobotomy I don't know how they think anything will change our minds. It's not like we're going to see some ad or writeup in the newspaper and all of a sudden have warm fuzzy feelings about the BOT and Watts.

When you have a lot of money, you live in an insulated bubble from the real world. I have an old friend who worked in politics as an assistant. She said one day her old boss a long time politician, who retired, called her because he didn't know how to pump his own gas.
04-17-2015 11:23 AM
Advertisement

Hopeful Offline
Special Teams

I wasn't exactly big on him. He didn't seem as progressive as the last president, but I thought, at the very least, that I could trust him and that UAB was finally about to hit its stride in athletics. That, in combination with all the major events like the Dalai Lama visiting, made me feel like we were turning a page. I remember going to the State of the University Address since I had some free time and being kind of impressed, too.

I never expected that football would be cut, especially since I thought we were on the eve of not being ridiculously bad.

I never ever thought that the president of my own school would backstab me.
04-17-2015 11:28 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

(04-17-2015 11:19 AM)blazertke Wrote:  

They thought they could pass the blame on to Mackin & be done with it.

Little did they expect that Watts would be the person blamed.
04-17-2015 11:37 AM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(04-17-2015 09:24 AM)58-56 Wrote:  
(04-17-2015 03:27 AM)biglizard Wrote:  

You may be crazy, but are definitely mistaken. There is much more to come on this story, and it will be devastating to Ray L. Watts and his masters. And that's really all I should say about that.

he was the medical director or the chief of staff ,,and very few people like him ,,,they want him gone and make him president was one easy way to do it
he was killing research in general except the few that he like .
now since he is gone the research dollar are starting to go up
04-17-2015 12:50 PM
jthrashr Offline
1st String

(04-17-2015 10:38 AM)58-56 Wrote:  I never trusted Watts, but I did not expect this sort of incompetence nor such an evil agenda. I even thought the Campaign for UAB was a good idea at the time and did not see leaving out the stadium as a major flaw. And I never doubted the east side agenda; it's hard to forget the "replace the nurse with a real doctor" campaign.

Now? It's going to take decades to repair the damage done by Ray Watts. Good faculty are already fleeing. Hell, football's going to be the easiest thing to fix.

The Campaign for UAB was definitely not a Watts thing. Every 5 or 10 years, each UA System school gets to run a capital campaign, so it was in the planning stages back during Garrison's time.
04-17-2015 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.