UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Paul Finebaum told Tim Brando he believes the FreeUAB Movement will......
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
Paul Finebaum told Tim Brando he believes the FreeUAB Movement will......
Eventually lead to the football program being reinstated. Brando will have Scarb on this morning and Tim even talked about the Alumni game this weekend.

Btw, Paul made his comments without even being asked about it by Tim. Paul just threw it out there.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 12:56 PM by BamaScorpio69.)
04-10-2015 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UABslant Offline

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Paul Finebaum told Tim Brando he believes the FreeUAB Movement will......
It's easier for UAB to have football than for the BOT to be restructured. The BOT hates the media attention that this has brought about & they probably think having football return will calm the waters. The reality is that the killing of football just exposed the BOT for what they really are.
04-10-2015 10:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

In turn, there will be more oversight of the BOT by the additional non-owned members that will be added.
04-10-2015 10:13 AM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(04-10-2015 10:02 AM)UABslant Wrote:  It's easier for UAB to have football than for the BOT to be restructured. The BOT hates the media attention that this has brought about & they probably think having football return will calm the waters. The reality is that the killing of football just exposed the BOT for what they really are.

As many have said, even if football is brought back it will not be allowed to prosper if the same leadership is still in place. But getting all the programs reinstated I believe should be the immediate goal. The battle with the President and BOT is going to be a long, drawn out batte.
04-10-2015 10:14 AM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
The Machine above all else likes things to be settled quietly, the skids greased, then the vote executed and the policy announced.

All of this publicity and exposure has to make them uncomfortable. I continue to think that this mess may yet be settled by making a deal. They got their primary objective done, they crippled UAB football for years to come, even if it is not completely dead.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. We have to keep the long term goals in mind no matter what. Even if we lose on every front this year, we have to come back nest year and do it again until we gain control of our own affairs.
04-10-2015 11:52 AM
Advertisement

nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

They won the battle over football, but they are starting to lose the war. Little by little they are losing control of UAB as their corrupt and shameful actions garner the attention of the media, faculty, students, alumni and fans. Football will be back this summer because it is a small price to pay when compared to losing control of UAB.
04-10-2015 12:48 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Which is why the NAS & groups must demand an OCS and IPF as part of the package.
04-10-2015 12:57 PM
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(04-10-2015 12:57 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Which is why the NAS & groups must demand an OCS and IPF as part of the package.

Yep!
04-10-2015 01:03 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
I don't know that the BOT will back down. They've dug their heels in. If they were going to end up backing off and allowing football to return, I think they probably would have already done it.

I think they are going to let this play out in the legislature. We can only hope their hubris will backfire.
04-10-2015 01:07 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I think they still may attempt something if they see the ship sinking.
04-10-2015 01:08 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-10-2015 12:48 PM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  They won the battle over football, but they are starting to lose the war. Little by little they are losing control of UAB as their corrupt and shameful actions garner the attention of the media, faculty, students, alumni and fans. Football will be back this summer because it is a small price to pay when compared to losing control of UAB.

They see their control starting to be challenged, the traditions that have allowed their malignance to fester. The UA students elected a black student body president. The machine beat back an attempt to water down the influence of the big main line Greeks, but that exposed that they were block voting to do so. Now they have again done so, by blocking the appointments of the new student body president. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/10...29724.html

Every time this happens and it is discussed publicly it is a chink in their armor. They become a bit more exposed in their plantation mentality. We have to keep pointing out that the Emperor's new clothes are mighty sheer...
04-10-2015 04:19 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(04-10-2015 01:07 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  I don't know that the BOT will back down. They've dug their heels in. If they were going to end up backing off and allowing football to return, I think they probably would have already done it.

I think they are going to let this play out in the legislature. We can only hope their hubris will backfire.

Despotic powers never think they are losing until the end of the battles. Whether you refer to Louis XVI of France, Maximilian of Mexico, Nicholas II of Russia, Adolph of Germany, Benito of Italy or Osama bin Laden, they all push to stay in power until force removes them. The UA system BOT will not "go quietly into that good night" of real democracy without a fight.
04-10-2015 04:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.